What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canon MPE 65mm Macro Images

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
@conlarazon thanks, And @Dawn Patrol, yes $$..time, patience, then more $$. You can wear a shutter out quite fast shooting thousands of frames producing hundreds of images, to load a dozen or so for the few I still see here watching, yet I still do it. Just ordered another body this week...Queen of Soul..Brothers Grimm:

Attachments

• 0475-queen-W.jpg
    0475-queen-W.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 16
  • 0501-queen-W.jpg
    0501-queen-W.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 0580-queen-W.jpg
    0580-queen-W.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 0585-queen-W.jpg
    0585-queen-W.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 0670-queen-W.jpg
    0670-queen-W.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 15

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
incredible work DD, I'm really starting to see the difference in what a quality macro lens can produce. Did my first stacked image today with picolay. Nothing to compare to yours, but I don't think its a bad start for only 8 frames and messing with the program for 20 minutes.

picture.php

What final resolution are you uploading to the mag if I might ask? :tiphat:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Dawn Patrol great to see you trying this! I upload to all websites at one side of image 12 inches and only 72dpi. So rather poor you should see the originals.. : )
Your is well done for the number of frames. You can see you have good sharpness almost all across the top few MM deep into your bud.

The most important thing is having absolutely no shake. You need to use mirror lock up or a remote shutter release. I'm using some hand made lighting now with LED lamps. Experimenting all the time because believe it or not I'm not totally happy with my macros yet. Cheers..

Dawn Patrol

Veteran
regarding resolution, that image is 4290 x 2817 after cropping and resizing. Are you saying you use a LOWER resolution??

I have a good tripod, a cheap set of rails, a budget Tokina macro lens that won't auto focus and only works at f32 and a remote shutter release.

I also have, but did not use a full set of extension rings, a macro flash ring and I'm not even sure I can lock up my mirror on my Nikon D5200

Any suggestions?

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Dawn Patrol I don't know why I never saw your reply here...I guess a year later is better than nothing? As I mentioned, I use longest side of image 12 inches and at 72 DPI for all my images all over the web. This image is lowered to that, 619 x 864.
picture.php

Dawn Patrol

Veteran
No worries my friend :biggrin: I'm still learning, practicing and playing with different things.

Always know you give me two things - the inspiration and aspiration to be on your level. Don't know that I'll ever get there, but the goal is clear.

Finally have some flowers coming down in the next couple weeks. nothing special, but new subjects to practice on and play with.

DoobieDuck, your pictures are amazing!!!
I've been drolling over this post for the last few hours. I have been researching a lot of cameras lately because I really want to get into macro photography. Looks like I'll have to save a few shackles for the 65mm canon lens, but I'll get there. I am still brand new to photography, so I have lots to learn. Is there a particular canon camera body that you recommend?
Thanks for continuing to inspire with your beautiful pictures.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
....Is there a particular canon camera body that you recommend?
Thanks for continuing to inspire with your beautiful pictures.

bladerunner thanks, I shoot the ones you have been seeing with several canon bodies. D50 an EOS M, I don't use my MKII for this as the shutter count I'm saving for something else. Imagine shooting 20 images in an afternoon at 100 frames each, do that for a couple months. or as much as I do and you'll wear out a shutter. Have I done that, no not yet, but foresee it sometime in the near future.

Farmer Joe, anyone know him, please send him by for a look at these. This seed was gifted and to be from Farmer Joe, his Black Rose x Flo F9s. Enjoy always...DD

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those purple stalks are just an awesome capture. Especially since they are mature glands at that. How's that one smell??? :respect:

dank.Frank

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those purple stalks are just an awesome capture. Especially since they are mature glands at that. How's that one smell??? :respect:
dank.Frank

Thank you, smell was enticing, dank, like many purples but real sweet as well.

Here's a little of my breeding work.

Doobies Midnight Biscuit=((Doobies Midnight Blackberry=(Midnight Snow x Blk Berry Rose)x((Pink Biscuit) (Pink Lemonade x Gorilla Biscuit))

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seed Junkie genetics Kush Cake rockin the resins, fine art cannabis...Paddi, Teresa..many thanks for saying hey...

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Organic Man on the Mountain genetics, Dabmans Slypie Express showin off her resins again. Don't pass on these popcorn buds friends...DD

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Never have any rep when I need it. Your photographs are always incredible Doobie. This one reminds me of 2 tentacle aliens hi-fiving.

picture.php