What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Crucial Cup Colosseum aka Twisted Towers

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks dhf... for now, till the corral gets raised the top is off.... gettn some 2x4 chunks or something to lift it up, then the top of the grow can will be put back on...

Last edited:

forkup

I'm with fred, I'm a light greedy mofo to. I can't stand to see light on the floor on a flat setup or past the plants in a vert setup... gotta have that reflectix completely surrounding the plants ftw.

This is a wild setup, do you have any issues with the lower plants wicking the water from plants higher up? This is gonna look good when stretch fills in the voids.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no problems w that yet.... not that i can tell, been watering the top cup tilli t drains to the base pot and watering the base pot as well.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
burn

burn

so

upon watering the cups thru... medium compacted......

and like the leaning tower of pisa w the earth shrinking beneath her.... one o the towers began to tip.... one got rather close to the light and was badly burnt:

picture.php

:wallbash:

i think it will make it tho.....

i secured the towers to the base pot (w zip ties) pulling them upright, hopefully this wont happen again....
making me want to put up that metal barrie rbetween bulb and plant canopy...

the rest are fine compared to this one, altho not entirely untouched.

the reflectis is raised, making a difference for sure...

picture.php

Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya silver, you had the right idea, getn that off the ground makes for a nice intake, better fan beneath the bulb will do it proper also.

at this point, many zip ties at the top & bottom & in some cases one in the middle, in hindsight, one each would have overbuilt it nicely as a fail safe....

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
still too hot w the top on,

also i think i will extend veg a tad to recover from the light burn that happened to a few plants.... altho i reeeeaaaaallly wanted to flip this weekend.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I love this setup. You could be on a first name basis with the 7-11 people or simply known as the "big gulp guy"

D

DHF

Glad raisin the reflectix up helped Avi , but sorry the topper`s holdin too much heat in to make a difference in ambient temps inside the "grow can"......

Am I wrong or didn`t yas cut a hole in the middle to assist in natural heat convection removal with the fan beneath on low ?.......anyways......

My rooms always ran in the low to mid-80`s with dialed results , but the higher RH levels helped keep things hoonin till end of stretch as long as lights off temps were kept within a 10 degree variable......

Sorry bout the tipped/scorched plants , but I was afraid of gravity and compaction from the get and that`s why I posted a light more aerated mix might be better in Jbonz thread........so.....

All things come to pass and shit`ll work itself out in time.....bet on it......Good luck and......

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:.....

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad raisin the reflectix up helped Avi , but sorry the topper`s holdin too much heat in to make a difference in ambient temps inside the "grow can"......

Am I wrong or didn`t yas cut a hole in the middle to assist in natural heat convection removal with the fan beneath on low ?.......anyways......

My rooms always ran in the low to mid-80`s with dialed results , but the higher RH levels helped keep things hoonin till end of stretch as long as lights off temps were kept within a 10 degree variable......

Sorry bout the tipped/scorched plants , but I was afraid of gravity and compaction from the get and that`s why I posted a light more aerated mix might be better in Jbonz thread........so.....

All things come to pass and shit`ll work itself out in time.....bet on it......Good luck and......

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:.....

Thanks DHF,
ya there is a big-ass hole in the top of the can, but still traps too much heat, untilll perhaps i get a better fan, fan i got is on high but so wimpy.....

def more aeration in the coco mix im using than in promix or even promix hp, perhaps coulda aerated the base pot w some extra perlite.... next time, if there is a next time (fingers crossed :) )

great idea you gave me!!
nice grow!
thanks hov, once again the creativity credit goes to J&DBonez.

plants are definitely adjusting to the hps light, stalks bulking up goin from toothpics to sturdy branches, esp. w the training causing them to stiffen up.

flip to 12.12 is coming soon, haven't quite decided, im thinkin mid week sometime.... maybe later...

Dude, this is pretty good. Way to go.

Ever thought about stacking those square pots you have, making a notch for the bottom most pot's plants to stick out of. Probably would be a little more stable and would give you equal size plant from top to bottom.

Just a thought.