What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Activated Carbon Filtered Joints

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
i just ordered a ehle 500ml ice bong with diffuser and a AC filter. i cant wait to try it.
when i take some monster rips i sometimes get resin on my teeth from all the smoke, i bet this will prevent that!

Yuck I hate that.. AC is a wonder it works great.. Enjoy your new bong.. :rasta:

opt1c

Veteran
i have the roor attachment; changes the taste of the smoke but keeps the glass SUPER clean; no resin gets through unless the ac has reached critical mass and needs to be changed out

picture.php

G

grasspass

However you use the carbon, make sure the carbon dust does not make it to your lungs. Remember coal miners used to get black lung disease from breathing too much coal dust.

F

farmerred

I'd like to see you burn pure carbon or AC! When you burn somthing, you leave mostly carbon behind (ash). Water fixes the black lung issue, but I could see loose carbon in doob filters being a little on the unsafe side. You would have to inhale a lot of those to match the coal miners' intake of a much filthier coal dust that contains nasty oils. Breathing to much of any particulate matter is bad for the lungs, especially the dust polluted air in your home. Someone has to have more info from trial and error to let us know specifically what difference this makes. If I had some bud to go with my AC I'd do a report for your guys. Anyone wanna give it a try and report back? Could benefit a lot of people.