What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jack Herer

I have grown a few packs of SS Jack f6 and f7 . I have been impressed every single time, sky rocket ship herb with an amazing hazy smell/taste

beta

Veteran
I'm about to pop a pack of 2002-2004 era Sensi Seeds Jack Herer. Does anyone have experience with Jack phenos from this era? What should I expect?

Thanks!

Carraxe

Veteran
I'm about to pop a pack of 2002-2004 era Sensi Seeds Jack Herer. Does anyone have experience with Jack phenos from this era? What should I expect?

Thanks!

Nothing will grow from seeds 15 years old

Sasati

I recently germinated some auto sativas, out of about 50 seeds 38 or so sprouted. These seeds are quite old, not sure how old though. I've had them for at least seven or eight years, and they sure were not fresh from the field when i got them. I think they are at least 12 years old. And the ladies i planted are doing just fine outside.

G

growhigh1233

im working with 3 sativa phenos of jack as we speak, whittled down from 22 females found in 50 odd sensi regular jacks........................goot some pollen to

i will post a few pics when i get round to it

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran

BULLSHIT!!!

All of my seeds are of that vintage, and I've got a 95% germination rate. I do nothing special with them. Drop them in water for 24 hours, transfer to paper towels. I've got a tap root 48-72 hours later.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran

This is just flat out wrong. First off the ancestral Skunk seeds are way older and germinate. 15 years is not that long for seeds to remain viable.

Take a look around, many people getting older seeds to germinate.

Good luck Beta, I'm sure you will enjoy the Jack!

Carraxe

Veteran
BULLSHIT!!!

All of my seeds are of that vintage, and I've got a 95% germination rate. I do nothing special with them. Drop them in water for 24 hours, transfer to paper towels. I've got a tap root 48-72 hours later.

Without the proper conditions of storage (mainly constant low temperature and humidity, most of cannabis seeds will spoil over a decade.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Without the proper conditions of storage (mainly constant low temperature and humidity, most of cannabis seeds will spoil over a decade.

And again, BULLSHIT!!!

Look around this forum. Several people have gotten much older seeds stored in bad conditions to germinate and grow.

Does what you are saying increase the likelihood of them germinating over time? Yes. No one will dispute that.

But to say they won't germinate passed 10 years unless stored in perfect conditions is malarkey.

Carraxe

Veteran
In mid temperate weather and without refrigeration, seeds won't last 20 years. If you're lucky you can get some to sprout after 10 years with hormones.

Do you trust anything you read on the internet?

If someone says that if you wait 30 years you can get a 150% germ rate, would you believe that?

Don't insult me. Take your bullshit and learn something.

Bye

Koondense

Veteran
Got a couple Jacks by S@nnie, truly insane lemon terpenes on this lovely girl. I think she'll be my new keeper.

picture.php

This is a F10 fem generation I think, the growth is not really what I expected, more stocky and far less stretch but nontheless lovely trich coverage and the smell...it's near perfection for my taste. I'm thinking of dropping some Cannacopia Haze x C99 pollen on her lower pistils, not much time left.

Cheers

This is a F10 fem generation I think, the growth is not really what I expected, more stocky and far less stretch but nontheless lovely trich coverage and the smell...it's near perfection for my taste.
Cheers
Very nice. What type of light are you using? My jack is very stretchy under HPS but much more stocky under CMH. I prefer the structure and low leaf/calyx ratio HPS produces, but like the extra terps the CMH produces. I'm considering a run using HPS and swapping to CMH in the last 3 weeks.

beta

Veteran

8 of 8 germinated and all 6 females and 2 males are flipping to flower for open pollination tomorrow. Whether or not I find a winner in these 8, Jack Herer F2s should be a riot to pick through. Cheers!

Happy Times

8 of 8 germinated and all 6 females and 2 males are flipping to flower for open pollination tomorrow. Whether or not I find a winner in these 8, Jack Herer F2s should be a riot to pick through. Cheers!

Very nice, good luck!! Impressive germination rate there

Koondense

Veteran
Very nice. What type of light are you using? My jack is very stretchy under HPS but much more stocky under CMH. I prefer the structure and low leaf/calyx ratio HPS produces, but like the extra terps the CMH produces. I'm considering a run using HPS and swapping to CMH in the last 3 weeks.

I use cree cob leds, 3000K and one 6400K.
I believe all s@nnie's varieties are bred under hps, for the record.
Thing is different plants have different attitudes under same lights, i have a very stretchy sativa under same lights, while these two jacks keep low and bushy. The only effect i could relate to cob leds is higher intake of N and some micronutrients, so deficencies show earlier on fan leaves.
I think cmh 3100K is the best light to have, but some varieties which are constantly bred under hps could show a bit different traits when grown under cmh. Same goes for growing outdoors, buds develop differently compared to hps grown. I saw some comparisons and despite sometimes buds and plants look less leafy with hps, I still prefer a more full spectrum from cob leds and cmh lights.

Cheers