What's new

pregnant women and vaping?

!PeAcE!

i have done tons of "google research" on the topic. what is your opinions on this topic has anyones wife here vaped during pregnancy? ang again VAPED..not smoked, I think smoking anything during pregnancy is bad but vaping doesnt seem as bad....or is it just me.

J

juicepuddle

Hey sorry I havent looked up or heard anything on this subject(Vaping vs Smoking in this scenario) But I would say that I myself would not risk it, until you have some proof YOU can trust saying it isnt bad I would just tell her to abstain man, think about the kid.

That said I will agree with you, it does seem less bad in terms of the actual intake, however there are a lot of aspects of MJ that we do not know, so yeah keep that in mind.

Good luck!! :dance013:

I

Iron_Lion

I dont think it would be a prolem, vaping removes any possible bad junk there might be, smoking organic bud would make it even more healthy. It seems like more of a moral issue, there are a lot of thick headed people in this world that do not understand loogic and might call child services so I wouldnt tell too many people about it.

Here is a link to an article I found directly pertaining to marijuana and pregnancy

http://www.scribd.com/doc/43233891/Health-Effects-of-Marijuana-on-Pregnancy-and-Fertility

Last edited:

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It depends on how you feel about incubating babies getting loaded. Whatever goes into her system is going to be shared by the baby. I think mj is pretty harmless, but I sure wouldn't go that far!

B

BigTex

My mom toked it up when she was pregnant with me in the early 70's and I turned out ok, but now day if the mom or the baby test positive for MJ or drugs (any time blood is drawn) you'll find yourself involved with child protective services and someone else may be taking your new baby home from the hospital......just something to think about!

Mr Pink

Talk about synchronized thoughts, I was wondering about the precise same thing yesterday and thought about starting a thread.

My initial assumptions are the same as yours, the main dilemna I see is do you want to submit your future baby to anything that's psychoactive? Even if it's physiologically safe, you're still imposing it on the fetus...

M

mGeRxOiWcEaRn

This is a baby's life you're dealing with, I personally would not take any chances. Although there is no proven links to birth defects caused by MJ, and I have known people who smoked during pregnancy and their kids are fine, I wouldn't risk it.

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Smoking during pregnancy is safer than inhaling cleaning chemicals, being around a smoker, drinking, taking prescription drugs(they will prescribe tons of drugs to a preggo chick). Smoking during pregnancy is safer than getting in your car and going to the store. To each his own, but the human endo-cannabanoid system is a major stress combator. Adding cannabanoids isn't as invasive as people want to think. New research is finding that stress is one of the biggest causes of misscarriage and health problems during pregnancy. In my opinion...risking losing your baby in the first trimester because you can't hydrate or nourish is foolish if you don't have to go there. Take it from someone who's seriously pregnant and involved in multiple online preggo forums, us women support cannabis during pregnancy...I'd say about 7-8 out of 10 from what I can see.

We've been doing this for thousands of years. Let nature take care of women, not hospitals and Big Pharma. You would think that smoking/vaping is waaaaaay better than taking Zofran, Vicodin, Diflucan(can cause limb deformation), Sudafed, Flexeril, Barbituates, Unisom(diphenhydramine is nasty shit), Tylenol(pickles Mom's liver...what about a tiny fetus?), Imitrex....the list goes on. Dr. will give pregnant women shit that warns of possible devastating side affects....and it is done every day. In my honest opinion, vape over taking ANY drug including Tylenol!!!!!! I've done research for a long time and I've come to the conclusion I've made the right choice. I'm also a MMJ patient who put the Flexeril, Migraine barbituates, Tylenol and Unisom up for the duration of my pregnancy..... I've had a remarkable pregnancy, my son is soooo healthy and strong.

Think about the propaganda people....of course pregnancy is a way to scare people into believing the war on weed is legit. Fair studies have been suppressed...and it's all over money, we don't need to go into that. We all know the history on marijuana and why it's illeagal.

Chemicalized food from McDonalds is more harmful to a baby than MMJ. There is also a lot of research linking cannabis smoking to healthier babies. Now is the time in society where we will see more FAIR studies being done on cannabis use in pregnant mothers. I personally, have had a happier, healthier pregnancy than I would have if I hadn't used MMJ.

Until you have been pregnant and know how hard it is on the female system, please keep you thoughts open and productive. We think taking MMJ from a MS patient would be wrong....try being pregnant. Very, very few women have a symptom free pregnancy where they are comfortable, can keep food down and health issues in check. Please have some compassion for pregnant women as well. I can tell you....this is HELL on your body. Sciatica, nausea, lack of appetite, cramping, leg pain, back pain, migraines....it's not easy!!!

The AMA says preggo chicks can take Vicodin and be fiiiiine:D Who do you want to believe? Women....or Big Pharma? Do the research and form your own opinions. This is what I had to offer the thread....I hope it helps.

Oh....and yeah, vape over smoke....definitely a bonus.

J

juicepuddle

Smoking during pregnancy is safer than inhaling cleaning chemicals, being around a smoker, drinking, taking prescription drugs(they will prescribe tons of drugs to a preggo chick). Smoking during pregnancy is safer than getting in your car and going to the store.

Just have to point out this is opinion not fact, alot of gullible people on the net.

Even old scientific data today is being dismissed as false, just have to say that even if there is data you could simply be looking at someones opinion, someone who would lie to get shit published.

Remember that you might be relying on someone to inform you, but that baby is relying on you to get the right info and not force it to be high.

Making my friends toke with me wouldnt hurt them, it might even make them happy, but if they dont want to, I respect that.

J

juicepuddle

Here is another link I found on the subject, I trust this source more than the link I posted earlier. Also look up Dr. Lester Grinspoon he is one MD that is right on board with medical use of MJ.

http://patients4medicalmarijuana.wordpress.com/marijuana-info/marijuana-during-pregnancy/

Only problem I have with this at first glance is, where the kids who had no THC during pregnancy raised by people who dont smoke? All I am saying is of course there would be differences in the children, especially if one group of the kids all had parents who didnt smoke and the other kids did.

What ever happened to transparency in stuff? I could just suck at reading but I didnt see actual info about the groups of kids, just that the kids whos parents smoked didnt get bugged by stress and were more organized?

They said there was no difference noticed until now, age 5. How do we know at age 10 the kids whos parents smoked arent going to have problems or something that separates them even more from their peers.

sac beh

Smoking during pregnancy is safer than inhaling cleaning chemicals, being around a smoker, drinking, taking prescription drugs(they will prescribe tons of drugs to a preggo chick). Smoking during pregnancy is safer than getting in your car and going to the store. To each his own, but the human endo-cannabanoid system is a major stress combator. Adding cannabanoids isn't as invasive as people want to think. New research is finding that stress is one of the biggest causes of misscarriage and health problems during pregnancy. In my opinion...risking losing your baby in the first trimester because you can't hydrate or nourish is foolish if you don't have to go there. Take it from someone who's seriously pregnant and involved in multiple online preggo forums, us women support cannabis during pregnancy...I'd say about 7-8 out of 10 from what I can see.

Great post, Miss Blunted. My research into the topic brings me to pretty much the same conclusion. One of the more famous studies that people reference on the topic of cannabis use and pregnancy is the study of pregnancy outcomes of using vs. non-using mothers in rural Jamaica. The results show no difference between the two, except for a few areas in which the babies of using mothers were found to be better.

http://www.druglibrary.org/Schaffer/hemp/medical/can-babies.htm

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Just have to point out this is opinion not fact, alot of gullible people on the net.

Even old scientific data today is being dismissed as false, just have to say that even if there is data you could simply be looking at someones opinion, someone who would lie to get shit published.

Remember that you might be relying on someone to inform you, but that baby is relying on you to get the right info and not force it to be high.

Making my friends toke with me wouldnt hurt them, it might even make them happy, but if they dont want to, I respect that.

Well, my son and I are in a study that follows us from day one until he's five years old...basically the point is to link how I lived with how he developes. So, we'll see....

Sorry, but you're comments are offensive too. You sound like you are far less informed than I've made it a point to be during my pregnancy. If you believe the bullshit, then you better believe that your DNA is fucked from smoking weed and if you ever get a woman pregnant, you fucked that kid over by smoking weed. That's as ignorant as your comment about "relying on info., but my baby relying on me to not be FORCED to get high."

I rely on gut instinct, knowledge and my own fucking will to read everything and form an opinion. And yeah....there IS evidence with every pharmaceutical drug pointing out side affects. None for MJ:D

It comes down to this....the evidence is in the babies. Millions are born healthy to smoking mothers AND non-smoking mothers. It is all about your decisions as a Mother....and I can tell you this as fact......MOST of us Mothers would do anything for our babies. I did state that you have to do the research and form your own opinion. If anyone wants to use me as a source, I'm always here....I've read and read and read and I'm also a MMJ patient with a picture-perfect pregnancy, as far as a healthy boy in the oven goes.

....in addition, I had no intention of using cannabis when I first learned I was pregnant. I was so ill I was near hospitalization a few times. I even took Zofran so I could eat and drink for about a week. Then, I read more and decided that cannabis was the best medicine for me to stay out of the hospital, hooked up to IVs to get fluid in me. Once you get that dehydrated and malnourished....baby is in trouble.

Last edited:
J

juicepuddle

Well, my son and I are in a study that follows us from day one until he's five years old...basically the point is to link how I lived with how he developes. So, we'll see....

Sorry, but you're comments are offensive too. You sound like you are far less informed than I've made it a point to be during my pregnancy. If you believe the bullshit, then you better believe that your DNA is fucked from smoking weed and if you ever get a woman pregnant, you fucked that kid over by smoking weed. That's as ignorant as your comment about "relying on info., but my baby relying on me to not be FORCED to get high."

I rely on gut instinct, knowledge and my own fucking will to read everything and form an opinion. And yeah....there IS evidence with every pharmaceutical drug pointing out side affects. None for MJ:D

It comes down to this....the evidence is in the babies. Millions are born healthy to smoking mothers AND non-smoking mothers. It is all about your decisions as a Mother....and I can tell you this as fact......MOST of us Mothers would do anything for our babies. I did state that you have to do the research and form your own opinion. If anyone wants to use me as a source, I'm always here....I've read and read and read and I'm also a MMJ patient with a picture-perfect pregnancy, as far as a healthy boy in the oven goes.

....in addition, I had no intention of using cannabis when I first learned I was pregnant. I was so ill I was near hospitalization a few times. I even took Zofran so I could eat and drink for about a week. Then, I read more and decided that cannabis was the best medicine for me to stay out of the hospital, hooked up to IVs to get fluid in me. Once you get that dehydrated and malnourished....baby is in trouble.

Not trying to be offensive, you take anger from it if you want, I am just trying to make people realize alot of whats passed as truth can be people trying to get THEIR opinion into others.

I did post this as well but I am sure you didnt see something to complain about
Hey sorry I havent looked up or heard anything on this subject(Vaping vs Smoking in this scenario) But I would say that I myself would not risk it, until you have some proof YOU can trust saying it isnt bad I would just tell her to abstain man, think about the kid.

I can have an opinion without searching high and low, sorry if you disagree.

I simply want people to think about the kid. Yeah putting THC in it might not be harmful, BUT ITS NOT YOUR BODY.

To me its like getting a vaccine, yeah it might not be harmful, it might even help me! But its my body.

Sorry if I offended you, I will get better at posting as time goes on, thanks for the truthful advice.

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
^It's not hard to offend a Momma when she's pregnant and it's the baby's safety in question. Don't worry about it. I also tried to word my post as "in my opinion" and "of my readings and experience". It's definitely a personal choice...it's the Mommy's job to read, read, read....and of course, baby comes first.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think in moderation, smoking or vaping a little during pregnancy is pretty harmless and as mrs B says it is a big stress reliever - and stress is dangerous to babys and pregnant women, and everyone in fact. also happiness during pregnancy influences the child's development, so a little of what you fancy isnt necessarily a bad thing as long as it's not in excess.
my wife smoked a little in pregnancy and had the odd glass of wine. both of our kids are smart and beautiful (not that it proves anything)

VG

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
Yeah, one case does not a study make. I smoked cigarettes for a bunch of years and didn't get cancer. Can I now say that smoking cigarettes doesn't cause cancer? There would have to be a study of a multitude of cases over decades to make any declarative statements with any legitimacy.

sac beh

Miss Blunted, what's your experience with health care providers and how they view your marijuana use while pregnant? Have you found any legal issues to be worried about concerning your right to use MMJ while pregnant (other than the standard ones that apply to anyone smokes)?