What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Past, the Present, and the Future of Cannabis Breeding

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
That's what they say, but have you ever tried an aroma therapy candle? They don't do shit IME. Now I do a couple dabs I'm high even though not much for terpines, I smoke a joint I still get high not much of a difference.

Now I definitely like good tasting weed more so than a bland strain, but if it comes down to it I will smoke Mexican brick. Really some of my best highs came from brick weed, of course that's just because I had a low tolerance as a teenager that saved lunch money for a bag of weed. Lol
the medicine is definitely in the cannabinoids, not like you can eat aroma therapy for aroma therapy that's only for the nose. I definitely wouldn't want to medicate 3 times a day with just high THC edibles either, cause I get so high I don't think it's safe to drive on edibles. Meanwhile I can smoke a joint and do important stuff.

Definitely don't agree with Sativex being better than a 1:1 ratio plant you can extract at home with a little bit of butter. Also some of the lesser known cannabinoids have promising effects, even one that's something like 30 times stronger than Delta 9 THC, probably not too heavily found in weed, but now they know what to test for and who knows Phylos might breed retardedly strong plants, cause 2% of that one cannabinoid is stronger than anything available, well unless that's the reason something could be like 15% yet better than the higher THC plants.

Either way terpines can only effect you from smelling them, so smoke a joint and smell the jar. Lol

Yep but aroma candles contains most of the time aroma chemicals btw and they don't do any shit.These same compounds find you also in perfumes.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I never tested oral terpenes + THC so I can not say, but smoked some terpenes do have the ability to modulate the Cannabinoids and a few terpenes potentiated THC for example.
-SamS

zaprjaques

I never tested oral terpenes + THC so I can not say, but smoked some terpenes do have the ability to modulate the Cannabinoids and a few terpenes potentiated THC for example.
-SamS

May i ask if both mono- and sesquiterpenes have this modulating ability to your knowing?

clearheaded

terps that have studied effects are obv a place to look ie myrcene adding its antianxiety insomnia properties of course adds a "vibe" or setting in a sense to the high. Also the other likely effects are caused by the solvent like effects of limeonine that allow the fatty THC to pass into the blood and brain faster. ie a rush harder hitting. also other terpenes liek myrcene do that aswell. and part of the reason why high myrcene limeonene kush plants hit hard. of course there are other ways other terps can change the buzz but those seem to be the most common/understood. my theory is also harsh terps like pinene and phytol cause an inflamation like response and like inhaling any smoke is going to add a stupifying fuzzyhead like effect. ie smoking a big joint with low thc vs a couple tiny dabs of equal thc over same period of time the dabs will produce a "clearer" high. just a theory and seems to make sense to me.

look for terps that have better solvent properties, some monos maybe pretty alcohol like and get the thc through into the blood faster changing the buzz. BUT also monos tend to be harsh so may end up making it more of a cloudy foggy type buzz if my theory on harshness is true... just a guess as seems to be what happens to me, but very well could be other things going on aswell. certainly the properties of mono or sesqui may hold some general things other then some are better studied in regards to cannabis or aromatherapy..

but why edibles of different varieties are of minimal consequence sure cannabinoid profiles will change things CBN or cbd make some difference but because the main thing that works in edibles is the hydroxy thc or whatever is created in the liver having limonene that makes it absorb faster in yoru stomach like an alcohol would or holding tincture in your mouth doesnt change the buzz much as even though faster its not like smoking.

john jay

Some old words of wisdom from Nevil (RIP)

I never said 'The object is to patent up every possible combination of cannabinoids with efficacy for every possible disease they can treat, and every possible genetic sequence! Once ready to make the move, they will shut down every medical cannabis grower for patent fraud” That is someone else's statement added to make it look like I said it. I have zero idea who said it but it was not me. And that was never my goal.
-SamS

SAM is deflecting... no one said that SAM said it it is explaining what same did say...HortaPharm is only interested in developing female plants that are sterile, but this is not just to protect their genetic copyright. "If a plant is not kept busy producing seeds, all its energy can go into resin production," says Watsons Dutch colleague and biochemist Etienne de Meijer.

Watson believes the bright future of (Cannabis) is contained in the greenhouses of HortaPharm and GW Pharmaceuticals.
The explanations given for what SAM did say came from Nevil Schoenmakers which was in partial one of SAM customers and competition in the market in the past.
There seems a concerted effort that is quite obvious t to mislead people,,, by pitting the past market creation by government and corporate influence against the future of medical cannabis government harm reduction and corporate interest. Corporations are not going to let you grow your own weed to sell unless you have the money to afford the regulation licensing and taxation to do so.
To deny that we have competition in the market is to denie the reality that... capitalism exist . The objective of competition is to eliminate it. Dave Watson Robert "colonel" Clark are merely protecting their share of the market by leading a plethora of blinded useful idiots mesmerized by counter culture chicanery away from discovering while hiding economic transformation of the future medical marketplace. Read Robert clarks "Marijuana botany it goes into detail what the objective is