What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chevy's blumatized organic soil LED mini grow

Legalcdn

Super grows. I like the simple setup. I set mine up almost the same..7-1 adapter..even hygrometer was same..i did 4 7-1 adapters..grew c99..low odour..no carbon filter..pulled 2 big quart jars (4 oz) from 180w actual watts..now doing 2 more c99..hoping for 8oz.. Again..awesome..i also have too much weed now..

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update

Update

Hello Hello,
Here's an update as I'm almost out and also had the craving for something new.
A while ago I put some seeds in water:
3xF-13 from DJ Short
3x Qleaner from TGA Subcool
1x Acapulco Gold fem from Barney's Farm
1x Super Lemon Haze CBD rich from Greenhouse

A wild mix of seeds from oldschool legend breeders and good old Dutch commercial guys.
Here goes:

And here the F-13s up close.
These are my highlight and a real treat I got my hands on.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
While they were sprouting in good old kitchen roll I mixed some soil using Lavender Cowboy's receipt with coco to cook while waiting for the plants to be a bit bigger.
Nutrients come from dried blood, bone meal, kelp.
All seeds with exception of one Qleaner germinated.

Unfortunately I had to traansplant the little seedlings way too early and that I had to do directly into the ready soil as I had to leave for a week and the smaller seedlings pots would have dried out and I had no time to set up the blumats...

Here they are now
The while cab with lights

On the right the F-13s
left back the 2 Qleaners
and front left the AG and the SLH

Here's one of the F-13, looking a bit weird.
Looks like some kind of non-npk deficiency is my guess so I've watered
with BioBizz BioHeaven and ActiVera which normally sorts that

Hello Chevy!

I'm extremely interested in your grow! I'm looking at getting a similar tent via Vivosun on Amazon. Is there any way you could show off the ventilation solution between the two compartments you were talking about earlier in this thread? I would really like to only use one exhaust fan + filter so it would be much appreciate, I'm just nervous about light leaks.

I'll be following your post!

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Tinksworth,
I can't right now as I'm not home but I think I did share some pictures earlier in the thread ?
Basically its like this: The flower compartment is where the air is extracted. Then in the two smaller, stacked compartments( they are not sealed off against each other), the intake (was ready like this with a nice fine mesh to the outside) is in the tent wall of the upper compartment, and the only thru-vent from the stacked compartments on the side to the main flower room is at the bottom one of the stacked compartments. So the air enters passively in the upper one, gets sucked through the lower one, into the flower room and is extracted at the top of the flower room. And to safe space on the inside the fan and filter are on the outside and the fan blows through the filter instead of sucking through it.
Hope that helps? When I'm back I'll take some pictures!

All the best
CC

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi Everyone,
fast forward and here are some pics as of today day 24 of flower.
I had to travel for 3 weeks but the blumats and everything on autopilot kept everyone alive.
Only problem is that in these three weeks, it turned into a jungle in this tiny tent. Heavy training is always mandatory and now so far into flower I had to go hard...
One of the Qleaners had to go as it turned out to be a man.
Some pollen dust was in the air, sprayed everything down with water and no dying pistils yet, so maybe i was lucky..

The three plants in the 12L/3gal pots on the right are the F13.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] All three seeds produced females. They've got crazy vigor and you can see that I had to pinch and lay flat the upper half of the plants as they got too big.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gone for three weeks and then this...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Not ideal but it'll all be fine.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Has someone ever witnessed this on the F13s?
I'm not sure what it could be, but looking at those leaves something is off.
Strange, the same soil (LC's recipe with amendments) as always, never had any problems before...
I've got a feeling they don't like soggy feet..
Any theories much appreciated
tiphat.gif

[/FONT]

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
flower day 35

flower day 35

Update flower day 35!

I have in the meantime installed a mars hydro ts1000, which has 150w, perfect for my 60cmX60cm flower compartment and I have to say significantly brighter than my 12 13w 2700k osram bulbs with a total of 156w.
The osram SILs have always produced well for me, so now really positively surprised that the TS is even brighter and looking forward to seeing the results.
This is the whole flower compartment.
I have two computer fans plus a slightly bigger clip fan in there.

Budding is in full swing now!
The three plants on the right are the F-13s.
They all have the hollow stems and smell delicous already now.
They are relatively uniform (thanks to some proper breeding I'd say) but have subtle differences in growth and smell.

And on the left we have a Qleaner from TGA Subcool in the back, then an Acapulco Gold from Barney's Farm and a Super Lemon Haze from Greenhouse in the front)

The light is fucking bright, no fans and heat is ok

The bigger fan only goes on during lights on, the smaller computer fans run 24/7. one is above the canopy and one below to keep the air around the stems moving.

I have to re-dial in the blumats as my reservoir had run dry a couple days ago, really the only but also the biggest problem you can run into using tropf blumats.

Unfortunately my humidity is between 60-70%, way too high and I've now put in a dehumidifier, which works, but I have to empty it, which sucks.

So far so good, cheers
CC

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have to re-dial in the blumats as my reservoir had run dry a couple days ago, really the only but also the biggest problem you can run into using tropf blumats.

CC

Have you considered getting a cheap float valve to keep your res topped off? For less than $50 worth of parts and a trip to your local home improvement store, you'd never have to worry about it again.

Love your using Blumats, btw.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No I haven't but that's a great idea.
Only problem might be that my municipal water is full of chlorine and what not, so I use a filter to clean it before anyone in the house drinks it, including the plants..
Will think about it!
Thanks!
CC

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No I haven't but that's a great idea.
Only problem might be that my municipal water is full of chlorine and what not, so I use a filter to clean it before anyone in the house drinks it, including the plants..
Will think about it!
Thanks!
CC

I feel your pain. I had to install 2 RO filters in my house when I bought it because the municipal water supply is terrible.

Straight out of the tap my Blue Lab meter reads almost 800 ppm and smells rancid. Post RO filters, 0 ppm with no smell. I'm changing out the pre-filters every 4 months or so and the RO membrane yearly.

Totally worth it.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
?!? Holy crap. 800? Jesus.

Looking good Chevy, they should finish alright despite the trouble last two weeks...

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
?!? Holy crap. 800? Jesus.

Looking good Chevy, they should finish alright despite the trouble last two weeks...
Yeah. When I pull my prefilters, they're just covered in this rust colored silty nastyness.

I'm not sure where it's coming from, because I get the same thing only worse out of my well. That will clog up the prefilters entirely within a couple weeks.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Municipal water supply... arrrghhhh
I had blue plastic bits accumulating in the faucet screen before I installed the filter. WTF do they put in the water???
Last summer, when it didn't rain here for a whole 10 weeks, the main reservoir our drinking water comes from had gone low, too warm and the algae were blooming. These idiots simply put a whole lot of additional chlorine into the supply as a precaution and It was like drinking from a swimming pool and probably good to desinfect just about anything...
They also talked about adding lithium to the water supply to counteract depression here in the north during wintertime, but luckily that was vetoed in time...

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lithium in the water supply?!

That's straight up Orwellian shit right there. Fuck that noise!

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I swear it's true and I agree, that's next level worrying!
Now back to the more pressing issues, how do I get my humidity down to acceptable levels without a dehumidifier...
The one I have needs emptying every 18h or so and I plan to go away for two weeks...
Maybe leave the windows open a little and hope the humidity outside drops a little...

G

Gauss

I stopped drinking tap water years ago and I've always had well water. Between the nitrates and anaerobic bacteria it's just not worth it.

Whatever municipality is considering drugging their water with lithium needs to tar and feathered.

G

Anecdotally, there are parts of the US that have a supply of naturally occurring lithium that pervades the drinking water. There is statistical evidence the areas have less incidence of depression, suicide etc.
But I'm definitely of the mind that forced medication is a horrible thing. Fluoride is another form.

G

Gauss

Yea, good post Outcold. Gotta be careful what you drink no matter what, it's just the principle of it that really irks me. I've never had fluoride water at home, and I guess the rationale is that it's for dental benefits, but I've had great teeth from eating lots of fruits and calcium my whole life. Maybe when I hit 50 they'll all fall out and I'll struggle to eat my words, but in any case I certainly don't appreciate big brother medicating the water supply with anything.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chevy-

The main reason I popped into this thread is because you're running a blumat system. And it appears you're the only one that is.

Or you were the only one I should say. :D

Mine arrived yesterday and I have a ton of work to do to get them into my room this weekend.

I've been researching the heck out of them for the past year. I got to check out a white paper put out by Dr. Ben Higgins over at Gold Leaf Gardens where they ran Blumats in 11 beds and had a 25% increase in biomass at harvest time vs. the hand watering they've been doing since they started.

That was enough for me to break out the CC and order up.

Latest posts

Latest posts