What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Favorite grow podcasts old or new

Hookahhead

Hey all, I wanted to share a service I recently discovered.

Check out https://www.listennotes.com

It’s a search engine for podcasts episodes. It allows you to search for something like “cannabis” or “lactobacillus” and find individual episodes relating to the search topic. This is a game changer for me, as it was hard for me to find podcasts discussing specific topics I was interested in. I hope it helps, let us know if you find anything interesting!!

Edit: Be sure to select a language in the filter after your search.

Last edited:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Hey all, I wanted to share a service I recently discovered.

Check out https://www.listennotes.com

It’s a search engine for podcasts episodes. It allows you to search for something like “cannabis” or “lactobacillus” and find individual episodes relating to the search topic. This is a game changer for me, as it was hard for me to find podcasts discussing specific topics I was interested in. I hope it helps, let us know if you find anything interesting!!

Edit: Be sure to select a language in the filter after your search.

Awesome Hook!
One question tho. Who writes the descriptions for the episodes? Hopefully they aren't using the descriptions wrote by the podcast makers.
Alot of times they don't include a description with the episodes.
Sounds like an awesome idea.. gonna check it out and later.
Thanks for the tip!
:tiphat:

Hookahhead

Yeah I’m pretty sure that the search engine is just using the meta data from the podcast itself, so if the search term is not in the title or description, the results will not include those as far as I’m aware.

I was frustrated that the iPhone podcast app only searches for podcast names as far as I could tell. I was not able to search the episode titles or descriptions, so finding pertinent podcasts was a long and fairly non productive process. A quick search turned up listennotes, there are probably similar services out there. I have been using it all day today and enjoy it, it also opens up the possibility of podcasts that aren’t included on the Apple app.

Edit: Apparently I was wrong and I’m just older than I want to admit haha. The apple app provides the episodes too, I guess I never scrolled past the listed shows despite wanting this option for a while now..

Hookahhead

On a newer episode of shaping fire, “Supplemental Insights for Successful Korean Natural Farming with Drake” they mention Drake’s podcast Microbial Secret Society Podcast. Not specifically cannabis related and I can’t say I’m into every episode, but a few topics caught my interest.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I've been slacking on my podcasts. I mainly listened when in my truck driving to work but I had to quit my job for family reasons.

I still listen to Dude Grows, Growcast, Adam Dunn, Matt Riot, and Growing With My Fellow Growers. Grow from your heart, and Shaping Fire

The host of Homegrown Helpers Rob Smith passed away. He was also the owner of the Atlas Plant Trainer and a producer on GrowCast.

Hookahhead

Yeah I’m kinda in the same boat. I used to be in to work an hour before anyone else, so I always had a nice 45 min for podcasts. I’ve moved back to the US and I’m currently unemployed, so I have a backlog of podcasts to catch up on. Fortunately today I have a bit of a drive (for a job interview), so I needed to find something to listen to.

Here’s my list in no particular order, I prefer the episodes that discuss real science. Stuff like Adam Dunn and Dude Grows are my last resort as it’s a lot of chatter with few morsels thrown in.

• Growing with fishes (aquaponics themed)
  • Grow from your heart
  • The pot cast (great interviews)
  • Cannabis cultivation and science
  • Shaping fire
  • Growcast
  • Dude grows
  • Homegrown helpers (sad about Rob)
  • Great moments in weed history
  • Curious about cannabis (pending review)

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Here's a good video about bro science vs real science.
Linda Chalker-Scott knows her shit.
Clackamas Coot is on the talk too.
[YOUTUBEIF]https://youtu.be/6FUItESzaXY[/YOUTUBEIF]

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
My newest favorite pod cast is feared more towards cannabis history and breeding.
BREEDERS SYNDICATE by Matt Riot and Notsodog.
Excellent show. There's plenty to learn.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
+ 1 for Bruce Bugbee. Fantastic videos.

The worst podcast I heard was Adam Dunn interviewing Angus from TRSC. AD knew so little it was embarrassing.

I do like the potcast but find the presenter a bit annoying. His interviews with Chimera, Dubi, and Wal were great though, but they can be hit and miss. There is an art and science to interviewing and a few would do well to read up a little on how to get the best out of their subject.

Curious about Cannabis is pretty good.