What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Crystal Candy®

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Budbwoy!

Looking nice and frosty. Also with a good size and very compact ;)

Let us know what you think of the aromas and effect when you try them.

Thanks for the wonderful pics and Sweet smokes :tiphat:

tommy

Tommy hello and congratulations for the strain. I made a plant Outdoor harvest the second week of October and I must say it is a really great product. Fully reflects the specifications that you have used to describe the taste in your website.

I want to ask you a question, why in your site to be considered as a medical variety?

Thank you very much

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
Hi Tramannaik ;)
Thanks for the comments, our best medical variety is Cream Caramel®, but there's some more like Mohan Ram®, SAD S1®, Killer Kush F1 FV® or Green Poison®.

Cream Caramel® has a good ratio of CBD/THC.

THC 15/20%
CBD 1.6%
CBN 0,6%

Hope this helps you ;)
jaypp

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi Tramannaik! :tiphat:

If you check with attention, all our strains have that "medicinal" symbol. It is something that we have to include in our packages so that we go along with the laws. It does not mean that they are especially medicinal or whatever. It's like if we consider that every cannabis strain has medicinal properties.

As far as information about our most therapeutic strains, I agree with the post shared by my colleague Jaypp.

In January we will have more news in our new catalogue regarding especially therapeutic strains ;)

Sweet smokes!

tommy

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran

Hi sweet growers!

This year has become in the best way, our Crystal Candy® (SWS58) has won the 1st Prize – Best Indica – Spannabis Champions Cup – Barcelona – 2017

We hope you enjoy this marvelous plant, is fruity and* very sweet. And of course is a great producer of flowers and is very easy to grow, as all the Sweet Seeds varieties.

Crystal Candy® is a real Champion!

Buy Crystal Candy®

Sweet Smokes!​

Nirrity

hey Tommy, on your youtube channel ive seen youve done terpenr test on crystal candy auto. did you do the same on straight photoperiod crystal candy? if you did could you please share results?

on a further note i'd say terpene profiling is such an informative tool for buyer's strain choosing it have to be on high priority list for any breeder. i can't predict but would guess it really can push sales.

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
@Nirrity I'm sorry for the delay ;)

We only have a few strains tested for terpenes profiles.
but we are currently testing more strains and we will share that info when we have it ;)

We'd like to make it possible with all the strains from our catalogue.

Stay tuned, we will have more info about it soon, and maybe we'll making terpenes from some of our main strains ;)

Sweet smokes!
jaypp

Wild Seed

It was better if the lineage was not a secret.
Maybe in a few years we will also share info about the parentals.

It's been half a decade. Ready to reveal the lineage yet?

I agree with Lester. It's important to some of us to know the history of a strain.
Heard great reports on Crystal Candy, so thinking to buy some for a cross.

So to be sure, in case I'm making an IBL, is it a selection of 8 Miles High?
Because the Crystal Candy description seems very familiar with some of the phenos found.
If not, then what?

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi Wild Seed,

We still don't have that information. I understand your comment and personally I partially agree with what you say.

90% of the strains from our catalog have information about the lineage, so to any grower who finds it important we recommend these strains.

Although personally I also don't have the information, I know it is not a selection of 8 Miles High, as our breeders never worked with that genetics.

Kind regards,

tommy

Wild Seed

Thanks for taking the time to reply, albeit with the same answer as before.
I was interested in this strain specifically, not the other 90%. With millions of seed choices, consumers can be increasingly demanding, after all.

Can you tell me at least, is the Crystal Candy a standard stinker, or lower than average odor? I prefer a milder aroma. Same question for the Psicodelicia too.

Mohadib

Veteran
Thanks for taking the time to reply, albeit with the same answer as before.
I was interested in this strain specifically, not the other 90%. With millions of seed choices, consumers can be increasingly demanding, after all.

Can you tell me at least, is the Crystal Candy a standard stinker, or lower than average odor? I prefer a milder aroma. Same question for the Psicodelicia too.

Since the genetic make-up is obviously supposed to stay secret, it seems to be pointlese to guess, because even if we'd guess correctly, they probably wouldn't tell us.:chin:

However, based on my (limited) experience with the CC, I could imagine it's a cross between their Green Poison and Black Domina (S.A.D.). There certainly are some similarities between those strains and the CC, especially in terms of smell and taste.

If you prefer milder chemotypic profiles, you should stay away from the CC. It's not overly stinky in flower but once the flowers are dried, they carry a really strong fruity candy smell.

I would guess that it's a grapefruit selection. The description is very similar to their sweet special auto/fast version lines, which contain sweet seeds "grapefruit elite clone". They also used the sweet special to make the auto version/fast version lines of crystal candy.

Grapefruit is kind of a thrown around name, so I can see how the Green Poison > Skunk scenario explained earlier could be applied here.
That's just my two cents, whatever it is I'm interested in trying it out. I grabbed a couple of the auto xl packs for now but if I like those I'd be interested in trying the photo version as well.

Montuno

...como el Son...
Cristal Candy (Sweet Seeds).
11-Junio-2021:

Nacida sobre el 1 de Junio, esta viviendo sus primeros días en una maceta, dentro de un porche, junto a una ventana. Así luce ahora mismo.
Actualmente, tenemos una temperatura máxima a la sombra de 37°C una mínima nocturna de 21°, y muy poca humedad ambiental.

Posteriormente, sera trasplantada al exterior, en un agujero en tierra madre; será a unos 39° Norte, el la ladera Norte (lo que me quita varias horas de Sol directo) de un cerro (800-900 metros de altitud) de la vertiente Norte de Sierra Morena, en el interior de la Península Ibérica.
Muchísimas gracias de nuevo a Sweet Seeds por sus obsequios:

Cristal Candy (Sweet Seeds). June 11, 2021: Born on June 1, she is living her first days in a pot, on a porch, next to a window. This is what it looks like right now. Currently, we have a maximum temperature in the shade of 37 ° C (99°F), a night minimum of 21 °C ( 70°F) and very little environmental humidity. Later, it will be transplanted abroad, in a hole in mother earth; It will be at about 39 ° North, on the North slope (which takes away several hours of direct sun) of a hill (800-900 meters of altitude) on the North slope of Sierra Morena, in the interior of the Iberian Peninsula. A huge thanks again to Sweet Seeds for their gifts:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210611_202347.jpg Views:	0 Size:	135.1 KB ID:	17877065

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210611_202443.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.1 KB ID:	17877066

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210611_202416.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.2 KB ID:	17877067

Hempsmoke

Since the genetic make-up is obviously supposed to stay secret, it seems to be pointlese to guess, because even if we'd guess correctly, they probably wouldn't tell us.:chin:

However, based on my (limited) experience with the CC, I could imagine it's a cross between their Green Poison and Black Domina (S.A.D.). There certainly are some similarities between those strains and the CC, especially in terms of smell and taste.

If you prefer milder chemotypic profiles, you should stay away from the CC. It's not overly stinky in flower but once the flowers are dried, they carry a really strong fruity candy smell.
Hey
I grew 2 crystal candy plants so far and I also think it's a sad S1 cross. The smells I got from one plant were close to those from sad S1 and the other plant reminded me of a snow white (northern lights X c99) plant I once had (growth and smell).

I must admit tho, the cc didn't impress me smell or smokewise. I will grow the remaining 2 seeds but so far it's my least favourite strain from all sweet seeds strains I had.

Montuno

...como el Son...
Cristal Candy (Sweet Seeds).
20-06-2021.

Nacida a primeros de Junio, así está durante el atardecer de hoy:

Born in early June, this is how she is during today's sunset:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210620_211043.jpg Views:	1 Size:	135.5 KB ID:	17882945

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210620_205946.jpg Views:	1 Size:	107.9 KB ID:	17882946

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210620_205934.jpg Views:	1 Size:	136.6 KB ID:	17882947

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210620_211200.jpg Views:	1 Size:	101.9 KB ID:	17882948

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210620_211249.jpg Views:	1 Size:	131.9 KB ID:	17882949