What's new

Contra D - Chem D x C4DD - Info and grow-along.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds good and looks great ! , certainly sounds like the terp profile will be different from my pheno too... and you are right it looks like it might flower for longer..
VG

Sub24ox7

Click image for larger version  Name:	411B162D-076D-4149-99AE-02C9C1C0B88C.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	77.5 KB ID:	18024677
Click image for larger version  Name:	A1758A5E-E705-4F2F-B433-60D1548088AB.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	110.5 KB ID:	18024678
Contra D: smells so fetid like death ☠️
having trouble getting her cuttings to root sigh.

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow, that is quite a plant and the top cola is impressive... with still a way to go by the looks of it.
🍿
VG

Sub24ox7

VerdantGreen i believe it’s been 57 days today so yes.
and it was on 11 on 13 off in that room.
i having successfully taken clones via aero cloner with sooo many varieties but this one will not root. Will possibly try a reveg and cut back the rootball after harvest.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
VerdantGreen i believe it’s been 57 days today so yes.
and it was on 11 on 13 off in that room.
i having successfully taken clones via aero cloner with sooo many varieties but this one will not root. Will possibly try a reveg and cut back the rootball after harvest.

yes that might work, i did that with one of my contra girls that i kept.. certainly cutting back the rootball helps, and it looks like there is some green foliage down at the base too.
really interesting looking plant..
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks so exotic ! is that 67 days from it showing sex or 12/12? . some of its look reminds me of tropical sats or haze... that 'silvery' look, the calyx/bud structure and it kind of looks like it will keep on growing forever, you might need to starve it ripe lol.
and i love that little curly chem leaf right near the top of the cola !
VG :tiphat:

Sub24ox7

Yea I’m not going to feed anymore. I agree this should help to try and get it to finish up. It was already sexed but is a seed plant and I think it’s been 68 days since I threw it in a room that is 11/13.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
interesting Sub24ox7 , i found the contras were pretty quick to show sex, and before i'd put them in 12/12 too... that doesn't normally happen for me.
and yes i'd forgotten about th 11/13 ! that would strengthen the flowering response so this really is quite a long flowering pheno...

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's Good to hear Sub24ox7 - i found the same... Piney, mine smelt of solvents too, and VERY moreish. I have quite a few jars of good stuff but when the Contra D is full i reach for that quite often !

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i ran a couple of the Contra D (same clones as the test grow) in 25 litre pots - full grow here:

they actually looked a bit hungry in early flower - vigor caught me by surprise - but still looked damned decent at the end:
Pics from about 7 weeks
Contracaboff7wks.jpg
contranug1@7.jpg
contranug2@7.jpg
contranug3@7.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, ive sent some packs of the Contra D to seedbay/boutique/real gorilla. Previously only available as part of the Chem Kits
These may be the only batch of packs that gets sent in before i take this to F2, so if you want them, get them :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow @Wotcha ! can't wait to see what you get with all those, and i've got to pop some contra to make F2s soon so it will give me some useful pointers.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
for anyone interested, @Wotcha is running a grow thread over at OG for his Contra D and C4DD4 grow - check it out !

out of 20 Contra D he got 5 small runty li'l D plants and 15 Big D plants ! exactly 25/75% !
( which supports my idea that the 'stunted' genes from the Chem D have segregated into the 25% and are not present in the 75% )

Latest posts

Latest posts