What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone Using NPK Industries RAW line?

Granger2

Veteran
I'm using their yucca pwd. Works well. Guy at hydro store told me their ferts were organic. That was bullshit. Good luck. -granger

gardener60

RAW Line

RAW Line

I seen that video with Harley Smith. I like the fact that they are water soluble, and according to the pitch you do not have to use a lot of nutrients just small amounts. I would like to try them. I am finishing up on my GH 3 part series. What the hell why not.

Mr.Mist

Please don't use General Hydro(GH/GHE).
They've been bought by Monsanto.
Please don't support Monsanto.
They're evil!

Please don't use General Hydro(GH/GHE).
They've been bought by Monsanto.
Please don't support Monsanto.
They're evil!

This is a misinformed opinion on many levels.

#1. This thread is about RAW. Not GH.

#2. General Hydroponics was bought by Scotts. Scotts is NOT Monsanto. Scotts just bought exclusive distribution rights for consumer sales of glyphosate(Round Up).

#3. Monsanto is not evil.

#4. Regardless, you aren't supporting Monsanto by purchasing from GH.

glow

If Monsanto is evil than this is because capitalism leads itself to evil. But let's not be hypocrites because Monsanto tests its products for safety and sure the system is flawed so what we end up with is things like Round Up (Glyphosate) being called safe. Years on and when it becomes the most widely used Agrochemical on the market a couple of scientists go hang on and link it to cancer and Parkinsons. Of course scientists and particularly mung nuts with PhDs have linked all sorts of agrochemicals to cancer etc --- however, this misses the point that cancer rates have fallen dramatically in the last 50 years.

GMO is another thing and there is a lot of ignorance and fear mongering around the subject... Should any company have the right to patent genes etc?? Nope of course not but politicians allowed this. So is the company guilty of doing what its purpose is? To generate money and keep their share holders happy? Are the share holders evil? Are politicians evil (answer to that being yes!)? Point being is I laugh my arse off about weed growers who call Monsanto evil because mistakes are made. In the meantime we have hydro companies like Dutchmaster who took a banned for use on consumable crop agrochemical (Alar) and put it into a bottle and told a pack of ignorant dickheads that Superbud/phosphoload was organic and safe and then these dick heads used it and happily sold their toxic shit to med consumers.

I can't help thinking that weed growers don't have the right to take the high moral ground when it comes to calling others evil. And frankly I couldn't give a shit who bought GH because end of day there are plenty of worse companies in the hydro industry already.

glow

Ah and yeah you would have to be a complete dickhead to pay the prices that RAW are asking. Now that kind of extortion of an ignorant market place could be called evil.

BCNeil

I got the veg all in one. It's cheaper than bottled nutes because you don't pay for water, but I think still pretty pricey for dry nutes.

That being said, so far so good, plants are super healthy.
The nutes dissolve fast and with my tap goes to about 6.0 ph. Which is nice.
Smells nice too. I am not sure if I will try their bloom all in one. Maybe on a few plants.

Mr.Mist

This is a misinformed opinion on many levels.

#1. This thread is about RAW. Not GH.

#2. General Hydroponics was bought by Scotts. Scotts is NOT Monsanto. Scotts just bought exclusive distribution rights for consumer sales of glyphosate(Round Up).

#3. Monsanto is not evil.

#4. Regardless, you aren't supporting Monsanto by purchasing from GH.

#1 My comment was an answer to the comment posted by gardener60

I seen that video with Harley Smith. I like the fact that they are water soluble, and according to the pitch you do not have to use a lot of nutrients just small amounts. I would like to try them. I am finishing up on my GH 3 part series. What the hell why not.

#2 Thank you for clearing that up.

#3 Yes. Monsanto is patenting living organisms, necessary to sustain human life.
They sell a stock solution meant to be spread on vast fields, killing most organisms in the area,
leaving only genetically modified crops, thus aggravating monoculture and weakening permaculture.

#4 I got that...

Last edited:

Mr.Mist

Should any company have the right to patent genes etc??
Nope of course not but politicians allowed this. So is the company guilty of doing what its purpose is?
To generate money and keep their share holders happy? Are the share holders evil?
Are politicians evil (answer to that being yes!)?

Ultimately this question boils down to whether or not actions done in accordance with law is a factor
when determining whether or not a person or agency is being malevolent.

If you believe actions done in accordance with the law is inherently acceptable,
your moral and ethical compas is linked directly to the bureaucratic system constructed by other people.
In other words; you're so severely indoctrinated that you can not construct your own ideas of right and wrong.

Otherwise, Monsanto is an extremely malevolent agency, and people are or aren't dickheads regardless of current law.

I can't help thinking that weed growers don't have the right
to take the high moral ground when it comes to calling others evil.

Why? Is there something malevolent about growing weed?
After all this is the only factor that distinguishes them from other people.

And frankly I couldn't give a shit who bought GH because end of day
there are plenty of worse companies in the hydro industry already.

It's acceptable to be a dickhead as long as there are worse dickheads? That's a very relativistic tolerance...

<3 <3 <3

T

thesloppy

Why? Is there something malevolent about growing weed?
After all this is the only factor that distinguishes them from other people.

Just to play a bit of Devil's advocate, it seems worth mentioning that growing weed indoors with commercial organic nutrients is incredibly wasteful. Myself certainly included, so no real judgment implied...just sayin', lots of us don't put a single thought into the electricity we use directly, or the resources spent shipping shit (literally) around the world to supply us with the latest nutrients. Sometimes it does sound a little fruity to hear folks with massive warehouses full of lights, using bat/bird shit and ground-up fish & horse heads sourced from Peru, talking about all the evil them corporations are doing to the environment.

Mr.Mist

I've got no problem with the whole Devil's advocate thing, I do it all the time.. :)
However, I believe there's a rather significant difference between the following segments:

Weed growers (as mentioned by glow)

Indoor weed growers

Indoor weed growers, who use organic sourced fertilizers.

Indoor weed growers, who use organic sourced fertilizers, which has been manufactured by big fertilizer companies/conglomerates.

Indoor growers, who use organic sourced fertilizers, which has been manufactured by big fertilizer companies/conglomerates.

Agreed? Not that i don't fit the bill myself..

If I put a cannabis seed into the dirt and i water it and prune it, I'm no longer in a moral position to criticize Monsanto, GH, AN, DM, NPK Industries or other big fertilizer companies/conglomerates?

T

thesloppy

I've got no problem with the whole Devil's advocate thing, I do it all the time.. :)
However, I believe there's a rather significant difference between the following segments:

Weed growers (as mentioned by glow)

Indoor weed growers

Indoor weed growers, who use organic sourced fertilizers.

Indoor weed growers, who use organic sourced fertilizers, which has been manufactured by big fertilizer companies/conglomerates.

Indoor growers, who use organic sourced fertilizers, which has been manufactured by big fertilizer companies/conglomerates.

Agreed? Not that i don't fit the bill myself..

For sure, that's why I made sure to underline indoor and commercial. And I'm certain there are tons of folks who DO put a lot of thought and effort into growing sustainably, and even more who are starting to put at least a little bit of thought into it, but there's still an awful lot of blissfully ignorant weed growers, who are willing to point fingers at all and anything they deem 'corporate' without giving their own actual methods even the slightest thought.

I think the biggest culprit is the masses of folks who have equated "organic" with "sustainable". Folks think that if local fruits and vegetables are grown organically to be more sustainable, than logically if you grow your weed with any kind of organic nutrients you will also be growing more sustainably.....which is often the exact opposite of the case with commercial organic nutrients.

Mr.Mist

#16 I agree!

Ïf you want sustainability you should look into permaculture, unless you grow indoors, then you should look into renewable energy and compost.. :)

But as long as you're watering your crops with non-rainwater it isn't really sustainable..
Unless you reuse the wastewater in a hydroponic system..

tejashidrow

Everything on that the RAW product line is can be found for 1/4 of the cost just by doing a little google searching.
Ah and yeah you would have to be a complete dickhead to pay the prices that RAW are asking. Now that kind of extortion of an ignorant market place could be called evil......
Bump
I am useing npk raw veg, bloom, calmag, phosphorus, potasium, and big B.

Yes you can find this if you Google AND buy it in bulk.
However I am a small scale farmer and thier sizes work for me.
One can go buy a side of beef for their meat needs but most don't.
They just go to the store for thier steak and hamburgers .
At a higher price per pound....
It's called convience, stoner!!!
And I'm not a dickhead. It's the omnipotent fools who yell dickhead first.
This raw is surprising me.
Seems to be working great in my grow.
Surprised not more are useing it.
I prefer powder to bottled watered ferts.
Unlike jacks, maxibloom, hydroponic research and others, one can kinda customize to what the plant needs.
No this is not organic and I don't grow organic anymore.
But for the smaller med/ hobby farmer so far this stuff is great!!!
I may have to start my own thread cuz no one else has.
Peace and grow on
No matter how you farm

Last edited:

BCNeil

As I posted in post 11, before the nuts took over the thread.
I have used the veg formula for awhile now. Works great. As I grow in coco, haven't decided if I want to use in flower. Coco can be more finicky of you don't get the ca/mg right.

Have some formula 50 seeds that I just got going, I will take some pictures later in veg

roDDin

As I posted in post 11, before the nuts took over the thread.
I have used the veg formula for awhile now. Works great. As I grow in coco, haven't decided if I want to use in flower. Coco can be more finicky of you don't get the ca/mg right.

Have some formula 50 seeds that I just got going, I will take some pictures later in veg

Nice man. I just ordered some basic veg n bloom nutes.