What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jack Herer

~star~crash~

I know most would consider 7 weeks as too early based trichome colour. As I don't have humidity control I find the risk of mould in the large buds increases beyond about 50 days. I usually pull them when the majority of stigmas have turned orange and bud girth has obviously slowed. See photos below of some dried/cured buds.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

excellent flowers and excellent pics...good work

Miraculous Meds

Nice plants natural high,

That reminds me of our old 94 jack. Ours didn't have the lemon, but all the other characteristics u described with a exotic incent aroma n flavor. I think u would greatly benefit from a few more weeks, if u can control bud rot. Great air circulation and keeping ur rh below ur temp is critical to keeping mold down.

topheavy420

Lucky you. I had one very similar to that a long time ago. Still the best I've ever had. Mine was like a lemon/lime sprite with light spice. Almost like a champagne. In my opinion it would be a crime not to S1 that plant. But that's just me and my regret of not having my special girl anymore.

Hello all.. I'm bumping this thread with my first post.

I have kept a Jack Herer clone line from around 2003 or possibly earlier - I was gifted it back then but have no idea of it's actual vintage or seedbank origins.

It seems to be a mixed phenotype in that it grows very tall (without training/pruning) with weak stems and narrow leaves, yet makes large, very dense resiny buds with a very low leaf ratio. The plant has a fairly mild sweet spicy odour in grow.

The cured buds are rock hard nuggets that smell and taste of spice, pine and hash mixed with lemon sherbet. The high is potent & uplifting, yet relaxing with no couch lock whatsoever.

If grown well, a single plant under 600w yields 18-20 Oz with three weeks of veg and seven weeks of flower. See photos

Single plant at 7 weeks of 12/12
View Image

Bud at 5 weeks
View Image

Bud at 7 weeks (apologies as it was taken with phone camera on flash)
View Image

Close-up of smaller bud
View Image

Close-up of trichomes at about 5 weeks
View Image

I have tried many other strains over the years but as yet none have replaced this Jack Herer.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

In my opinion it would be a crime not to S1 that plant. But that's just me and my regret of not having my special girl anymore.

As a matter of fact, I've just recently sourced my ingredients for STS and plan on doing just that! :)

I am also going to cross it with various other lines I have access to including Chemdawg, GSC, & OG Kush (all of these are from feminised seed); as well as Ghost Train Haze, Critical Kush, and a few others.

topheavy420

Smart man. Good on you. Any garden would be graced by her and some really interesting plants may pop up in the S1's. Crosses should be pretty sweet too. Any decent cut will be improved by her pollen I'm sure.

As a matter of fact, I've just recently sourced my ingredients for STS and plan on doing just that! :)

I am also going to cross it with various other lines I have access to including Chemdawg, GSC, & OG Kush (all of these are from feminised seed); as well as Ghost Train Haze, Critical Kush, and a few others.

~star~crash~

the original Jack sounds like she was a champion with a well deserved reputation...i would LOVE to get my green thumbs on a cut

N

NewAgeGenetics

very nice old JH cut Natural high!

I clearly remember to the high when I smoked JH in those times! loved it.

some high just totally different than others. lol

aligee

Veteran
Vintage Jack Herer

Vintage Jack Herer

picture.php

Carraxe

Veteran
I also have an Old time Jack Herer. At 8 weeks it looks like that:

I've had two different Jack cuts. Both were elite genetics, but unfortunately I just keep this one, the strongest one. The other one was much more hazey and I liked it a lot, but I lost it.

I'm backcrossing it, I have a thread about it.

Cheers

C. Breeze

Just got my cannacopia jack herrer x c99 beans- and they are huge- apparently from the old large calex pheno that is so well loved- another avenue to search through

M

maliali

The real Jack gene pool is Sensi Seeds, but lots of phenos. For some tunned Jack. ******s is the best. Then Karma Jack they are about 2-3 phenos. SS are 4-5 phenos. I have from karma Jack which is desribed as sensi pheno A it is good Sativa plant some call it hazy but 4 me haze is frankeincense smell and it is not like that its kind of lemon/woody/mentol smell taste. But high is good like like true sativa. And for me jack and ssh are not the same they are very different only what is the same are buds look they look close to each other smell and taste is different on most phenos ssh is more piney incense on most phenos while jack can go from beer/musky/ on indy phenos to lemon menthol on sat phenos. U say that jack and ssh are the same but various Og hyped cuts are the same ahahah so sad. JH and SSH are the best gene pools in my opinion. Also good representation of jhxssh in seed form is Karmas Jack o Nesia. which is AMNESIA(rarephenoofSSHxSativaphenoJHmale).

~star~crash~

The real Jack gene pool is Sensi Seeds, but lots of phenos. For some tunned Jack. ******s is the best. Then Karma Jack they are about 2-3 phenos. SS are 4-5 phenos. I have from karma Jack which is desribed as sensi pheno A it is good Sativa plant some call it hazy but 4 me haze is frankeincense smell and it is not like that its kind of lemon/woody/mentol smell taste. But high is good like like true sativa. And for me jack and ssh are not the same they are very different only what is the same are buds look they look close to each other smell and taste is different on most phenos ssh is more piney incense on most phenos while jack can go from beer/musky/ on indy phenos to lemon menthol on sat phenos. U say that jack and ssh are the same but various Og hyped cuts are the same ahahah so sad. JH and SSH are the best gene pools in my opinion. Also good representation of jhxssh in seed form is Karmas Jack o Nesia. which is AMNESIA(rarephenoofSSHxSativaphenoJHmale).

thanks for the info... you know your jack:tiphat:

Happy Times

Another old time F2 Jack Herer (Sensi), mini closet grow under a 220W son agro.

Attachments

• IMG_2295.jpg
    IMG_2295.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 29