What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Haven't smoked in a few days

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
I've been smoking weed for years but the past year I've been smoking daily. I stopped a few days ago. I'm not sure why I stopped, I say it's because I have a harvest coming up in a few weeks and would like to tone down my tolerance, but I also wanted to see what sober life is like.

The first day was boring but I have had no other withdrawal symptoms. Being sober is very very different from smoking daily but I can't quite put my finger on why. It's like trying to explain what being high is like.

Ironically I noticed I'm way more active here and I tend more to my grow.

Not exactly sure what's different though!

B

blackburngrower

the longer you leave it till you have a smoke the better the high will be i try and quit for a few weeks every now and again then when you do have a smoke its like when you first started smoking weed

THC123

Veteran
i often quit to keep enjoying being high ,

time just passes differrently sober , you are more on auto pilot and think less about stuff and just do it(in my case)

TwoOhSix!

I like catching up on my reading during breaks. I suck at reading while high, dunno how some people do it. Most I wanna read is a few threads on icmag when im blazed

SuperConductor

Veteran
Not exactly sure what's different though!

It's really simple, you're not high :tiphat:

Seriously though isn't it funny how few withdrawal symptoms there are for such a supposedly addictive drug? Some of the crap you read on here about withdrawal is ridiculous, yours is the most honest report i've read on the subject.

ZoSo

It's really simple, you're not high :tiphat:

Seriously though isn't it funny how few withdrawal symptoms there are for such a supposedly addictive drug? Some of the crap you read on here about withdrawal is ridiculous, yours is the most honest report i've read on the subject.

As I'm sure has been stated before, withdrawal symptoms from weed are mainly a cause of pre-existing mental or emotional conditions.

I've had times in my life when it was hard to stop smoking weed. Losing your father young will do that. But nowadays I'm pretty normal up there. :dance013:

Regardless, it's still not physically addicting so you aren't gonna rage at people like with cigs or get the shakes like with alcohol.

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
As I'm sure has been stated before, withdrawal symptoms from weed are mainly a cause of pre-existing mental or emotional conditions.

I've had times in my life when it was hard to stop smoking weed. Losing your father young will do that. But nowadays I'm pretty normal up there. :dance013:

Regardless, it's still not physically addicting so you aren't gonna rage at people like with cigs or get the shakes like with alcohol.

Cigs are physically addicting,but they arent physically addicting like opiates and alcohol can be.Atleast not the being real fucking sick part.

People allways talking about MJ being physically addicting have never probably had a real physical addiction.

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
Try taking a few months off and see what happens then.

This year from April 1 to July 1, I quit smoking herbs and it was wild my first time back on July 1.

My tolerance was low low low low low...I got baked off my ass in 1 hit..2 hits forget about it..a whole bowl and I was completely obliterated!

R

rocky5

i would idealy like to smoke only twice a week.
the problem is,my wife smokes daily so if shes smoking so am i.
i also find i have more time for my plants when im not smoking
or if im smoking every day its a case of-it can wait till tommorow.
i know i have to be more diciplined,but jars of bud every where crying to be opend,
it might change the longer i grow.

Just took an involuntary few months off myself. I can say it made no difference. Once in a while I would have liked a joint. But - now back to smoking every day all day. Its better.

I threw my back out coughing on my morning bowl the other day, which gave me a severe backache, and a medical need for more marijuana. Like all good things... it causes pain, and heals it. :)

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
i have not pufffed in a few months and i am ready to knock the fuck outta the man who dares enter my cage.. :D

ambition

"As I'm sure has been stated before, withdrawal symptoms from weed are mainly a cause of pre-existing mental or emotional conditions."

What do you base this commentary on? Certainly not science or anything objective. I'm not attacking you for having an opinion, but you presented your opinion- which is clearly rooted in nothing objective-as a self-evident fact to an open message that could be home to lurking, impressionable young people. I think that's lame.

ZoSo

What exactly is so wrong about what I said?

I'm not saying it's an undisputed fact. But last time I came across this subject it was the accepted conclusion and my own experiences have confirmed it.

El Toker

I've smoked daily for the best part of 25 years. If anyone was going to be addicted to weed, it would be me. However, I regularly take a couple of weeks off when I go abroad, and the only thing that happens is that I seem to have much more vivid dreams for the first few days.

I've got friends who smoke (nearly) as much as me, they are also able to stop the weed when they need to.

There's been lots of studies trying to identify cannabis addiction and failing. So much so that even the anti-cannabis lobby have abandoned that and gone down the "reefer madness" route.

Lots of people mix their weed with tobacco though, and end up getting "accidentally" addicted to nicotine without realising it. That happened to me and at least one close friend.

I honestly don't think that addiction is an issue with cannabis use.

El Toker

What do you base this commentary on? Certainly not science or anything objective.
I don't know what the OP based that comment on, but I agree with him based on having been a mental health professional with years of training and clinical experience in acute psychiatry.

I'm not attacking you for having an opinion, but you presented your opinion- which is clearly rooted in nothing objective-as a self-evident fact to an open message that could be home to lurking, impressionable young people. I think that's lame.
I don't think it's for you to say what the truth is and what "young impressionable people" should be allowed to hear.

Latest posts

Latest posts