What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colloidal silver reversal

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
My buddy has some 120 ppm ionic colloidal silver and wants to use it to reverse a branch or two on a female. I googled it for him. Most sites say 20-60 ppm.
He wants to know how to dilute down to say 60 ppm. Does he just cut with the same amount of water?
I don't think it works that way but I'm not sure.
Would he use distilled water?

Any advice I could pass along will be helpful.
Thanks!

G

GatorGumbo

Distilled water will be fine. Keep in mind you can't easily concentrate it back once it has been diluted, not that it really matters in this case.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
My buddy has some 120 ppm ionic colloidal silver and wants to use it to reverse a branch or two on a female. I googled it for him. Most sites say 20-60 ppm.
He wants to know how to dilute down to say 60 ppm. Does he just cut with the same amount of water?
I don't think it works that way but I'm not sure.
Would he use distilled water?

Any advice I could pass along will be helpful.
Thanks!
If one part is 100% (120pm) add the same amount of distilled water and you have 60ppm. So if the bottle is 60ml adding 60ml H2O = 120ml of 60ppm.

B

beanz

why mess around , when Sts works 1000 times better and its one to two sprays ?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
why mess around , when Sts works 1000 times better and its one to two sprays ?

I tried to talk about that, but he said he already has the colloidal silver.
Next time I get to a printer I will give him some information on the STS.

brickweeder

He can also spray with the 120 ppm, no need to dilute, unless he has a limited amount.

reversing with colloidal silver is way less effective than sts, so he'll have to spray at least 1x per day (2x/day is better) for probably a month.

I suspect that silver is mobile, so I never reverse and harvest bud from the same plant...don't want to turn blue from smoking the mystic weed (I may be wrong on this though).

B

beanz

He can also spray with the 120 ppm, no need to dilute, unless he has a limited amount.

reversing with colloidal silver is way less effective than sts, so he'll have to spray at least 1x per day (2x/day is better) for probably a month.

I suspect that silver is mobile, so I never reverse and harvest bud from the same plant...don't want to turn blue from smoking the mystic weed (I may be wrong on this though).

then even after spraying every day , it still may not work :watchplant:

B

beanz

was trying to be positive, but yeah, this.

yeah me too , first 5 times I used colloidal and wasted my time ...I was being positive :biggrin:.
Sts is easy peezy , just don't spill the shit on anything .... you'll never get it off. just ask my missus washing machine

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Any recommendations for a sts product or where to order the ingredients. We are in prohibitionland. Will it raise any suspicions sending to his house? Should we use a clean mailbox like when we order seeds?

djonkoman

Veteran
if you realy want to be sure, order seperately(different webshops)
but I don't think the chemicals by itself will raise much suspicion.

one is silver nitrate. silver nitrate is also used in arts&crafts, to make mirrors mostly(you can let it precipate to create a nice thin silver layer on something).

sodium thiosulphate is used in developing photographs I think.

burt even if you order them together, and it would be clear you're using it for the plant hormone blocking, there are plenty of legal reasons you could be interested in it. ethylene is a common plant hormone, usually ivolved in ripening, so it wouldn't be too weird to have sts to do somre home experiments on plants for curiosity. and in cucumber it even works the same as in weed, to reverse gender.

MintyMick

I order my STS ingredients online, from that company named after a really long river in Brazil. Try them.

Not sure about popo alerts re: mailbox location.

Latest posts

Latest posts