What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ice (Nirvana Seeds) Smoke Report.

fatcat

STANDARD SMOKE REPORT V1.0 (from Treating Yourself Magazine)

=================================================
IDENTIFICATION
=================================================

# Details:
Date: 10/10/2008
Strain: Ice
Judge: Fatcat
Breeder: Nirvana Seeds Co.
Grower: Fatcat

Clear [50] Cloudy [45] Amber [5] Dark [0 ] (%)

# (Mark with X the colors that are present in the buds or for a more detailed color analysis rate presence on a scale 1-9 light-dark.)

Brown [ ] Green [x] Gold [x] Blue [x] Grey [ ] White [x] Red [ ] Rust [ ] Orange [ ] Purple [ ] Black [ ]

# Bud density: [2] (Rate the bud density from 1-10 airy-dense. For samples that are not in their natural state leave this field blank.)

# (Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly broken bud where a one indicates a subtle presence and 9 indicates a pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.)

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [4] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ] Berry [ ] Floral [2] Mango [ ] Pepper [ ] Blueberry [ ] Fruit [ ] Meat [ ] Petroleum [2] Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [ ] Cedar [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Menthol [ ]
Pineapple [ ] Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [5] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ] Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [ ] Citrus [2] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [ ] Spice [ ] Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

# Aroma: [9] (Rate the aroma from 1-10 repulsive-delightful. Use freshly crumbled bud for best results.)

# Seed content: [0] (Rate seed content from 0-10 none-fully seeded.)

# Weeks cured: [1.5] (If known enter the number of weeks your sample has been cured. If desired repeat SSR after an additional two weeks of curing.)

# Physical examination comments: Very light shade of green, and very airy buds. Trichomes covering a good 80% of the bud

# Smell: Exactly like Carrots before you break it up, then it is a citrus and fuel mix with earthy undertones.

==================================================
THE SMOKE TEST

(Address these questions while smoking.)

# (Please use a clean instrument for the evaluation. Enter information below that will identify the instrument as follows:)

Water pipe (enter bong, hooka, bubbler etc) [ ]
Vaporizer (enter the brand name) []
Pipe (size-type, ie medium-glass) [Small Glass]
Joint (enter brand of papers) [ ]
Other (specify):

# (Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the taste where a one indicates a subtle presence and a nine indicates a very pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.)

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [4] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ] Berry [ ] Floral [2] Mango [ ] Pepper [ ] Blueberry [ ] Fruit [ ] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ] Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [2] Cedar [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Menthol [ ] Pineapple [ ] Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [1] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ] Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [ ] Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [ ] Spice [ ] Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry [ ] Coffee [1] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

(If appropriate return to this question after 5-10 minutes and mark
with X any unmarked descriptors for lingering aftertaste.)

# Taste: [7] (Rate your impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant-delicious.)

# State of dryness: [8] (Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.)

# Smoke ability: [10] (Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth.)

# Smoke expansion: [2] (Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes.)

# Smoke test comments: You will take a huge hit, but even if you don't hold it in for too long, very little smoke will leave your lungs.

Taste: Citrus and Petroleum cocktail.

Effect: At first it is a very clear and uplifting High than 20 minutes later BAM it knocks you out.

FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS

(Address final questions immediately after effects have worn off.)

# Dosage: [Two hits get the job done for me, it's very creeper, so it's extremely easy to get higher than you originally wanted.] (Enter the number of hits taken to reach desired effects.)

# Effect onset: [8-9] (Rate how quickly the effect hit from 1-10 immediate-major creeper.)

# Sativa influence: [4] (Rate the sativa influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Sativa influence is best described as a clear and energetic mental effect.)

# Indica influence: [7] (Rate the indica influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Indica influence is best described as a sedative, lethargic or numbing effect that affects the body.)

# Potency [8] (Rate the potency of the sample from 0-10 none-devastating.)

# Duration [2hrs 15min.] (Indicate the number of hours the effects lasted.)

# Tolerance build up [2] (Rate how quickly tolerance builds from 0-10 none-rapid. Leave this field blank if you have not used this sample repeatedly.)

# Usability: (Rate on a scale of 1-9 where a one indicates the worst time of day to consume this strain and a nine represents the ideal time of day. Leave field(s) blank if you have not yet formed an opinion.)

Morning - wake up [1] Day - work [7] Evening - relax [9] Night - sleep [1]

# Overall satisfaction: [9] (Rate your overall satisfaction from 1-10 poor-Holy Grail.)

# Ability and conditions [6] (Rate your overall ability to judge from 1-10 low-high. Consider experience, strain familiarity, atmosphere, current tolerance and most importantly the condition and preparation of the sample.)

# Judging from the sample alone do you personally consider this
strain a keeper for long term use. [Yes, and No. It is good for special occasions, but as an all day everyday smoke, it is a little too clear in my opinion, I personally like my pot to stay in my head.]

# What effect did the strain have:
(Rate the noticable effects on a scale of 1-9 mild-severe. Take care to use the appropriate column for your response. Delete the existing space when recording your entry to maintain the columns in alignment. In all cases these casual observations should not be construed as medical advice.)

(Check [P] off if the you got a POSITIVE EFFECT and check [N] if you had a NEGATIVE EFFECT)

[X] [N] Ability to rest or sit still
[X] [N] Anxiety relief
[X] [N] Appetite
[X] [N] Audio perception
[X] [N] Humor perception
[X] [N] Imagination/creativity
[P] [X] Paranoia relief
[X] [N] Sex drive
[P] [X] Sleep
[X] [N] Pain relief
[P] [X] Speech process
[P] [X] Taste perception
[P] [X] Thought process
[X] [1] Visual perception

Final comments: I harvested a little early, so that should be taken into account when reading this report.

Sorry no full nug pics, camera broke :(

Last edited:

PleasurePoint

sounds like some nice smoke. you said you harvested early...what is the "normal" flowering time, (i will guess around 9 weeks since it's a member of the widow family) and what day/week did you pulls yours?

-peace

fatcat

Ehhh, I had some light issuses or something, because I pulled at the end of week 17, but the trichomes were still mostly clear - cloudy with very few amber. And only about 90% of the hairs were fully orange.

Last edited:
C

cookin

nice report. at the end what did you mean by a little too clear you like it too stay in your head?

S

Space Ghost

WEEK 17?!?!?!?! was it some super crazy sativa pheno? or did you mean week 7? either way, looks and sound good...

fatcat

Yeah 17 weeks, it could have been a crazy sativa pheno because this is a very energetic high with very little stone. I was expecting a one hit KO, but I'm not complaining.

Verdi99

The NIRVANA ICE I grew this past summerwas a fast finisher. I vegged it for 25 days and it finished in 8 wks. Very nice strain.Great bag appeal,the buds were orange.Potency was a good solid 8. I will definitly be growing it again.....Verdi99

A

arcticsun

a friend of mine has grown the ICE since 03' or 04' i think, its a 9 weeker every time fully ripe. he only kept one mom that he uses.

hits more direct, but doesnt have the sativa high, earthy and distinct fuel taste. i was reding and agreeing on all in this report until i read 17 weeks :O

wow i have a ssh, that takes somewhere around 110 days but whoa, thats a long long time tbh.

fatcat

no dude, i put her in bud in early june and she wasn't finished until middle september (clear trichs and all). she was vegged 2 months prior to that.

Grunt

Light contamination? Have you been in you room when its dark to check for light leaks. Could be the problem. 17wks, Even haze mixes dont take that long!

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
we grew ice years ago.. not impressed at all...HOWEVER... we also grew some of nirvana's jock horror.. WOW... it is to this day, the best weed we have grown... by far... unfort. we did not take any cuttings, and after 3 further packs of JH, never found that pheno again... yep we fuk'd up not keeping a cutting...

I grew Ice for 2 or 3 years but got rid of it to make room for my ghanni and cindy99. I thought Ice was pretty strong until I tried ghanni and Cindy as they were both stronger than both the phenos of Ice I had. Cindy is now gone to make room for a stronger buzz...sweettooth. i wasnt very impressed with Ice after seeing that there was much better available. However, I did only pop 10 seeds so maybe I just didnt get the right pheno.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I'm running a pheno of Ice that is a super loud diesel ass bitch! She's way louder than the DP WW I used to grow. Buzz isn't the strongest, but it's very good. I like it cause it's like smoking xanax! Hahaha! You don't give a shit about anything after you smoke it! Lol. It's pretty crazy. She also doesn't stretch much in flower, and growing her untopped, I get 6oz a plant. She's from Nirvana's feminized seeds.