What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

smoking CBN and CBC, Incredible discovery

For myself, CBC and CBN high has been an incredible discovery... perhaps i have found nothing new. I want to pass on my experiences so that these products can be developed for the medicinal market to encourage research into CBC and CBN.

What's the deal? I don't smoke alot of THC these days, only for artistic inspiration and for doing extreme sports as it adds an element of exhilaration. THC shortens my memory too much, it excites my thinking too fast, if i drive on it then i get impatient and preoccupied, it's even a liability.

So, I have a kilo of fully flowered Alyssa/CRX1/Finola, some kind of weird agricultural weed i got from a field as a tobacco alternative.

It's full of CBN and CBC or something. It's weird. I completely love it.

Perhaps it is CBD? i don't know. It certanly smokes differently from Indica weed.

So i roll pure blunts of agricultural hemp flower these days. They have trichomes, powdery ones that aren't sticky. It hits the back of your throat though, it tastes very herbal... and pure blunts even get me very high indeed!!!

It's a weird high- no memory/distraction effects, no nervousness effects whatsoever, in fact massively increased presence of mind and confidence, and yet stimulant physically.

Skunk contains the same stuff in higher amounts, so if you smoke skunk you wont feel agricultural hemp strongly. You also won't know what CBC and CBN is like on it's own because its effects are always combined and overwhelmbed by THC and you will be heavily habituated.

Smoke Report for CBN and CBC, after about 200 blunts of it:

Hold back a big breath of it, straight away it opens the circulation of my lungs, if feel my lungs expanded and filled of it like warm steam and absorbing something blocky.

After 3-4 minutes my eyes cloud over a tiny bit, similar to a reefer.

My heart rate increases. i feel a massive surge of energy. more than is avaible from having a coffee or a red bull, i can compare it vaguely to cocaine stimulation.

I look out of the window... the bland window has become very bright, the colors shine brightly with a heavy contrast of brightness and color and form. I am amazed... in a state of wonder.

I want to write some stuff down, i am super excited, my concentration is very good, i can actually write stuff, some spaced out amazed thoughts about the universe and about time and space and humanity in the middle of it.

If i go out on a walk on it through a busy city, my thoughts are fired up and ice cool, no nervousness of any kind, my head has literally become a turret casually scanning from side to side with no distraction whatsoever and massive observational energy. I am stoked.

Mood stabilizing, anti-depressant... a boring winters day suddenly becomes all fired up rushing day of warm energy and calm and contentment.

The high slowly tapers off after the first hour, and the kick in the ass i can get from it lasts all day, it boots me up at the start of the day in the most amazing way, it's a bit like starting the day with a bungee jump, the advantages of having a spliff in the morning, except the rest of the day is mentally clear and full of energy. the rest of the day is different.

Total mental clarity and high concentration on tasks.

The only drawback is that it makes me want to sleep more the next day, I want a 2 hour siesta and i am a bit hazier 1 2 days after because of having put alot of energy into a single day.

Blunts of agricultural hemp first thing in the morning. Clear thoughts, exciting, tasty, interesting. For me it's a new frontier and a herbal love story. A single leaf of salvia divinorm with a small hemp blunt is fun as well!!!

Hope that others get hold of some field hemp flowers of the same kind, and smoke it after having not smoked THC in a while. It's the same as cannabis sativa without any mental effects, all the physical effects, the hear racing, some excitment, with a crystal clear sober mind.

It's very interesting and I hope it becomes a commercial product one day and that many people can benefit from it's uplifing, energising and brain activating effects. It can provide governments of legalizing cannabis without having skunk, just natral marley herbs, and real research into doses of the other components of ganja, i.e. CBC CBN and all the other cool chemicals that are overshadowed by the immediacy and massive prevalence of THC.

Highly fascinating herb!

oldchuck

Veteran
You're not smoking CBN, which is a breakdown product of THC. I doubt you are smoking CBC. I have yet to run across a variety that produces it in any quantity. I would guess you are getting some sort of CBD/THC combination. I know Finola and have made crosses myself but don't know the particular cross you mentioned. Can you say a little more about what it is and where it came from?

I wood

What you describe is what I'm looking for, landrace sativas are wher I've focused my searching.
Glad you found something that works for you.

Gizmo

hello hedgeraider, its a very surprising and weird smoke report you brought here, how do you know the effect you described come from CBC or CBN ? it could be from CBD too, have you a cannabinoid profil of this hemp strain ?
i tried to smoke french hemp 15 years ago and never had the effects you described, are you sure it wasn't DMT you smoked ? just kidding :biggrin: but i read you mix your hemp with salvia divinorum and that you smoke meth too ?

yes indeed, i don't know if it's cbn and cbc that is giving the effects. I ought to send it to a lab so that i can find out for definite. I haven't smoked meth often lately, i have 1-2 days with a little bit of agricultural hemp, i go slowly with it because i get resistant to it after 4 days. I dont smoke much salvia divinorum, people have stories about getting concentrated salvia and losing conciousness in hallucinations, i just have a bush of it and i smoke the mild version, it's a very gentle herb... I just have 1-2 leaves of it and i suddenly feel like my limbs are 2 foot long and the house is giant, it's hilarious i laugh my head off, i keep it prior the stage where you start to be a bit dizzy and lose balance, it totaly changes mindset too. i have one of those once a month. It's a weird plant, it seems like it would knock neurons out of my brain by the sheer force of it's high, it's kindof like ketamin you get wildly (which i had once/twice) spaced out and then there is a kind of thud of in your head where it can't think of anything interesting for 1-2 hours afterwards. salvia makes me feel profoundly DUH when when the dizziness evaporates and i get back to full conciosness.

Sorry for changing the subject haha. salvia. what an weird one. there are 100ds of mind altering drugs in the world and we only know a dozen in the herb shops, i think i want more varieties.

The french hemp was from a clay field in full hot sun at 45 lattitude, i picked it in early october when it was very finished, the seeds were fat and the plants were brown.

Straight away when i smoked it i was totally amazed what a cool variety of smoke it was, I went back to get a kilo as a tobacco supplement, and then i had some totally amazing experiences on it...

it's just rolled pure and one time i put in a tiny bit of meth with it before going out, and i noticed my concentration on the road was significantly reduced compared to the dozens of times i went out with the hemp only.

I could literally measure my heartbeat changing after a blunt of it and my blood pressure changing, it is very similar to a weed joint, but very calm and composed. perhaps i can send a sample analyzed by someone in holland, nice idea thanks.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I found the strain listed on autoflower. net:tiphat:

https://www. autoflower.net/forums/threads/avidekel-cbd-16-with-0-thc.13739/

.... remove the blank spaces for link

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Your experience sounds similar to a CBD type 'high'. Concentration up; colors & visual definition enhanced; slight surge of energy; enhanced overall sense of well-being. Those are the effects I get from smoking flowers that are high in CBD & low in THC, but I've never had agricultural hemp. Average quality CA outdoor 'Valentine X' strain at 6:1 CBD to THC took me a half gram to a gram of a joint to feel the effects listed. Same strain grown well indoors took only a few puffs.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hemp is the new OG Kush. Whatever works is what I say. I go for landrace gentics myself.

Gizmo

yes but dont plant your hemp too close to my og kush, i like it high in THC and without CBD :biggrin:

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you thought about getting your bud tested? I've thought about it, but I haven't actually done it.

I saved some high THC trim from an AK99 harvest about 10 years ago. I forgot about it and accidently left it in a closet for 7 years. When I found it again, I extracted the oil and made a few batches of tincture. It's interesting. My gf at the time said it made her feel like a peach. It makes you feel fuzzy all over like a peach. It has a heavy body feeling. It feels like I'm under a soft blanket when I'm just naked in bed.

I'd think it's mostly CBN from what I've read. It's fun when mixed with a high THC tincture.

SmokeGanj

; said:
yes indeed, i don't know if it's cbn and cbc that is giving the effects. I ought to send it to a lab so that i can find out for definite. I haven't smoked meth often lately, i have 1-2 days with a little bit of agricultural hemp, i go slowly with it because i get resistant to it after 4 days. I dont smoke much salvia divinorum, people have stories about getting concentrated salvia and losing conciousness in hallucinations, i just have a bush of it and i smoke the mild version, it's a very gentle herb...goes really well in a bong. You can pick up a good pipe from this bong shop www.herbtools.com/au/ I just have 1-2 leaves of it and i suddenly feel like my limbs are 2 foot long and the house is giant, it's hilarious i laugh my head off, i keep it prior the stage where you start to be a bit dizzy and lose balance, it totaly changes mindset too. i have one of those once a month. It's a weird plant, it seems like it would knock neurons out of my brain by the sheer force of it's high, it's kind of like ketamin you get wildly (which i had once/twice) spaced out and then there is a kind of thud of in your head where it can't think of anything interesting for 1-2 hours afterwards. salvia makes me feel profoundly DUH when when the dizziness evaporates and i get back to full conciosness. Sorry for changing the subject haha. salvia. what an weird one. there are 100ds of mind altering drugs in the world and we only know a dozen in the herb shops, i think i want more varieties. The french hemp was from a clay field in full hot sun at 45 lattitude, i picked it in early october when it was very finished, the seeds were fat and the plants were brown.

I've never tried salvia, I don't hear about it that often anymore after the big craze kinda cooled down.

For myself, CBC and CBN high has been an incredible discovery... perhaps i have found nothing new. I want to pass on my experiences so that these products can be developed for the medicinal market to encourage research into CBC and CBN.

What's the deal? I don't smoke alot of THC these days, only for artistic inspiration and for doing extreme sports as it adds an element of exhilaration. THC shortens my memory too much, it excites my thinking too fast, if i drive on it then i get impatient and preoccupied, it's even a liability.

So, I have a kilo of fully flowered Alyssa/CRX1/Finola, some kind of weird agricultural weed i got from a field as a tobacco alternative.

It's full of CBN and CBC or something. It's weird. I completely love it.

Perhaps it is CBD? i don't know. It certanly smokes differently from Indica weed.

So i roll pure blunts of agricultural hemp flower these days. They have trichomes, powdery ones that aren't sticky. It hits the back of your throat though, it tastes very herbal... and pure blunts even get me very high indeed!!!

It's a weird high- no memory/distraction effects, no nervousness effects whatsoever, in fact massively increased presence of mind and confidence, and yet stimulant physically.

Skunk contains the same stuff in higher amounts, so if you smoke skunk you wont feel agricultural hemp strongly. You also won't know what CBC and CBN is like on it's own because its effects are always combined and overwhelmbed by THC and you will be heavily habituated.

Smoke Report for CBN and CBC, after about 200 blunts of it:

Hold back a big breath of it, straight away it opens the circulation of my lungs, if feel my lungs expanded and filled of it like warm steam and absorbing something blocky.

After 3-4 minutes my eyes cloud over a tiny bit, similar to a reefer.

My heart rate increases. i feel a massive surge of energy. more than is avaible from having a coffee or a red bull, i can compare it vaguely to cocaine stimulation.

I look out of the window... the bland window has become very bright, the colors shine brightly with a heavy contrast of brightness and color and form. I am amazed... in a state of wonder.

I want to write some stuff down, i am super excited, my concentration is very good, i can actually write stuff, some spaced out amazed thoughts about the universe and about time and space and humanity in the middle of it.

If i go out on a walk on it through a busy city, my thoughts are fired up and ice cool, no nervousness of any kind, my head has literally become a turret casually scanning from side to side with no distraction whatsoever and massive observational energy. I am stoked.

Mood stabilizing, anti-depressant... a boring winters day suddenly becomes all fired up rushing day of warm energy and calm and contentment.

The high slowly tapers off after the first hour, and the kick in the ass i can get from it lasts all day, it boots me up at the start of the day in the most amazing way, it's a bit like starting the day with a bungee jump, the advantages of having a spliff in the morning, except the rest of the day is mentally clear and full of energy. the rest of the day is different.

Total mental clarity and high concentration on tasks.

The only drawback is that it makes me want to sleep more the next day, I want a 2 hour siesta and i am a bit hazier 1 2 days after because of having put alot of energy into a single day.

Blunts of agricultural hemp first thing in the morning. Clear thoughts, exciting, tasty, interesting. For me it's a new frontier and a herbal love story. A single leaf of salvia divinorm with a small hemp blunt is fun as well!!!

Hope that others get hold of some field hemp flowers of the same kind, and smoke it after having not smoked THC in a while. It's the same as cannabis sativa without any mental effects, all the physical effects, the hear racing, some excitment, with a crystal clear sober mind.

It's very interesting and I hope it becomes a commercial product one day and that many people can benefit from it's uplifing, energising and brain activating effects. It can provide governments of legalizing cannabis without having skunk, just natral marley herbs, and real research into doses of the other components of ganja, i.e. CBC CBN and all the other cool chemicals that are overshadowed by the immediacy and massive prevalence of THC.

Highly fascinating herb!
yes man,finaly i see someone who confirms what i felt after eating some grams of landrace hemp (cannabis sativa)ma'fokin was magical,no paranoia ,no tirednes ,just feeling good!!!
Need to go this week in that place collect some seeds and do a winter grow,shit i miss that high.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hedgeraider, Hombre,
All of this is very interesting and it adds fuel to the fire of the widespread thinking that focusing only on improvement in THC content by most over decades of breeding has brought with it the loss of "older" cannabinoid make ups (and terpenes for that matter).
I love to smoke all day and while I love getting high, THC heavy cannabis comes with a toll when you smoke all day, that's sometims just too much.
This is why I am growing a NYCD plant crossed with a high CBD variety, but taking this even one step further to "real" industrial hemp, is somewhat mind blowing.
Where do you get the genetics for that in non-hemp growing countries ?

All the best,

CC

angelgoob

I specifically am interested in the CBN effects.

I took a tincture with old bud. Musta had broken down THC to CBN. Now I slept for 8 hrs right? Woke up took the tincture. Then slept for 4 more hours.

So if you want to sleep, get a high CBN tincture. Plus with 25% the psychoactivity of THC it does something, but different and with CBD and CBN it lessens paranoia.

This is also why I got hash plant. Low THC higher than most CBN and CBD levels. Like you said, it maybe focuses on other things besides THC giving you a different high.

Hedgeraider, Hombre,
All of this is very interesting and it adds fuel to the fire of the widespread thinking that focusing only on improvement in THC content by most over decades of breeding has brought with it the loss of "older" cannabinoid make ups (and terpenes for that matter).
I love to smoke all day and while I love getting high, THC heavy cannabis comes with a toll when you smoke all day, that's sometims just too much.
This is why I am growing a NYCD plant crossed with a high CBD variety, but taking this even one step further to "real" industrial hemp, is somewhat mind blowing.
Where do you get the genetics for that in non-hemp growing countries ?

All the best,

CC

Thank you!!!for posting.

earthwyrms

i read OG has CBN and THC but little or no CBD.

it is weird because, little to no CBD or CBN in lanrace sativas gives no burnout, even though THC is said to metabolize to CBN.

but the initial CBN in the hit of an OG would cause couchlock tiredness.

odd

also, i've been gathering that himilayan charas strains, have little to no CBN but are CBD rich, and these can be euphoric i gather, but not paranoia like, like a thai type is reported to be like, before it mellows out to an effect that ACE green haze is like to start at, according to someone on the "zamaldelica, the search for trip weed" thread.

CBD is also a 5HT1a receptor, partial agonist

i noticed that if i take alot of CBD tincture, maybe 25 or 35 to 50 mg orally, i don't remember, with about a pot of coffee, (and i don't remember if it was in between or after the coffee, which was brewed with "bold" setting using single serve side of dual type coffee machine, using a full scoop of coffee divided into cups as i made them) i got some unease, watching TV, like when i smoke a pure sativa

(i mean it shouldn't have had any CBD, CBN, i dont remember which strain type specifically)

and watch TV. the kind of unease was existential or something, where i would find subject matter unsettling, drama and problems and it would have me feeling like i need to breathe in deep breaths, and stop watching TV, which i did (i assume it was as much set and setting, as internal, well i don't know, it wasn't a revelating teaching of the cosmos and .

(also i had given myself acute and chronic mercury poisoning the prior year or so, which is reportedly a tricyclic re-uptake inhibiter and even though i dealt with the situation, i read it stays in the brain for 27 years. i thought i had increased response to coffee, but now i'm not sure anymore. increased with more pronounced negative effects. if i drink alot it wears off with a funny feeling and lethargy and head pressure, but sometimes, even a teabag, gives me a bit of feel good energy and than a tired feeling and headache. i don't know how my myelin sheathing is doing, so i figured i could use some anti-inflammatory type stuff like pot

i could always work with a sativa in me, as long as i was busy, i felt happy. when i was out of work, like setting up, repotting plants and stuff, i felt bad. watching a show was unbearable and i took a shower and kind of curled up in bed after watching some star trek.

about CBD, from wiki to look at sources about receptors, is "Pharmacodynamics

Cannabidiol has very low affinity for the cannabinoid CB1 and CB2 receptors but acts as an indirect antagonist of these receptors.[28][29] It may potentiate THC's effects by increasing CB1 receptor density or through another CB1 receptor-related mechanism.[30] Cannabidiol may also extend the duration of the effects of THC via inhibition of the cytochrome P450, CYP3A and CYP2C enzymes.[31][unreliable source?]
Cannabidiol has been found to act as an antagonist of GPR55, a G protein-coupled receptor and putative cannabinoid receptor that is expressed in the caudate nucleus and putamen in the brain.[32] It has also been shown to act as a 5-HT1A receptor partial agonist,[33] and this action may be involved in the antidepressant,[34][35] anxiolytic,[35][36] and neuroprotective[37][38] effects of cannabidiol. It is an allosteric modulator of the μ- and δ-opioid receptors as well.[39] Cannabidiol's pharmacological effects have additionally been attributed to PPARγ agonism and intracellular calcium release.[6]
Research suggests that CBD may exert some of its pharmacological action through its inhibition of fatty acid amide hydrolase (FAAH), which may in turn increase the levels of endocannabinoids, such as anandamide, produced by the body.[6] It has also been speculated that some of the metabolites of CBD have pharmacological effects that contribute to the biological activity of CBD.[40]
Recently, cannabidiol has been identified as a novel inverse agonist of the GPR12.[41]
"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabidiol

the intracellular calcium release part, is giving me the thought of it being related to glial cells. albert einstein had alot of glial cells, reportedly. glial cells don't send electrical signals like neurons, supposedly. they control the amount of calcium released on the brain, supposedly.

if the cbd oil was CBD in glycerin, not medium chain tryglycerides, i might try vaping it. i don't really like nicotine as much as i try to use it. i might try anyway

5HT1a is a serotonin (5HT, 5 hydroxy tryptomine) receptor. if you look at it like a puzzle, you just know you don't know but some stuff makes some sense, and you get more parts put together eventually. wikipedia is good. for example, psychedelics go to the 5HT2a receptor and MGlu2 receptors, is what i've gathered. the 1a receptor is encoded on a different chromosome (the 5th?) the 2a is on the 13th

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-HT1A_receptor

"5-HT1A receptor agonists like buspirone[18] and flesinoxan[19] show efficacy in relieving anxiety[20] and depression,[21] and buspirone and tandospirone are currently approved for these indications in various parts of the world. Others such as gepirone,[22] flesinoxan,[19] flibanserin,[23] and naluzotan[24] have also been investigated, though none have been fully developed and approved yet. Some of the atypical antipsychotics like aripiprazole[25] are also partial agonists at the 5-HT1A receptor and are sometimes used in low doses as augmentations to standard antidepressants like the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs).[26]"

"5-HT1A autoreceptor desensitization and increased 5-HT1A receptor postsynaptic activation via general increases in serotonin levels by serotonin precursor supplementation, serotonin reuptake inhibition, or monoamine oxidase inhibition has been shown to be a major mediator in the therapeutic benefits of most mainstream antidepressant supplements and pharmaceuticals, including serotonin precursors like L-tryptophan and 5-HTP, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs), tetracyclic antidepressants (TeCAs), and monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs).[27] 5-HT1A receptor activation likely plays a significant role in the positive effects of serotonin releasing agents (SRAs) like MDMA ("Ecstasy") as well.[28][29]"

Last edited: