What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C5 x Malawi R+D

G

6 weeks 11/13

VbKhmzl.jpg
GMMmYi6.jpg
QuJfzjD.jpg
LmdCFgz.jpg
qvTpmk4.jpg

G

Hello Fronk!Yeah she took her sweet time but she's starting!Biggest plant ever indoors for me .

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Syd for sharing with us your progress with the new C5 Haze x Malawi cross :)
Hope she flowers abundantly now she has reached her sexual maturity.

G

Thanks a lot Koon!I h?pe I can handle her,it's getting dangerous!

Dubi I expected her a couple weeks faster ! Not complaining at all,hope to find something mindblowing off her! Yes I guess she should start filling out pretty soon from now on.(I hope haha)

Is it the New or the Old Killer Malawi used in this cross?

G

8 weeks from flip

8 weeks from flip

Thank you Dubi!

Looks like we got 6-8 weeks ahead of us with this monster.

7PCNjM8.jpg
JczvQUQ.jpg
pVtpSA1.jpg
VWbk1jK.jpg
yDc6BzG.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely friend ;) Is she finally catching up with the flower production ?

G

Thanks Dubi!
Yes she's bulking up nicely ,smelling like dutch incensey Haze ,no citrus and on the gentle side.She's got a few tops very close to the led panel causing some bleaching,I will harvest the Juanita x Panama(she really bullied the plants next to her!) in the next week and bend this one a little more.Looks like 4-5 more weeks or sth...Already almost at 11 weeks 11/13.This looked very C5 dom to me,although now I think I'm seeing some malawi pistils and calyxes.Good pics are hard to get but I will take some more in the next days with light corrected.

Just for the record...

NWVO9Xx.jpg
iO9CvK6.jpg

CyO4hgO.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Budsites everywhere! :D Thanks a lot for the update! Interesting you mention she smells like Dutch Haze (incensey you mean?) but not citrus, since C5 mother is very citrus Thai smelling and not very incensey.

G

Yeah I know I got some C5 crosses this round and from coffeeshop experience I think I understand the C5 terps that's why I specified.Yes no lemon at all,more like Jack Herer/SSH incense without the lemon if that makes sense,not the dark incense of A5 or the meaty incense of OTH or Kali China...I hope I'm making sense cause my smell sense makes very weird associations hehe.All those make the room smell incensey later,the dark notes give more frankincense ...I hate I'm describing as "incense"a range of smells but they really do carry the same backbone to my nose and assosiated only with haze crosses.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
It totally makes sense Syd :) Very happy to hear your C5 x Malawi smells hazy despite C5 is not loud incensey, hope this will translate later into an incensey smoke after harvest, but guess it's too early to know. You have wide experience with incensey strains so we will know later for sure.

OZZ_

Veteran
Amazing work syd! She’s a monster, love her structure.

All these haze crosses from Ace are very interesting to me.

I’d like to study up on the differences between the different hazes. The A5, the C5, etc etc. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I’m sure it’s all been talked about here somewhere on the forums just not exactly sure where to look. Searches are kind of hit or miss so far

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
the "question for sam" haze thread has a lot of good haze info, but it's a STUPID crazy amount of reading... honestly, i've learned a decent amount just from reading through the ace subforum (a lot... i think i have an addiction).

the mr nice forum has a lot of posts by the haze legend himself, nevil schoenmaker, although i've only searched through a tiny amount i'm sure there's plenty to be found there.

G

Hey @OZZ

Just few info ,you can search deeper if you want.

About Hazes

Originally Posted by Nevil
After the first batch of '69 Haze seeds only produced 1 plant, I decided to plant the rest. This produced 5 plants A,B,C,D and E.
Plants B,D and E were females, of which B was the best. I tried all possible combinations and the best was B x C. BC was actually grown commercially alongside 5HzC1, so it was a 10/11 week plant. This fact alone indicated that HzB was a Haze Hybrid to something early. I suspect that most of BC's quality came from Dad.
I planted the rest of the old seeds. One came out. O for Omega. It was a 1970 seed. I suspected that it was only 25% Haze with one parent being Indica. It too did not really pan out.
The males were the "goods". Without those two plants, I think that all would have been lost. If I'd only kept a cutting of the first female, whose genotype was closer to male A. I'm start to get that sad feeling again.

Ah well, you can be thankful that the seeds fell into my hands, otherwise you wouldn't know what I'm talking about.
N.

Here too
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6625178&postcount=175

Mine is at 12 weeks now ,looking that can go easily another 4...

Rjg5n1e.jpg

I ve been cutting back a bit on her feeding so she wonpt be getting too comfortable...Leaves too close to leds have yellowed,buds seem ok.I will probably be able to bend tops a bit in the coming weeks.

I hope she'll be good cause there's gonna be a LOT of her :D

OZZ_

Veteran
Hey @OZZ

About Hazes

After the first batch of '69 Haze seeds only produced 1 plant, I decided to plant the rest. This produced 5 plants A,B,C,D and E.
Plants B,D and E were females, of which B was the best. I tried all possible combinations and the best was B x C. BC was actually grown commercially alongside 5HzC1, so it was a 10/11 week plant. This fact alone indicated that HzB was a Haze Hybrid to something early. I suspect that most of BC's quality came from Dad.
I planted the rest of the old seeds. One came out. O for Omega. It was a 1970 seed. I suspected that it was only 25% Haze with one parent being Indica. It too did not really pan out.
The males were the "goods". Without those two plants, I think that all would have been lost. If I'd only kept a cutting of the first female, whose genotype was closer to male A. I'm start to get that sad feeling again.

Ah well, you can be thankful that the seeds fell into my hands, otherwise you wouldn't know what I'm talking about.
N.

Here too

View Image

I ve been cutting back a bit on her feeding so she wonpt be getting too comfortable...Leaves too close to leds have yellowed,buds seem ok.I will probably be able to bend tops a bit in the coming weeks.

Perfect! Thanks Syd... Heading to the link now to do some reading. I know I’ve stumbled across a breakdown posted by Dubi somewhere here in the ace forum but I can’t remember where I saw the info and I think it was buried in one of the sticky threads. Without even remembering which one it was in I have no clue where to look for it lol.

Appreciate the help gents! Your C5/Malawi looking outstanding my friend. :good:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey @OZZ

About Hazes

N.

Here too

View Image

I hope she'll be good cause there's gonna be a LOT of her :D

Beefing up lovely nice job Syd :good:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
She is taking its sweet time Syd, but usually phenos that take longer than 3 months of flowering have a good dose of Haze influence.
Really curious to follow how she is going to progress in her last month of flowering as it's going to be the most explosive moment of flowering.

Hope you have had a great Xmas time with your beloved ones :)

Latest posts

Latest posts