What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weed that makes you quiet/introverted

Snypette

Veteran
When i first started smoking i smoked a bunch of blunts everyday with different people, and never had a negative experience. Since i started growing when i smoke with people i get really anxious sometimes. I know this is because i feel self conscious around people who don't know i grow.. growing and everything plant is such a huge part of my life i'll be worried i'll say something i shouldn't. Because of this when i'm with people who don't know, i'll only smoke half the joint. This can happen to me with any strain. Shit sucks, i used to be able to say 'i've never turned down a hit' , not anymore.
But,. if i'm smoking with snype or my best friend i'll never have feelings like that because they both know everything and there's nothing to hide from either of them. Oh and if i was with say a bunch of drunk people, i would feel at ease.. no threat there:)

SuperConductor

Veteran
Anything that *doesn't* make me quiet and introverted seems to give me anxiety. Or to be more precise, I already have Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and quiet/introverted smoke helps me with it, while many Sativas and more 'extroverted' smoke can exacerbate my anxiety.

I have problems with anxiety too, instead of seeing it as anxiety I try to look at it as unused or blocked energy (not the chi type the kinetic type) when you don't use this energy anxiety manifests. If when you felt it building you were to go and do something physical, anything even going for a walk, the anxiety magically disperses. So in other words sitting on your ass is what causes anxiety when smoking sativas+hybrids lol

why would anyone neg rep Desant? His statement is relevant.

Possibly something to do with the second part of his post, etheric implants etc.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Smoking doesnt necessarily make me introverted, but a lot of times makes me think before i speak. I say less stuff but with more thought in it. Other times it makes me a damn comedian.

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
I don't think this issue necessarily correlates to the amount smoked but more to the set, setting and ratio of cannabinoids in the strain. My friends and I chain smoke. We're always high.. all day, everyday. Literally sometimes. Smoking different strains brings out the obvious differences in those strains.

In my experience, haze-dom strains bring out introverted behavior more than anything else. Probably because these strains exasperate anxiety. Though I've had very motivating/socializing/heady sativas that also made me more confident. Indicas give me a body high and no matter how blasted I am, even if I can't move a limb, I'll still be able to socialize just fine.

DirtDevil

i am very quite when high, i have anxiety, some weed makes it worse, I noticed that sour diesel doesnt though, certain weed makes my anxiety worse, some strains help it.

Mean_Green

Hello all

Hello all

Sativas are for creative minded people. Creative minded people that want to achieve greatness are often introverted. If you smoke a good sativa and don't want to be social, maybe it is doing it for a reason. Maybe this is how you will start to paint your masterpieces, solve complex math problems, or master your guitar solos. Friends can't do that for you....

^^^This is probably the best post in this thread IMHO. Smoking makes me start thinking alot and I have actually come up with great ideas/inventions/products (even when i review what i wrote or drew when i'm not high). It makes me think "outside the box" so to speak. Dont know why but I love it. I think i've only experienced what you all are talking about maybe twice. One when I vaped for the first time(man that was a lil weird but I still kinda enjoyed it. I was just REALLY high/ outta my mind so i just shut the fuck up. I mean weed HONESTLY makes me think creatively. I already consider myself as being an Entrepreneurial person and that just helps it to the next level. Also I dont like to refer to myself as being HIGH, I like to just say "I'm just chillin" ANYONE else?

P.S. You guys rock. Keep it up.

P.S.S. A few beers also seems to work as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts