What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

best sour diesel in seed form ?

growhi

my next project is to try and get a nice sour diesel representation , have no access to elite clones so it has to come from seed , is there anyone with first hand experience in sour diesel seed lines , what would you recommend ?

sneaky101

I grew out some of Rez's sd ibl a while back. Seriously strong stuff. Number one of what I have grown in terms of outright strength.

T

TribalSeeds

I grew CC's Sour D in the same tent as an unknown CC OG. The Sour D is very strong but the OG is probably the best herb Ive ever smoked.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Cali Connection for the win for me but many dig rez and others as well.

I don't buy into the ford vs. chevy and us vs. them b.s. that many try and do. Everyone who breeds is a simple pollen chucker to me, the plants are doing all the work as is nature.

try a couple and see what works for you

Cool Moe

Veteran
It wouldn't surprise me at all if the first dude who ever said the word "dank" was blowing out a hit of Rez Sour D.

As for Sour D versions currently available on this site, just finished Cannacopia's Chuck
D and highly recommend it. Held a pack for 3 years thinking it couldn't be that good for the price, but Sour D shows strong in the Chuck D in terms of both flavor and potency.

SS-

Dr. greenthumb Sour Diesel S1 IMO is the best in seed form I've ran across. Tried Rez IBL and actually found 2 better representations in my pack of 4SD from him. MOst likely just luck of the draw. However out of the 11 fems from doc 5. Pretty much all had same smell/taste and very slight varience of potency. However the quality of high is where it's at. Quality of the high from Doc's ECSD demolished the rest. Other's seemed like the high was still sativa dom. however just not as dreamlike as the ECSD's from Doc.

growhi

some good advice there guys thanks , im a bit of a tight arse , so rez and dr green thumb are out , there wayyy to expensive , but rez's sssdh is at a nice price , iv emailed dna to asking if there fem sour diesel is a s1 , i will let you know what feed back i get :)

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well there is no more REZ sour diesel IBL but you could still grab some chemdog sour diesel from rez. the chem is already in sour D with a strong presence, and in my opinion makes sour diesel what it is in the first place.

so some chem D x sour diesel IBL is some super sour sticky funk and you can easily find some heavy sour d dominant ladies, look for the tall floppy phenotypes and you'll be rolling in sour d goodness.
all day all long.

Just ask Crave he knows all about the floppy sours and the chems for that matter, yo Crave through up some of those pics of your sister cut thats some bomb ass chem

irobot sd

I actually just ran the DNA Sour Diesel Fem side by side with my clone only Sour d I've had for a few years. I may start a thread to compare. While my goal was to find a mother as equal to or better than the clone. 6 Seeds all popped flowered 5 and kept the best as a potential mom. Must say all 5 were somewhat each different ranging from skunky, to hazy, kushy, & last sour. While many would think this is the real thing sadly it was not. Although I did get huge colas and great yield from DNA sour d. One pheno came out very sticky and could pass for sour but again will not be getting a 2nd run as the clone only is the ONLY way to go..

growhi

I actually just ran the DNA Sour Diesel Fem side by side with my clone only Sour d I've had for a few years. I may start a thread to compare. While my goal was to find a mother as equal to or better than the clone. 6 Seeds all popped flowered 5 and kept the best as a potential mom. Must say all 5 were somewhat each different ranging from skunky, to hazy, kushy, & last sour. While many would think this is the real thing sadly it was not. Although I did get huge colas and great yield from DNA sour d. One pheno came out very sticky and could pass for sour but again will not be getting a 2nd run as the clone only is the ONLY way to go..

thanks for the info , hard to beat the real deal original clone , but if you have no access to it then seeds are the only way to go :( , iv grown there sour cream and got a real sour pheno but with tiny haze like yield , i suppose its all about numbers more seeds poped better chance of something smiler to the real deal

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have ecsd (clone), sd ibl (rez), and an aj's sour s1(cc) all going at the same time now. i will report after a toke on each ;)

Bobbles

Im in the same boat, I've been looking for awhile. I guess its clone only as the only seeds I have found are crosses.

Latest posts

Latest posts