What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

best sour diesel in seed form ?

Yikesy

Rez's 2011 sd Ibl was fucking garbage! His release before that was amazing. Rez definitely fucked up is lines before he went into seclusion.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
I was never the biggest fan of Rez's personality but his gear was solid and constantly produced great plants for the growers who knew what they were doing.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I read a journal on riu dr. Someone did a grow using dr green thumb ecsds1 and everything he said was on point to sour d and the pics looked on point to

research allele pairing, S1's/feminized seeds mix up the alleles in a random and un natural fashion, creating loads of diversity within a genome.

so your chances of finding the exact representation of the sour d phenotype goes down. and you must pop larger amounts of seeds just to find the plant your looking for.

then its most likely going to be a Hermie since thats what an S1 is plus diesels are super sensitive and prone to hermie in the first place.

you could have gotten the Chemdog Sour Diesel. if you didn't find a sour d in it you could make f2's with the most diesel individuals and you would have thousand of seeds to go through and definitely you would find a spot on representation of sour d.

but YOU'll live and YOU'll learn.

peace

John Deere

Veteran
7. Solicitations: Threads or posts soliciting or offering the buying/selling/trading/swapping/testing/giving of seeds, clones, pollen, cannabis, hash, or any other substance or article is not permitted and will be deleted, with the member subjected to banning without warning.

TOU = Terms Of Use aka the the guidelines around here

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=280

Just edit your above post and I assume no problems.

But then again, maybe I'm just stoned and don't know what the hell I'm talking about. It's happened before.

chos3n

Not sure if it's been said, but Cannaventure has ECSD x Chem D BX available atm. Just not here though....

T

trem0lo

well I can still do so. whats f2 mean? and how would I go about doing this? I dont want to polinate my whole room? sorry im new to this? would you want to part with any of your res ecsd seeds? or mybe over nite me a clone lol how much$

F2 means you take one male and one female from the same pack and breed them together, separating the males. Brush a couple female budsites with the pollen. Doesn't take much, and you'll have hundreds of F2 seeds. The original pack is F1, their offspring are F2, those offspring are F3, and so on.

S

Scrappy-doo

In the F2 generation you will find many more plants that lean towards each parent.

Dickkhead

7. Solicitations: Threads or posts soliciting or offering the buying/selling/trading/swapping/testing/giving of seeds, clones, pollen, cannabis, hash, or any other substance or article is not permitted and will be deleted, with the member subjected to banning without warning.

TOU = Terms Of Use aka the the guidelines around here

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=280

Just edit your above post and I assume no problems.

But then again, maybe I'm just stoned and don't know what the hell I'm talking about. It's happened before.

sorry I was unaware of this

Dickkhead

F2 means you take one male and one female from the same pack and breed them together, separating the males. Brush a couple female budsites with the pollen. Doesn't take much, and you'll have hundreds of F2 seeds. The original pack is F1, their offspring are F2, those offspring are F3, and so on.

ok thanks for clarifying

greenops

Well I just ordered lol. I have 3 reserv privada deisel and now I'll have those to compare I also have a strain called acid maybe I'll find a sd pheno in there?...

LOL u caught the SD bug! Me too man.. I also just ordered 3 SD from RP just to find this thread. After reading this here it seems it was a bad buy!

I'm amazed at some of the info about feminized seeds out there and how massively incorrect or half correct it can be. infinitesimal is right about a clone from a non-stable (referring to phenotype and not being in ibl status) bringing out an amazing amount of phenotypes, even in an S1. also increases the chances of males found in S1 lines. but as far as s1's kicking out mass amounts of herms, it really depends on how stable - and this time im referring to sexual stability - it is in the beginning. you are just as likely to find herms from a regular seed line as you are from a fem line if the parental lines aren't stable.

breed with stable lines that you're familiar with and herm issues will be left to those struggling to grow correctly.