What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vintage Colombian

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nobsa sample conclusion.

Nobsa sample conclusion.

I really had a great time in Boyacá and my experience with an old time grower was unique. Now I’ve had some time with this rare sample and had time to compare it to my current batch of Crippy, I can give a better view of its effects. When I met the grower in Nobsa I had no idea this guy had anything at all to do with cannabis, he was just one of a few gentlemen I was introduced to with the wife on our visit. After the introduction the wife went in the house and I stayed outside with the men to have a cig.
The usual gringo questions were asked like where I’m from, how do I like Colombia and so on. Then the conversation turned to “Aguardiente” and a bottle appeared. I think Colombians are very proud of their local made aguardiente and these guys wanted me to have a taste. Even though I don’t drink recreationally anymore I never refuse an offer for food or drink (considered rude here). So we had a shot and of course I had to make a big fuss about how good it was. Soon myself and Carlos (the unknown at the time cultivator) started talking about his daughter going to live in Washington DC a few years earlier. I was feeling pretty good from the 3 or 4 shots of aguardiente and mentioned to him that 4 states and DC legalized. He said he had heard about that then he started telling me about him growing and selling (for export) cannabis in the early 70s. I was very interested and tempted to pull out my one hitter with the Crippy but then he said he never smoked it. I had a good buzz (normality I never admit to consumption) and I told him I enjoyed smoking and the Colombian I had in the 70s was the best yet. With that he grabbed the bottle and invited me to follow him, we walked around the back of the old farm house into a strange backyard pasture area and had another shot. We talked some more and then he opened the lid on a big clay pot sitting in the corner of the porch. He pulled out a nice handful of golden buds and handed it to me. I was blown away, totally not expecting that, I quickly stuffed the bud into my jacket pocket. Now I really wanted to smoke but the situation just wasn’t right, so we continued talking. Suddenly my wife and a few of her aunts came around the house saying their ready to head back to the hotel for dinner. A quick goodbye from Carlos (actually a friend of the wife’s uncle) and the rest of the family and we are off. Later after dinner I finally have time to look at my “gift”, sitting on the toilet in the hotel bathroom I empty my jacket pocket on to some newspaper and I can’t believe my eyes. I really thought all that time it was in my pocket that would be some seedy garbage. But to my delight no seeds and “fuzzy” golden red buds with a subtle but potent smell. I took two big hits before my kids can crashing through the bathroom door. I was fried, even with the kids and wife’s craziness I had the best evening. Now I’ve been puffing this sample for two weeks and I must say this is what I want to reproduce (along with some others). I have no idea how it grows but the effect is what I’m after. Even after nonstop smoking morning to night (I’ve been on a two month “break” from work) I have very little tolerance to it. I can smoke it all day (one or two hits at a time) and still smoke enough at night to put me out. The effect is clean with no headache or negative effects even with repeated large dosage. It gives the munchies but not overwhelmingly and sex is incredible on it. However I have to say that like any weed all day smoking makes me a little sleepy (not tired) but all in all I’m quite happy with this. I smoked some Crippy last Sunday (just for something different) and got every high from it but the finish was dirty and made me feel like shit after the nice buzz. But some Crippy here is like that, a really nice 45 minutes then confusion and exhaustion.

Betterhaff

Veteran
Great story. It’s always nice to get seedless bud but sometimes you wish it had a few seeds, lol. You may have to visit Carlos again. Happy Holidays.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Love hearing your experiences. What a great story. If it were me, I'd be pestering that poor guy with all kinds of questions, I'd share stories he would probably not care about, etc., etc.. :)

Speaking of which... I have been extremely fortunate lately to acquire some very interesting seeds. I'm growing some mostly Thai genetics right now. It has been flowering for more than 6 months, and is almost done. I have a Jamaican Ganja plant waiting in the wings that might go 4 to 6 months. I also have a Laos that I want to try. Your stories have me really wanting to pop those Punto Rojo beans. I remember your pictures of those, and it looks like what I remember smoking as a kid that I liked better than the C. Gold. The only problem is, if I find something great, I have to breed to some seeds I have been saving for 10 years, so they don't die off. I have not found anything that is worthy of breeding to those seeds, yet, which is why I've been waiting so long. If the Thai or Jamaican pan out, then I will not get to the Punto Rojo for at least a couple of years, since my space is so limited. I need a bigger grow cabinet.

Nice problem to have, I know I'm a whiner, but I'm still jealous of your situation.
:biggrin:

Happy Holidays everyone,

ThaiBliss

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ThaiBliss, I always enjoy your posts and it is a great honor to learn from you. When I talk about Colombian, I think every serious cannabis connoisseur remembers how good it was, but alas it just shows my age because there’s so many enthusiast that never saw it. These fine young folks don’t know the smells, colors, tastes and effects of this once common exotic import. It is difficult for me to describe the plant and how good it is to those who have never had it. Colombian has a distinct taste and smell that’s not skunky, fruity, hashy (indica) or sour. Its effects are energetic and calming at the same time but most importantly to me is good Colombian (red, gold, green or black) satisfies my cannabis desire meaning I don’t have to re-up every couple hours.
Punto Rojo is my favorite strain of Colombian, to me it is the perfect cannabis, motivating and relaxing any time. It’s good for socializing or solo introspective exploration. You will be very happy with this plant in your life.

Brookky

Nice posts red rider keep it up. I wish more breeders would make pure Ibl's available. I would love to try some old school Colombian gold and other Colombian and mexican strains.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rare

Rare

I’m sure as I’ve read that it is a general consensus that the original Colombian strains have been watered down by imported genetics over the past few decades. And there is truth to that in a certain degree pertaining to “commercial” grows here that are exported. However even with the internet most of Colombia is rural and isolated creating decades of inbreeding. It is true that “Crippy” is very prevalent to the Colombian consumer but that’s due to demand, the young folks here (the only smokers) want the modern hybrids for their overpowering effect, as a result no one bothers to try to sell the domestic that is sometimes seeded and not as narcotic in effect. I asked the grower in Nobsa where he got his seed from and he said from his father who obtained them from his Uncle in what I understood to be the early 50s. In all his life this guy had never seen any other kind of strain and has no interest in doing so. The fact is there are still thousands of “pure” strains here that have never been “mixed” and are unknown to the outside world.

attachment.php

This is one of those rare strains.

Last edited:

bigAl25

Veteran
I remember how good Colombian was back then. Maybe with our legalization we will see a comeback of these long flowering sativas. Hell, I'd even like to get my hands on the Thai stick I had back in the late 70s, early 80s. That shit kicked everyone's ass. As we age and grow in wisdom this ganja memory becomes Irie for us. None of the current hybrids over the last 30 years matches the fun this ganja provided. You are a lucky man red rider. Peace and respect.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Red Rider,

That is not just a fascinating story, about the origins of your in-laws friend's strain, it is historically significant to Cannabis aficionados and scientists. It is interesting, perhaps just coincidental, that I have seen posts about a famous strain in Australia, Mullumbimby Madness, that traces its origins, Thai, from back in the 1950s. I am growing a cross of that now. It is on month 7 of flowering and turning golden yellow. In all my years of growing, I've never seen this color in the calyxes while growing. I have seen it in buds after a very long cure. I believe it may be that I screwed up the grow. It is ambering up now, and the color appears red to the naked eye as it does. The ambering is visible, I think, only because of the blanched out yellowish color. It is rumored that a Colombian strain was later added to the Mullumbimby Madness genetic line. By the way this plant is looking, It may very well have been Colombian Gold.

The pictures of your relative's buds are gorgeous.
:biggrin:

ThaiBliss

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Colombian grown Johnny Blaze (HazeXBlueberry)

Colombian grown Johnny Blaze (HazeXBlueberry)

attachment.php

Very interesting stuff ThaiBliss, I believe there are many great strains that have Colombian in them. Back in 2006 some very kind people up north sent me a gift of Johnny Blaze seeds. This was the last real grow that I’ve done so far and unfortunately I was un able to let them go all the way. But what I was able to harvest was fantastic. I planted five seeds and got 5 plants, two males and three females.

attachment.php

I would like to note that unlike all the other “imported seed” I grew, these grew to respectable heights without vegging under lights. The three females were almost identical and all grew very fast and put out big flowers. I feed them the same as all the other plants (very little) and they exploded under the Colombian sun. The effect from the un ripened flowers was one of the best I’ve had with a rich creamy long lasting high.

attachment.php

All three plants had a very good taste, not sweet but not harsh either, leaving an incredible after taste. I wish I could have gave them a few more weeks to finish but it all turned out well.

Last edited:

satva

Veteran
one of those rare strains

Beautiful Colombian Gold! Is it grow in the Highlands? How's the high compared to Punta Rojo?

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gold?

Gold?

one of those rare strains

Beautiful Colombian Gold! Is it grow in the Highlands? How's the high compared to Punta Rojo?

Check out the first of the thread, I go into more detail. And even though the bud is seedless I did get a handful of seed from the grower.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oil

Oil

Last week I decided to take a few grams of the Nobse bud and make some QWISO. I wanted to see how the effect was concentrated. It was a beautiful sunny day (December is the dry season here) and the kids (I’ve got two 9 & 7) were going to spend the afternoon with some friends in the north of the city. The wife took them and was going to pick them up later that evening. So I had the house to myself to make and try the QWISO. I spent the afternoon smoking bud and working in the house until the QWISO was dry and ready to burn. About 4 PM it was ready and I scraped a nice bowl and went out on the balcony to try it. The QWISO had a different taste and really burnt in my lungs, I felt it immediately. I took another big hit and as soon as I finished coughing my phone rang and it was the wife telling me I had to go across town to pick up the kids. I was in no condition to be out in public as I could really feel the oil kicking in. It wasn’t the warm happy feeling I get from the bud, this was racy and a lot of pressure in my head. But I had to go so I grabbed my smokes and my baseball bat filled with bud covered in oil and went and got a taxi. I told the driver the address and we took off. I usually don’t get paranoid anymore but my hands started seating and I felt like my eyes were redder than the devils dick. At first the taxi driver seemed like all the rest and I tried looking at my phone as not to start talking with the guy. All of a sudden the driver misses a green light and he locks the brakes up and starts screaming cuss words in Spanish beating on the steering wheel. I almost jumped out of my skin as the driver began screaming at other drivers around us looking back at me for conformation. It hadn’t been fifteen minutes since I smoked the oil and it was coming on strong, I couldn’t handle this crazy driver so I told him I wanted out right there. I gave him 5,000 pesos and jumped out of the taxi right into a crowd of people on the sidewalk. It was some kind of riot and I was right in the middle of it, then I saw a wall of storm trooper riot cops, shields and batons coming right at me/us. I tried backing away but the crowd was pushing me forward. Then the wall of cops stopped about fifty feet from us and they start lobbing tear gas into the crowd damn near hitting me with one of the canisters. I’ve been gassed on the street here before but never this close. Now I’m really blind and can’t breathe panicking to get away I disperse with the crowd ending up a few streets away from the action. My wife calls and says the kids want to stay a little longer and to wait an hour or so before picking them up. I was still 20 minutes away from where the kids were so I got another taxi and started that way. The new taxi driver was cool and got me there with no problems and I’m starting to feel much better. By the time I get there I feel really high, I mean now the paranoia was all but gone and that beautiful warm euphoria was back in full force. I had time so I went to a nice park near the address to have a cig and chill for an hour or so. I found a nice tree and sat down in the warm grass leaning up against the tree. I lit a cig and started watching the people in the park. Kids were playing, dogs catching Frisbees and lovers making out on the grass. I was still very high but I thought a hit out of the bat would be perfect. So I whip out the bat look around to see if it’s cool and hit that bad boy. The bud with oil on it seemed stronger to me than the oil alone but I thought one more hit couldn’t hurt. Just as I was starting to finish coughing from the 2nd hit I hear “daddy!!!” and look up to see my son charging at me with his sister and two other little kids right behind him. They dog pile me knocking the bat and lighter out of my hands. But now it’s on and I start playing and wrestling with all four kids having a great time when I look up and there’s this incredible woman standing in front of me with a strange look on her face. It was my kid’s friend’s mother. I had never met her before, I knew the kids but I never met their parents. This woman was so beautiful and sexy, with jet black straight hair going down to the top of her ass and a perfect body with a models face. I quickly stood up and introduced myself, when I shook her hand I felt she was interested in something more. The kids started to play in the park begging for more time, so I began talking to Anna the mother. She is a contract lawyer that works for a large contracting company. Of course she wanted to know how much my English classes cost and that she really needed English in her job. The whole time I’m watching her full red lips and her heaving full bust, thinking man I want this woman. And she was acting like she was on the same page when she asked me if I would like to go to their apartment for a snack and coffee. We collected the kids and went to her very expensive apartment. When we got there the kids went to play in the bedroom and I sat on the couch while she went to the kitchen. The apartment was super clean and furnished with ultra-modern furniture. I could see her back in the kitchen from my seat on the couch and the view of her tight ass in yoga pants was giving me too many ideas. Then she sat down on the couch beside me and handed me a cup of coffee. She was really sitting a little close and I could smell her beautiful hair and feel her thigh against mine. I was really trying to keep my shit together when I started to show her pictures on my phone. I can’t tell you how much I wanted to just grab her a start kissing her as she leaned in to see the pictures. Anna lifted her head up and her mouth just inches from mine when the front door suddenly bursts open and this guy comes in the room. Now I’m sitting on the other side of the couch from her and the guy introduces himself as her husband. I’m sure it was the oil but I really felt like this guy knew something was going on and he wanted to kick my ass. But that feeling subsided and we chatted for a while when I realized it was late and I needed to get the kids home. The couple had a car and offered to drive us home. After we finally got home I was still high and hungry. My wife was in a good mood (strange for her) and was kind of flirting with me. After I ate I went and smoked the rest of the oil and went into the living room while the wife put the kids to bed. Then my wife comes in the living room and starts taking her clothes off. You have to realize that my wife is plumb crazy and when we do have sex she sets the time and place. She took off her clothes and jumped on my lap purring like a kitten. We had the best sex right on the couch (very strange because we NEVER have sex outside of the bedroom). After she out of the blue starts asking me what I thought about Anna. Also very strange because she is the most jealous woman on the planet. I just told her that Anna was a nice lady and about her wanting English lessons. It was a very strange day and evening to say the least and I can honestly say that the Nobse bud doesn’t need to be concentrated.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
He he, you are really living the life red rider. La vida loco. Stay safe.

bigherb

Veteran
I always appreciate your detailed style of writing

It's sounds like you have much to be happy for . I look forward to your future grows

Damn i really got to make it to Colombia

Thanks for sharing

1luvbigherb

Adze

Well told

Well told

red rider,

Should you wish to turn this thread entirely to stores about your adventures with exotic Colombia women I think you'll find massive support among the gang here. :biggrin:

Seriously though, thank you for taking the time to share and going into the detail you do. Makes for an enjoyable read.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The grass is always greener

The grass is always greener

Thank you very much for all your kind words. I need to express again that my experience here in Colombia is just my perception of that (if that makes any sense). My point is that other people in other places may have much different experiences here in Colombia than I do. However I am only in this country for one reason, my kids. Living with this lunatic drama queen has not been easy by any means and Colombia is OK to live in but it’s nothing like the USA. My wife although well-educated and extremely beautiful is crazy, her personality can flip for no reason in a matter of seconds to the extreme. I know she really loves our kids and me but her violent nature won’t let me leave her with them. I don’t hit my kids (spank yes hit no) but the wife has on occasion smacked both kids in the face in a blind rage. God knows what would have happened to the kids if I wasn’t there to protect them. It is difficult for me because I am very nonviolent and try to be copasetic in all my relationships. I was raised to be compassionate and helpful to others in a non-religious way. Don’t get me wrong, I’m fearless and will not be intimidated or back down from a fight. But I always try to look for a peaceful resolution to problems and fight only if absolutely necessary. The wife thinks compassion is a weakness and that people are only exploiters or the exploited. It goes much deeper than that, I practice Japanese Buddhism and of course she is a non-practicing Roman Catholic hypocrite. So my life here really is no picnic but of course I do have my moments. Anyway before we returned to Colombia 3 years ago, I talked to the wife and she agreed that I could grow and smoke here. We made plans to live in a small town outside Bogota (close to her mother) and I could grow and find new Colombian strains. I was so excited to live my dream, however 3 years later I have not only not grown out one plant but where we live (in the city) there’s nowhere to grow. Now the wife says I can grow here in this apartment we have and to prove her point she has 3 or 4 plants growing in the kitchen window. She doesn’t understand they need full light to produce anything worthwhile. Her poor plants are long and spars with thin wispy buds starving for sunlight. She simply doesn’t understand that growing is what I really love, she thinks why take the trouble to grow when there’s so much to buy around.
There are only two things holding me up from doing what I want to do with Marijuana in Colombia. First of course is the wife, she has no interest in living somewhere I can grow. However I can work around her as now I have a few Colombian friend but I have problem number two, money. I work my ass off here and I am very proficient in what I do but it has been impossible to stay consistent with money here. For three months I will make a good bit of money then go without work for three months and be right back where I was 6 months before. Wife and her family have money but none would go to me for anything they perceive as Narco trafficking. Even “sending” seeds (not selling but giving) to them is a form of Narco trafficking. I’m still working on getting a consistent flow of pesos and one day I will have my dream.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The dream

The dream

It is my dream to cultivate Colombian strains of cannabis in Colombia on a very small commercial scale. I want to bring back the gold and reds that we remember from years gone by. No offense to the Colombian growers but I want to improve on the strains and the condition of the product when the consumer receives it (no brick).

attachment.php

Farm #1

attachment.php

Small town Colombia

I want to have a small farm in an area that’s perfect for cultivation (good altitude sun and soil). I have two very good locations in mind already with owners willing to sell.

attachment.php

2 types of Crippy

Starting with two products at first, one traditional high grade Colombian (gold/red) sweat cured (not compressed) and a modern Colombian Crippy air dried and jar cured. I have been collecting seed for the last 3 years and am ready in that department. All I’m really waiting for now is global legalization and money to kick it off. I know it’s just a dream but what a nice dream to have.

Last edited:

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't get me started

Don't get me started

red rider,

Should you wish to turn this thread entirely to stores about your adventures with exotic Colombia women I think you'll find massive support among the gang here. :biggrin:

Seriously though, thank you for taking the time to share and going into the detail you do. Makes for an enjoyable read.

Adze thank you so much and everyone too, it is my pleasure to share. I have too many stories to tell about the Colombian maidens. My two favorite subjects, women & weed.