What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My dogs. Which ones are yours? [Share your Photos]

Polletero

picture.php

R

.research

That's funny. When mine was a pup he wondered away once and came back carrying shed antlers lol.

Is there a market for that or do you use them for some kind of project?

No real plan for them. She's got a great nose and I was in a store and saw some anter scent for training and decided it would be a fun game for her.

Betterhaff

Veteran
Here’s my Aussie. She was the sweetest dog and although looks ferocious in the pic she was actually barking. She’s no longer with us but sure was a good one.

Attachments

• Bark.jpg
    Bark.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 35

kaochiu

Veteran
Another mastin. Name's Canelo, (cinammon) and he's a criminal. His speciality is welcoming new visitors. There goes all 75kg of him running happily towards his chosen victim, knocks him or her down and then run away like a puppy, cos he knows i'll tell him "bad boy, bad boy". He's got a short fuse too and when he fights his bro, pure violence. Minutes later they're licking the bites of each other.

Attachments

• DSCN1385.jpg
    DSCN1385.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 32

TheMan13

Veteran
Cat selfie with his boys ;-)~

attachment.php

I just love that pic.

Attachments

• cat selfie.jpg
    cat selfie.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 41

jimdc

i remember the day she got the scar above her nose. she was about 150 yards away in the vineyard and i heard her yelp. i ran down down and she was bleeding from that spot. i thought it was a rattler. i look down and theres this gopher sitting on its hind legs with its dukes up. lucy won the war. RIP

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I have been a dog trainer for over 10 years and dogs and their owners never cease to amaze me. LOL

My last dog did some modeling for American Greetings. This first shot was on a Thanksgiving card a few years back. The second was a Halloween card.

attachment.php

attachment.php

M

moose eater

That's funny. When mine was a pup he wondered away once and came back carrying shed antlers lol.

Is there a market for that or do you use them for some kind of project?

If you check the Fairbanks Alaska and other regional Alaska craigslist ads, there are buyers currently paying from $10 to $12 per lb. for moose and caribou shed antlers now.

Some decent money in it, if you know where to look.

Green Squall

If you check the Fairbanks Alaska and other regional Alaska craigslist ads, there are buyers currently paying from $10 to $12 per lb. for moose and caribou shed antlers now.

Some decent money in it, if you know where to look.

The deer population is out of control here in MA. They are overgrazing and decimating all of the undergrowth in the forest. A family member works at a protected wildlife sanctuary and even they realize the damage that is being done! They are having a rare, controlled bow hunt and all of the animal activists are going nuts.

I've heard of people training their dogs to find antlers by scent. That would be a cool hobby. I think when mine found one, it was just shit luck lol. The look on his face was priceless, he was so proud :biglaugh:

M

moose eater

The deer population is out of control here in MA. They are overgrazing and decimating all of the undergrowth in the forest. A family member works at a protected wildlife sanctuary and even they realize the damage that is being done! They are having a rare, controlled bow hunt and all of the animal activists are going nuts.

I've heard of people training their dogs to find antlers by scent. That would be a cool hobby. I think when mine found one, it was just shit luck lol. The look on his face was priceless, he was so proud :biglaugh:

Your pups may be trying to help you buy his/her next bag of chow!! :biggrin:

White tail antlers would be a lot smaller and lighter in weight, and less rare on the craft and trinkets markets, thus less $$, but they make nice buttons when cut cross-section (I've seen many buttons made from caribou antlers over the years, and they're nice).

Cribbage boards are another item to be made from them, either to keep or market.

I frown on pipes being made from them, due to the softer nature of the calcium and/or protein base, and smoking such things, but many a person up here is uber-proud of their horn pipes..

I have stag scales on the handles of 2 of my spring knives; functional, giving a good grip, and stylish, changing in appearance as they age.. Knife makers will buy horn for such applications. Traded a moose shed antler to a custom knife maker for some work on a broken stiletto, and he threw in an 11" stag horn scale swing-guard knife from Italy both as a thank you, and (I suspect) due to not perfectly aligning the blade on the stag-handled 11" stiletto I'd sent to him for repairs.

Sorry for the hijack.

jimdc

new pics of my girl sarah. she looks wise beyond her 10 weeks or she got a contact high. she was born on sept. 11.

Last edited: