What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Michigan said YES!

TheMan13

Veteran
Michigan becomes the 10th US State (20%!) to recreationally allow for adult marijuana use along with the majority of states already allowing for it medicinally for many years now.

Now when will our "justice system" accept this reality, remove it from it's schedule I controlled substance list where it never honestly belonged and give up the guise of the "smell" of marijuana as felony probable cause to wholesale our Constitutional Rights and imprison use at historical rates?

attachment.php

It's been an extremely lucrative half century for lawyers of all ilk involved ...

Attachments

• licensing.jpg
    licensing.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 41
G

GatorGumbo

Get ya checkbooks out, the gubment's ready to sell us our rights back!

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Figure this is going one of 2 ways. One, I quality for a microbusiness and see how that pans out. Two, I do not quality and design a minivan that shoots hemp and auto flower pollon into the air while I help all the coorperate grows with their seed bearning fruits.

I did vote for this and hope it stays fair for the smaller growers that never want to become huge growers.

TheMan13

Veteran
I'll be an observer, because I cannot afford to participate in the licensing game. Although if they come for my medical grow as they have in many states, we'll have war and maybe literally ;-)~

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
From the quoted news article...:

"Individuals will now be permitted to possess and use marijuana and marijuana-infused edibles and grow up to 12 marijuana plants for personal consumption. The approved law will impose a 10-ounce limit for marijuana kept at residences and mandate that amounts over 2.5 ounces be secured in locked containers."

So based on their suspicions or "probable causes", it sounds to me like the local and state Gestapo, dressed up in their SWAT costumes,
will still be busting down front doors and trashing peoples homes because the residents have a 12 oz. stash, in a shoebox on the shelf...

growingcrazy

I'll be an observer, because I cannot afford to participate in the licensing game. Although if they come for my medical grow as they have in many states, we'll have war and maybe literally ;-)~

Doesn't the new law state a maximum of 5,000 in licensing fees? That seems rather fair to me.

I enjoy all of you that are worried and are going to bad mouth this one... If the playing field is equal and you can't make it...well... that has nothing to do with any laws.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
5000 seems absurd. We should be able to benefit from this without paying anything but taxes. I get it that won't happen. Its a fucking plant. If it is legal any adult can grow and posess and sell. If you want to open a store. Those laws suck and Im not worried about them.

https://youtu.be/UPfWhPEH0bA

This is pretty interesting. Much does not apply to michigan. Much does. But what really got my attention is that banks do not want any black market what so ever. They go so far as to encourage snitching. I figure we are about to have a huge string of cleaning up the not regulated portion of the market. I wish everyone well and truly hope this works out for the people of Michigan and not just a select group of very rich investors.

growingcrazy

From the quoted news article...:

"Individuals will now be permitted to possess and use marijuana and marijuana-infused edibles and grow up to 12 marijuana plants for personal consumption. The approved law will impose a 10-ounce limit for marijuana kept at residences and mandate that amounts over 2.5 ounces be secured in locked containers."

So based on their suspicions or "probable causes", it sounds to me like the local and state Gestapo, dressed up in their SWAT costumes,
will still be busting down front doors and trashing peoples homes because the residents have a 12 oz. stash, in a shoebox on the shelf...
We are able to already hold 15oz as a caregiver. Nobody is knocking on doors looking for weed.

These paranoid thoughts just cause problems. Talk to officers... they don't give a fuck about cannabis. Drunks and opiods are much larger problems in the mitten and everyone knows that except the 44% in a dillusion or worried they might have to work for a living now...

Guess I'd better dust off my resume for that job at the corner gas station.

One of the biggest reasons I wanted this passed... Do you know how many people in Northern Michigan are collecting some type of state aid, as well as growing and selling meds...

It is time to stop supporting those individuals in all ways. They are just an anchor to society.

growingcrazy

5000 seems absurd. We should be able to benefit from this without paying anything but taxes. I get it that won't happen. Its a fucking plant. If it is legal any adult can grow and posess and sell. If you want to open a store. Those laws suck and Im not worried about them.

https://youtu.be/UPfWhPEH0bA

This is pretty interesting. Much does not apply to michigan. Much does. But what really got my attention is that banks do not want any black market what so ever. They go so far as to encourage snitching. I figure we are about to have a huge string of cleaning up the not regulated portion of the market. I wish everyone well and truly hope this works out for the people of Michigan and not just a select group of very rich investors.

We don't have to pay a dime to grow 12 plants. For everyone and anyone. Do you think a brewery has to pay licensing...yes, a resteraunt, yep... I even have to pay to test my water multiple times a year just to sell fucking lettuce and pay for state inspections just to have perrenials on my property.

Business's don't operate for free. Inspections don't happen free. Someone pays for that in every situation, they are the business owner. This industry is no different and I consider the $420 a month towards licensing an acceptable fee to have to pay.

You don't want to make money = free to grow
You want to make money = pay the fees

I agree the banking needs a rebuild. I know banks out west are working with farms. That isn't going to happen here. I have spoke to every small bank in the state and they are all terrified of touching the money. I also know personally that larger banks will not touch it here. That will hopefully keep investors out. All residents have 2 years to get our shit together before we get the flood of transplants. Bust ass until then.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Figure this is going one of 2 ways. One, I quality for a microbusiness and see how that pans out. Two, I do not quality and design a minivan that shoots hemp and auto flower pollon into the air while I help all the coorperate grows with their seed bearning fruits.

I did vote for this and hope it stays fair for the smaller growers that never want to become huge growers.

Or 3, you don’t qualify, but build a microbusiness nevertheless. Minus the tax. Maybe you’ve already been doing this for years? :) If so the likelihood of doing so ruining your life just went down a thousand fold.

It’s a great day for Michigan and all us growers who’ve lived in fear of the man, just for growing some plants, but refused to be cowed even at the risk of losing so much! I don’t see this resulting in doors being broken down. We have a governor elect who supports 18-1 and an AG who, although I am not positive, I think also does. I reckon the tax man will be satisfied with the tax revenue recreational brings in for the state. There’ll be no need to try to sniff out, under a legal framework, who is exceeding limits within the privacy of their own home. And to play devil's advocate, let's say they do. So? A fine of some sort versus losing your freedom and all your belongings to asset forfeiture? I'll take the fine, thank you kindly.

Cannot wait to start a few plants outdoors this spring!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Also, don’t forget. Municipalities have the right to deny rec shops (as they have with med), so depending on where one lives, it may not matter, even if you’re willing to pay the licensing fees.

Your legislators will adjust the law to their needs, they’ll attack licenses structuring and personal plant numbers first. What was the proposed tax?

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
wonder how much the license for that will cost & which zones in each county it will be.

either way, 150 plants is enough to bust out flower and breed on a craft level, which is what Im down for. if they allow concentrates in the same location, might not be so bad.

I was kinda bummed about it earlier, but more I read into it, Im looking forward to seeing the details that go with this.

That was a bit tongue-in-cheek. :biggrin: (meaning a non-liscensed microbusiness, which I am sure more than a few of us have operated, lol.)

I see it as VERY positive. Glad to hear that you're coming around! There are obviously details that need yet to be worked out, in terms of business ventures. But it should be a day of celebration for the personal home grower! Especially for those who like to cover costs by way of reduced prices for friends and family.

Latest posts

Latest posts