What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2018

shithawk420

Veteran
Are we gonna ignore that Cohen catches 2 footballs one handed and does a backflip? Maybe im biased cause he's my size but he's good.hope he doesn't get hurt.

And I can't believe the BBQ Boys are still alive.but damn they make some good food

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
you are probably right about the juicy lucy being a lot of work for what amounts to a fancy stuffed cheese burger
it just sounds like something different and would be fun, maybe i could even doctor the mix so its not just cheese in the middle
/say like a blue cheese mixture or something like that if you wanted to get really fancy
but most of the time im just laying that slice of cheese right on the burger a minute before she comes off the grill
im not sure how much of the mack deal was guaranteed but donald is looking at almost 90m guaranteed money over 6y
thats huge! and while its nothing like qb money its still a nice payday
mack is a game changer for sure and i think you will like having him on your defense; expect him to make a few big plays every game
plus,not only can he blow up a play,he opens up the holes for other guys on a defense
while i see the raiders taking a step back by letting him go its a big plus for chicago
its hard to say any one player is worth that much money, but mack has HOF potential

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Tarik cohen has impressive receiving skills, and is almost as fast as tyreek hill. He is a real small dude compared to most NFL players, but im hopeful the coaches will use him to create mismatches out of the backfield; there might be one or two linebackers who can cover him (kuechly being one) but that's it.

It's not so much the extra work involved in stuffing cheese between 2 burger patties so much as the possible problems that could arise; you have to be more careful cooking it as it's more prone to falling apart and the cheese spurting out and getting burned. Or it could be more work if you make a custom cheese sauce for the filling, since cheeses other than american tend to become very oily as they heat up and the oil can leak out of the burger while cooking or squirt out when you bite into it.

But if done right it could be a nice twist on the classic cheeseburger. Maybe you could be like emeril and kick it up a notch, put some fully cooked bacon inside with the cheese slices, have yourself a bacon juicy lucy.

That's the general idea, that khalil mack will draw double and triple teams, forcing single blockers on hicks and floyd, giving them opportunities to make a play if they can beat their man. It'll be interesting to see what he can do against the packers this sunday night, having had only a week of practices. Hopefully he wont get injured because he's not in game shape yet.

We'll see how this new look raiders team performs against the rams on MNF. Gruden is a coaching upgrade but theyre probably less talented than last year. Even if they get waxed by the rams, that might not mean theyre bad because the rams might be the favorites to represent the nfl in the superbowl.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
im interested in seeing the new look raiders and playing the rams will be a test
one big question is how does their offense look and can the defense match up against the better teams in the league
we will see how both sides stack up against the rams who have a potential top-5 offense and defense
thats a good point about any cheese stuffed inside the burger not staying put
i was thinking of crumbling some blue cheese and green onion in the middle of the meat patty, the addition of bacon would be epic
mack seems like the kind of player who stays in shap year round, but there is no substitute for practicing with the team
so do you ahve plans for the first game of the season baba?
i will probably just post up at home, maybe get a burger on the way home but otherwise nothing too special
cant wait till tomorrow night, im ready for some real football

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Blue cheese and green onions? Is that a good combo? Blue cheese isnt my favorite, kinda skunky to me but i like it on salads well enough, and on burgers if you can get a nice little char on it - cook it under a salamander or broiler with the cheese on top.
I like green onions in asian foods but on burgers? Reminds me of that eddie murphy stand up movie, Raw or delirious, from the 80's, where he tells a story about being a little kid, and other kids have mcdonalds and are loving their food, and his mom makes a homemade burger with green onions and eggs on sandwich bread and it looks terrible.
Not saying your food will be bad, you sound like a really good cook, maybe youre just talking about a few slivers of green onion just to add a little sweetness or something to balance out the cheese?

Ive been making a lot of burgers lately, frying them on the range in a skillet, just s+p and american cheese, really basic. I also have a bunch of leftover pizza that i'll probably heat up tonite, i tend to like pizza during football.

Hopefully it's a good game tonite, not sure how the eagles will do, alshon jeffery is out the first 2 weeks after surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff in Feb. Wentz isnt playing tonite either, may not play till week 3 as well, he's coming back from the acl tear and isnt taking contact yet.
Nick Foles balled out during the superbowl but has looked pretty bad in the preseason, but it's the preseason so may not mean much. Still, I feel like atlanta has the upper hand in this game, their offense and defense might be top 7-8 units in the league. U think philly might lose by double digits?

MrBungle

The deli by me mixes crumbled bleu cheese and cajun spices into burgers....

If I was doing something similar to pop rocks, I might splash a lil bit of worcestershire sauce in there and use sweet or red onion instead of green.. or eff it go all out and saute some onions and mushrooms and mix it in with the bacon and blue cheese....

It's 2018 burger toppings are over rated, just mix it all in!!!

(my football comment) Nick Foles is still in dream land....he did what every kid dreams of doing growing up.... he gets a mulligan in my book... lol

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah i was just tossing in some green onion to add a little sweetness to the mix like you said, but i like the idea of using red onions too
we are having some friends over this weekend so maybe i will break out the "blue lucy"
im all about making burgers on the stove top,brother; i was raised on a simple patty on plain white bread
there are so many ways to make a great burger, as long as you have good meat and a decent bun you cant go wrong
/a friend started making his burgers with potatoe buns
we get some good white onions out here that i like to use for making onion rings with, kind of a mild taste and i cut them super thick
cant go wrong with burgers and pizza, thats football food for sure
i dont think the eagles will loose by double digits
their defense should keep them in the game and unless foles makes some bad plays it should be a good game
i agree that the dirty birds should be a top-10 team this season
if their offense gets hot they can put up points with the best of them and the have a fast defense
man, i havent thought about eddie murphy "delirious" in decades!
that was some of the funniest stuff to ever been recorded!
"anyone in the audience every get hit by a car?"
goonie' goo-goo, gus

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I like a little worchestershire sauce in my burger mix, too. Just a dash for every lb of beef, not too much, a little goes a long way; imo it seems to enhance the beef flavor, your opinion may differ.
Mixing grated cheese into the ground beef? That's a new one for me, but i googled it a bit and see that it can have good results, if a bit messier to cook. I might try this method out next time i make my own burger patties.

What kind of burger patties did you end up making, Pop? I hope they turned out well. Sometimes when i start getting into new recipes it takes me a few tries to get it right...

Some good football action this weekend, and we have two games tonite as well.
Bears looked great at first, and had knocked rodgers out of the game, but he came back after halftime and led the pack to 3 td's in the 4th quarter. And the bears scored a td and a fg on their first 2 drives of the game, but the rest of the game could only muster 2 more fg's (and a defensive td). Trubisky started off hot but was pretty inaccurate the 2nd half, just sailing throws over receiver's heads.
He's young, only the 13th start of his career, so he'll be inconsistent. And it's a new offense, new receivers, first month of the season the defenses are usually ahead of the offenses as far as getting into a groove.
Still, that long stretch of inaccuracy worries me, he had several opportunities to salt this game away if he just got the ball to his playmakers and he couldnt do it. Im not hitting the panic button just yet but ill be watching closely these next few games, see if he can step it up or are we back to square one in trying to find a franchise qb.

On the bright side, you were right Pop, Khalil made a few game changing plays. Obviously, he wont have games like that every week, and giving up 3 tds in the 4th quarter wasnt a good look for the defense, but the dude sure can play.

Anyone have any observations about games they watched yesterday? Bills again looked terrible with Peterman at QB and will probably start allen next week. Apparently that dude looks alright in practice but put him in actual games that count and he's one of the worst qb's to ever take a snap.
Saints tried to load up on defense this offseason yet gave up 48 pts to ryan fitzpatrick and the bucs. Garoppolo finally lost a start and didnt look great against the vikings defense, throwing 3 ints (one returned for a td). Redskins looked pretty good on offense with alex smith and adrian peterson. Mahomes and the chiefs tore up the chargers, who were supposed to have a loaded defense but they were missing joey bosa with a foot boo-boo and tyreek hill just smashed them.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh man, what a weekend of games!

-kalil mack played like he was the best defensive player in the league (at least for 15 min), this weekend but a.rogers played like he is one of the best of all time
that was some pretty goat shit he pulled
you have to be happy with the way your D played baba' and i think its only going to get better from here (it will be fun watch him and trevathan develop together)
trubinsky wasnt half bad and i could see them adding a piece or two in the future to make the move to the next level
-mahomes had a great start as a rookie and showed he could put up points and t.hill was on another level
the charger defense looked ok, their first round pick, derwin james looked great in the secondary but the offense let them down; chargers recievers and special teams pretty much gave up the game
oh yea, #f'spanos
-is garappalow and the niners out of sync or is the minni' defense really that good?
-the bucs played really well with out winston under center
can ryan fitzMAGIC work his spell again this weekend against the eagles?
-browns/steelers end in a tie (cleveland is already starting off better than last season)
also, after watching the young back put up good numbers for pit, do you think le'veon bell is more motivated to deal?

waiting on the rams game to begin, doesnt start till like 7p here in the west coast
so i will be pregaming (vodka and mango juice, thinking about making raviolis for diner) then its back to the tv
we ended up making regular grilled burgers this weekend baba'; a piece of cheese and some simple condiments to go along
its still kind of early to tell who is hot and who is not but it was great having some real football

im interested in hearing some takes from the rest of the guys too, baba'
what games did you guys get to watch?
how do you think your teams first game went?

iTarzan

27-23 with 1:59 left in the game. Colts get the kick off at the 25. Luck drives them down the field. Now it is 3rd and 15 with 30 seconds left at the 30 yard line of the Bengals. A completion to Doyle for 15 yards at the 15 yard line for a 1st down and goal to go. FUMBLE!!! Returned for 83 yard TD. Colts lose. It is a real shame. I feel bad for Luck. You perform well, comeback after almost 2 years and a stupid teammate messes it up by fumbling. It was all coming to storybook ending for Colt fans and Luck. Poof it was gone.

That is a very good defense that Luck moved the ball at will against for most of the game. The Colts are going to be a tough out for anybody this year. Especially when the get their LT and RB back from injury in a week or two.

I feel bad for the Browns too. They played hard, had the Steelers on the ropes, were on the verge of victory and the FG gets blocked. I watched most of the game and the Browns will win some games this year.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the browns have a decent core on defense and a lot of potential; lets see them start to develop some of their young talent and win some games
i think the qb picture is looking a lot better
/taylor put up decent numbers so maybe it gves mayfield some time to marinate

i didnt get to watch the colts game but it looks like luck took a couple hits
at this point in the season, just knowing his shoulder can take a hit is a good sign

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
The bills are basically unwatchable if they keep starting Peterman at QB, Lester. But they play the chargers and vikings the next 2 weeks so they may want to protect josh allen by having peterman play those games. But yeah, their only hope this year is starting allen and enduring his growing pains. Maybe he'll have some good moments?

Vodka and mango juice, what is that called, a mango screwy? If vodka and oj is called a screwdriver...
How was the ravioli? Some of the frozen or refrigerated brands taste pretty good. I've often thought of trying to make my own pasta but im not that ambitious.

Raiders hung tough with the rams till fading late. That one raiders fan on here, he said their defense would be pretty good without mack, and for the most part he was right. They gave up a td (at the end of the 3rd quarter), 2 fg's, and a defensive td in the 4th, but until then they more than held their own. Carr throwing 3 int's didnt help the defense any.

I didnt watch any of the browns game but the steelers and big ben basically gave the win away; ben had 5 TO's, james conner played well but had a crucial fumble in the 4th. Browns defense looks pretty legit, their 1st round pick, denzel ward, had 2 int's and myles garrett looked like peak JJ Watt. Tyrod taylor only completed 15 out of 40 pass attempts but had a passing and a rushing td. I could see the browns winning 8 games this year, but i'd really like to see what baker can do. If he's the real deal, we're talking double digit wins (maybe not this year but next year), playoff appearances, etc.

James conner is a talented RB but the steelers O-line is very good, their receivers are excellent and ben of course is a good QB, so you could say any decent RB could put up some good stats in that offense. If anything leveon is looking at that game and seeing conner have 36 touches (31 rushes, 5 receptions) and think, this dude is on pace for 575 touches this season, not counting playoffs, that's a lot of hits he's going to absorb this year. I think there's some stats on if an RB has more than 370 touches in a season, their career usually falls off steeply after that. Demarco murray had 450 touches (390 carries, 57 receptions) for the cowboys in 2014, he's out of the league now (although he had one more good season in 2016).
So if anything leveon is thanking his stars he's not taking the pounding this year. But maybe, if he does come back, if he and conner share the load, they both end up with less than 250 or so touches, they both save wear and tear on their bodies this season, everyone's happy?

That's a good recap of a crucial sequence of the game, Tarzan. I didnt watch any of the colts game but i drafted luck as my backup QB on my fantasy team and was pleased to see he had a good game stats wise. Although early on he threw an INT and was actually in negative pts for a bit.
A bengals player got thrown out for hitting luck around the head on a scramble, but other than that luck got the ball out quick, only took 2 sacks (and 7 qb hits total) on 52 pass attempts. And youre right, he staked his team to a lead against a pretty good defense, so luck seems to be all the way back.

After watching the lions and stafford get wrecked by the jets, i dont feel so bad about trubisky. If stafford, a 10 year veteran and one of the highest paid qb's in the league, can look like doo doo in week 1, then i'll give trubisky a pass for missing some open receivers in week 1 also.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
its called a "mango screwy" now, baba! brilliant name brother
i ended up not making the raviollis and instead just ran with turkey tacos
they are fun and easy to amke, plus i take the left over lettuce and taco meat and make taco salads for work lunches, add some tortilla chips and you are all set
im making the rav tomorrow night for dinner and we might get some fast food or take out on thursday
the raiders looked ok against a first class team, but you have to wonder if carr is really the future of the franchise
if he has another off year i wonder what their next move will be
i think the browns were the big winners this weekend
/cant wait to hear from mrB on what he thought about the game, 0-0-1 is a great way to start a season against one of the better teams in the league
thats a good read on the pittsburg situation, how you can only get so many touches out of any running backin a season before you start to wear him down
but with the amount of money bell is holding out for i bet the front office would expect him to play just about every down

it feels so good to have football back fellows!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
-called it baba', bills decide to pull peterman and start the rookie j.allen against LACoCs this sunday
bosa is still week to week, but the chargers defense will be a challenge for the young qb
oh yeah, #f'spanos

-raiders decide to resign martavis bryant after cutting him just the other week...
im not sure if he is still facing suspension by the league but whats going on in raider nation
are they that thin at WR (answer: yes)

iTarzan

Cowboys looking like shit I wonder how long Prescott will last

I remember how they were claiming he was going to be a superstar. Just like they did with RG III, Kaepernick, Mariota, Flacco and others. They get overhyped too soon.

If Stafford was on the Cowboys with that OL they would be super bowl contenders.

MrBungle

Sorry I didn't have a good take on the Browns... I felt like we didn't see the best version of Tyrod, he held the ball too long, and when it mattered most he stalled out.... Peppers also really screwed us over when he waved off a kick return when the defenders were 30+ yards away.... all in all while it wasn't a loss, it was still typical Browns BS.....

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah rolandomota',
i wonder how patient old double J will be developing prescott
this could be a make or break year for dak, even if the team dosent do well he need to produce

we willll take that take about the QB and specail teams not playing to their potential, mrB
maybe we havent seen the best t'rod has to offer, but i felt like the browns playing pitt to a tie was a big game for them

Latest posts

Latest posts