What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sativas for Yield

Green Supreme

Veteran
So I have heard more than one grower say sativas are not worth growing, as yield are not worth it for the time it takes. Now I grow with a rotation so once the system requirements are met, it is just a matter of rotating the plants.

Just recently I did a Seedmans Haze that I think is a great example. I flowered her 12 weeks. She yielded 6 top like this and a myriad of crowns and smaller nugs. The nug in the pic is 42 grams dried. The top was likely 60-65 grams. I feel these people will rarely get yields like this with a kush. Sativa, sativa
, sativa. I give thanks and praises for them. Peace GS

ps. feel free to post some of your stellar sativa shots folks

pps.that's a 1.5 litre water bottle and my laptop

Attachments

• P1050123 (Large).jpg
    P1050123 (Large).jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
Agreed, properly selected hybrids and sativas definitely yield wayy better.......

Also: "Sativa is manna from heaven" - BLueGrassToker (Thanks Weird)

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello....amen...all ill say is; Blue Dream.....yields like a mofo.....running 20 in 100 gallon smarties this year!

W

willyweed

which seed bank would you get the blue dream seeds from please megayields

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I've got a few Blue Apollo beans gifted to me @ X-mas in '05, wonder when the time will feel right to sow the seed. The guy who gifted them to me made a pretty big deal of their potency, the gift/bean exchange was @ a mmj compassion site.

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
So I have heard more than one grower say sativas are not worth growing, as yield are not worth it for the time it takes. Now I grow with a rotation so once the system requirements are met, it is just a matter of rotating the plants.

Just recently I did a Seedmans Haze that I think is a great example. I flowered her 12 weeks. She yielded 6 top like this and a myriad of crowns and smaller nugs. The nug in the pic is 42 grams dried. The top was likely 60-65 grams. I feel these people will rarely get yields like this with a kush. Sativa, sativa
, sativa. I give thanks and praises for them. Peace GS

ps. feel free to post some of your stellar sativa shots folks

pps.that's a 1.5 litre water bottle and my laptop

Ok you and me are so very alike..BUT how do we get the rest of these growers to see what we see, seriously why the KUSH. It's so boring now, even the high is now boring..Being smacked in the face gets boring. I like being shot out of a cannon..LOL

peace
Chefboy

Friend

Veteran
I admit that i'm as guilty as the next guy of riding the indica train for a bit too long. As i get older, i gain more patience so sativas are starting to become more and more appealing (not that they were ever unappealing). I grew up smoking mexican weed, so why not grow some? It's definitely been a while since i felt that "brick sativa" type of high.

oldbootz

Veteran
there are many reasons to run a sativa. for me its not the yield its for the taste and especially the effect. but yea there can be some massive yielding sativas. my friend is growing a swazi tree thats 8 foot high at the moment and its not nearly finished growing. and people like kangativa show us how its done every pic they post!

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
Hawaiian snow was a great yielder for me. I was getting on average between 20-28 grams per plant in a 3/4 gallon pots. With co2 and proper conditions i was harvesting at 11 weeks sometimes 10 1/2, if the borg stayed at bay, those little fuckers love the HS.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
i've always found they yield more.. people just don't want to wait and most are after an indica dom couch locked relaxed state anyway..

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
TRUTH!!!!!

TRUTH!!!!!

View Image

20+ ounces from a 5 gallon homer which only had 4 gallons of dirt

from bagseed

WERD!!!! LOVING the 2x4 outrigger for support, did anyone else notice that?!?!?!?!?

Thanks again for making people aware of the quote by BlueGrassToker

amannamedtruth

Veteran
Got a big Chemwreck haze looks like she'll yield a pound out of 5 gal. coco, thing is that she's about 15 weeks into flower with another 3 to go at least.....

Latest posts

Latest posts