What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SamS Seeds

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://www.zamnesia.com/blog-coconut-water-organic-cannabis-fertiliser-n1766

What a fantastic tip

Micronutrients, minerals, and vitamins play a large role in healthy marijuana development. Coconut water contains an impressive profile of each of these necessary compounds and other essential elements. Organic cannabis is the preferred product of the discerning consumer. Although synthetic nutrients and additives get great results, the flavour and aroma profile of organic cannabis stands out from the crowd in blind tests. Coconut water is an easy way to add organic features to purely hydroponic cannabis. It is also a beneficial additive to the living soil, no-till organic grow.
Cytokinins are enzymes which signal the root cells to divide and develop more roots (cytokinesis). This is essential for coconut palms as rapid root development means quicker uptake of water and nutrients in uncompromising environments. The tropics are great for getting a tan, but the heat can be taxing on young plants. The sooner water and nutrients are synthesised by the growing plant, the better.

In cannabis, the cytokinins promote similar rapid cell division and root growth. A healthy and large rhizosphere means more nutrients and water are available to the growing plants. Cytokinins also signal cell division and rapid growth of new shoots in the plant above ground, and accelerate growth of lateral shoots. They also stimulate leaf expansion and promote larger leaf stomata. Combining these features means explosive growth in the marijuana plant. Cannabis is a fast-growing annual by nature; adding coconut water to the process means growth is set to overdrive.

Apart from cytokinins, coconut water also has gibberellic acid, which promotes root formation in clones. Watering the medium with coconut water before inserting clones will accelerate root development of cuttings. Once roots form, the intense vitamin and mineral rush from the surrounding medium boosts growth. The same goes for seed germination. Germinate seeds using 15ml/litre of coconut water for rapid root development. If using paper towels, check the seeds more often as lateral shoots can bury into the paper quickly. Pulling the seeds away can cause damage to these fine roots. Put seeds in a grow medium before the primary root gets too long.

In India, which is a major global pepper producer, pepper plant cuttings are dipped in a coconut water solution for propagation. They are then watered in with coconut water for excellent development. The coconut water makes the young plants more heat-tolerant while promoting more generous growth all over.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The coconut is working,,, things are starting to pop again,,, another couple came up,,

but it does seem to me,, samS haze is quite slow to crack,that's not a big deal, but in the past I let slow seeds mould by accident,,, now I'm splashing water every day to try and oxegen ate,, thus stop the mold,, so the seeds can sit for longer,,, if I had the kit I'd use sterile everything including the seeds and tissue culture kits

P

pangolin

Good luck rick and everyone

Suppose the advice is don't lob out your starter trays/cells too soon

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sterilising seeds and sterilising germinating medium is probably my lesson here

I'm literally praying that I find 1 high quality haze clone,,,i need it to arleast make solid buds and have that classic 90s zing

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm so unlucky with seeds I wouldn't be surprised if every single indervidual is just not a true contender for any awards

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm hoping to find something like this,,, bulbous calax but with more stacking like a short distance node type,, but this is the type of calax I'm looking at,,, acid smells or maximum zingy flavour, something I really get a taste for

Can you see what I mean?

Can't edit my posts (yet?) so here is separately a bud from a Liberty Haze plant which is referred to as freak pheno as it had really skinny and stretch almost dr grinspoon - like buds.

View Image

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone remember that type of sativa pheno's that look like they had been sprayed with liquid sugar and it set rock solid so a bud would be sharp at the edges,, glazed, stiff,,, smokes like it's got added terps

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
A5 is one of my ultimate "I want it" clones,,, it's nl5xhaze if I remember,, large selection,, grows with a really funny nute schedule,, nevil used a powdered set of nutes where he holds the levels of nutrition at a fixed amount over the vast flower time of the A5

G `day Rick

Nevil used two Haze males Haze A and Haze C .
To make NL #5 x Hz A and NL #5 x Hz C . NL #5 x Hz C is what was sold to the public . NL #5 x Hz A was kept as cuttings .

A cutting of Nl #5 x Hz C is the mother of SSH and Jack Herer
.A cutting of NL #5 Hz A is the mother of Nevil`s Haze

The nutes are Yarra brand .
MKP and Calcinit .High EC .
They cut the cal mag and nitogen back gradually from about half way through the grow .Grows a lot before flower set . So keep up the nitrogen .Then when it does flower it stacks like a beast . Chop at 100 days .

There are a cpl of threads about C5 and AG13 here . A5 has only become available the last cpl of years .

I think Hawaiian Haze is a Nevil thang .

I have grown crosses of C5 , AG13 and Hash Plant Haze . I have some C5 x Jack going ATM .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There was a really good 19 week pheno of hawian haze floating round Amsterdam when Sam was floating around sprinkling fairy dust on everything and nev grew wings,,, that was the era,,nev did the best haze and smashed the best haze hybrids ive ever seen ,,

but loads of clones had samS and Nevil's finger prints all over them,,, was that 19 week pheno a nev selection??? ,,, i gota say,, the clones he did for the tubs at greenhouse damstraat are gold by today's standard,, it's like haze just got waterd down the day they all jumped ship

I need that old nevil and saml sativa shit,,,

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We could do with getting some of them old nevil clones and lines in this thread,,, i think it's almost certainly part of same 90s rockstar group im hunting for

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haze is such waterd down shit nowadays,,, i hope nevil was able to keep original clones going with friends,, i thought shanti lost pretty much every original parent and had to start again in Switzerland??

Happy Times

G `day Rick

Nevil used two Haze males Haze A and Haze C .
To make NL #5 x Hz A and NL #5 x Hz C . NL #5 x Hz C is what was sold to the public . NL #5 x Hz A was kept as cuttings .

A cutting of Nl #5 x Hz C is the mother of SSH and Jack Herer
.A cutting of NL #5 Hz A is the mother of Nevil`s Haze

The nutes are Yarra brand .
MKP and Calcinit .High EC .
They cut the cal mag and nitogen back gradually from about half way through the grow .Grows a lot before flower set . So keep up the nitrogen .Then when it does flower it stacks like a beast . Chop at 100 days .

There are a cpl of threads about C5 and AG13 here . A5 has only become available the last cpl of years .

I think Hawaiian Haze is a Nevil thang .

I have grown crosses of C5 , AG13 and Hash Plant Haze . I have some C5 x Jack going ATM .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

That C5 x Jack sounds nice

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Which Hawaiian variety was used for the Hawaiian Hz Rick?

Dunno,,, I'd love to know where that clone is,,I've never been able to dig anything up on it,,, if I knew anything about it apart from it was a 19week plant sold at Dutch flowers and 2e karmer,, not to mention soma seems to know people growing it,, (tall guy long black hair, Dutch),, then I would probably be growing it now,,, i might literally go to Somas house one day and ask him to source it for me,,, with a cherry on top please

,, purples and browns,, very dark greens,, fruity,, glazed wgen it was at its best,, dry and burnt when it wasn't,, either way it was still an obvious purchase on a sunny day with your legs hanging off an Amsterdam bridge