What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hedge Funds seethe as commoners cash in

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Goooo GME AMC BB NOK aaaaand SNDL! Doge for crypto is interesting af rn too. No advice here as i have no idea wtf is going on. But, pay attention. If you hold, HOLD!

igrowone

Veteran
the silver trade is interesting
shouldn't amount to much in the long run, a short spike probably then a flat line
the SEC watches and waits
it's kind of amazing this hasn't happened before
and I mean a public internet group trying to manipulate prices
of course it has happened behind closed doors, but I think most people understand that

igrowone

Veteran
Fuck silver. It's a trap.

Look at Citadels options holdings in SLV
a very short term trade opportunity
I agree with the sentiment
it's been mentioned in other threads but can't be repeated enough
gold/silver - they're great storehouses of value
as investments, not so much

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor

I think I found my new avatar! It would be sweet if the pup finally did something right. I have a little silver too.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Silver is just a setup, to get some of that lost capital back. Buyer beware.

I go back to the basics with metals. They are safety plays reacting to fear or down markets. Silver has doubled in the last 9 months. How much upside can there be? Unless there is an artificial rush where it was just luck if you got in and out at the right time.

ButterflyEffect

a very short term trade opportunity
I agree with the sentiment
it's been mentioned in other threads but can't be repeated enough
gold/silver - they're great storehouses of value
as investments, not so much

I don't know much about the metals, although I did dabble briefly with commodities 20 some-odd years ago. My limited understanding is that the metal is 100% utilized in any given year and the rest of the contracts on the board are very risky as a result.:confused:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I go back to the basics with metals. They are safety plays reacting to fear or down markets. Silver has doubled in the last 9 months. How much upside can there be? Unless there is an artificial rush where it was just luck if you got in and out at the right time.

Silver has been stagnant for 10 years. I know cause I have held some since 2006, and with the electric economy biden dreams of, it's time to shine is coming. Metals are insurance against a dollar collapse.

Bitcoin on the other hand, man, I wish I had seen the light back when.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Silver has been stagnant for 10 years. I know cause I have held some since 2006, and with the electric economy biden dreams of, it's time to shine is coming. Metals are insurance against a dollar collapse.

Bitcoin on the other hand, man, I wish I had seen the light back when.

Oh man they made allot of money on bitcoin.

There are a many that will rebound big after covid. Airlines, oil, hotels, restaurant chains. Still some pretty good plays there.

Having the inside word on the next WallStreetBets is huge.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Fuck the power mad fucks, who are determined to separate the little guy from his hard earned money.

I'm with ya Packer (except on those field goal decisions).:biggrin:

Thing is, you still need the inside word to get in at the beginning.