What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Grateful Dead thread...

lr3

I never allow a day to pass without the Grateful Dead in my head.

sounds like a true deadhead to me. i got tired of listening to the dead constantly for years, but it is wonderful to go back now and listen to some of their incredible body of work now that i have had time away from it. i am grateful that i got to see as many shows as I could squeeze in, given my late start.

77 hottest year

Been playing a bunch of 77 lately. So good.

Good vibes to Phil!!!

They were rockin at Soldier!
picture.php

VortexPower420

Veteran
Best feeling in the world was lighting up my last joint of my own I call "Stanley" right at the first notes of let it grow.

I was the happiest person there.

Amazing wasent it

Timbuktu

Mr.Miner

RIP Rob Wasserman...age 64.

Sad day.

Weir and Wasserman were a dynamic, inspiring little outfit that I fell in love with ever since I first saw the two of them play together at The Ritz in NYC in 1990...I'll never forget the pulsing, haunting song 'The Winners', which was a Rudyard Kipling poem put to music...
The man was a genius and he played the shit out of that upright. Another real talent lost. RIP Rob. You will be missed by us all.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Yeah I am soooo fucking bummed I was really looking forward to ratdog tour.

Heart breaking really.

LostTribe

Premium user
Yeah I am soooo fucking bummed I was really looking forward to ratdog tour.

Heart breaking really.

Remember seeing rat dog a few times including the boulder theater that is unfortunate. We are but Dust!

I never allow a day to pass without the Grateful Dead in my head.

K+

I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before.

I love the Dead. Personally I like the 80's the best. Even though Jerry was strung out at his worst most of the time I really like the way Brent Mydland played the keys.

I've seen the Dead in 2003 and 2009, wish I could have seen Jerry play though...

The best Dead cover band is Darkstar Orchestra, I've seen them too many times to count.

JVonChron

dead and co. this weekend in mountain view. Anyone else is going? I am probably gonna check out the growX expo in san jose on saturday before the show. I got 7 or 8 free tickets to the growX if anyone is interested. it'll save ya 20 or 30 bucks.