What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ICMAG: United Kingdom Cup

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been thinking,,, i know,, dangerous thing to do for me.

But how would you guys feel about a UK cup?

I have ideas about a judges box that will contain everyone's samples and we can vote online,,

What are your thoughts

I also feel that meetups and clubs might be a big part of our future,,,

Am I tripping or what,,,??

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is definitely a full community worthy of high recognition here on the icmag.com UK sub forum ,,

i see the whole world having real events and competitions,,, this new club scene is our way forward,,

image a well organised uk icmag club,, good shit,, no?

We could rank clones,, or have judging boxes dispatched every time a referendum is called for,, donations to a bitcoin wallet,, competitions prizes,,

Is this how we move into a new revolution?

ForTheLove

Veteran
A off-line friend has been talking to me about a UK cup for about a yr!
His idea was a "Same strain cup"
I really like the idea but I'm not an admin kinda guy & i can see where people would start poking holes in even the idea but I thought it stands out from the cannabis cups!

@englishrick
have you seen the new UK cup being promoted on instagram? Its gonna be a biggie! Lots of the UK's & Europe's big names (real world & online) judging, entering sponsoring etc.
Looks interesting?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can we collaborate with jahs Cup,?

I had a few ideas about online voting and other cool tit bits

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Need to get on instagram bro.... theirs already estsblished cups being held in the uk if your into that kinda thing..

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's why it's might be a good colab

I want to do it on icmag then later my own app that I'm already building for legal cannabis products in the UK,, such as cbd water,,, but I will always be on icmag and gain an organic customer base through shear integrity,,, someone needs to look after the car bro,, this is our old reliable vehicle,,, in future il pay to have my own sub fourm here,,,

I seriously love this place

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
That's why it's might be a good colab

I want to do it on icmag then later my own app that I'm already building for legal cannabis products in the UK,, such as cbd water,,, but I will always be on icmag and gain an organic customer base through shear integrity,,, someone needs to look after the car bro,, this is our old reliable vehicle,,, in future il pay to have my own sub fourm here,,,

I seriously love this place

I have love for all grow forums bro.. they have played a massive part in shaping the world of canna... and are a wealth of resources.. but instagram is just more instant lol.... i see forums as being the library and resource centre where social media is the shop front

cannabis clubs are already hosting cups and organised events with tickets £20 - £50 loads of people have set up shop with their own branding and labels like the whole scene is already here bro.. its just not fully mainstream yet.. but yeah i see the idea of a uk icmag sponsored cup but its still.sketchy...:tiphat:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have love for all grow forums bro.. they have played a massive part in shaping the world of canna... and are a wealth of resources.. but instagram is just more instant lol.... i see forums as being the library and resource centre where social media is the shop front

cannabis clubs are already hosting cups and organised events with tickets £20 - £50 loads of people have set up shop with their own branding and labels like the whole scene is already here bro.. its just not fully mainstream yet.. but yeah i see the idea of a uk icmag sponsored cup but its still.sketchy...:tiphat:

I think I need to see this shit bro,,, competition,,, icmag will rule the day,,, challenge???

Sounds really good and I agree,, i have my own app running now myself,, but I will always feel at home bringing up the new members,, i built a home here and I'd like to keep it open forever,,, il do icmag,, happily

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm opening a high class uk legal Canbabis product site very soon,, the shops are just waiting for the stock,, currently running a vape shop,, it's a chain but the pilot will be central Manchester

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A off-line friend has been talking to me about a UK cup for about a yr!
His idea was a "Same strain cup"
I really like the idea but I'm not an admin kinda guy & i can see where people would start poking holes in even the idea but I thought it stands out from the cannabis cups!

@englishrick
have you seen the new UK cup being promoted on instagram? Its gonna be a biggie! Lots of the UK's & Europe's big names (real world & online) judging, entering sponsoring etc.
Looks interesting?

Thats a sport caragory

Please clue me up on what I'm missing

I'm on Insta as originally_englishrick

Blazeee

Veteran

Man i love the forums, especially ICmag, ive learnt pretty much everything i know about growing from here over the years.

Im not on IG, but always feel like im missing out when hearing about events and stuff like this going on. Maybe its time for me to make an acount over there.

I do like the idea of an ICmag UK cup. Same strain cup sounds interesting. Ive also thought it would be cool to do something like a group pheno hunt, where everyone were to purchase the same seeds and search through them together.

ForTheLove

Veteran
Thats a sport caragory

Please clue me up on what I'm missing

I'm on Insta as originally_englishrick

Sport! . . . Im not to sure what you mean? Isn't a cup the the pinnacle and sorta definition of a competitive event!

Try @ukcannacup

Going through a few pks of sumin nice with some more than capable gardeners sounds ok too.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A sport clone is a standout indervidual,, if you take it one step more it's a sport when everyone grows the same clone in the attempt to show the best nutrition scheme for that plant,,, you might call it a "dial it in" competition,,

Latest posts

Latest posts