What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hedge Funds seethe as commoners cash in

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Flylow, well to put it simply, a Keynes guy feels that the way to feed all the fish is to make sure the little fish are fed, that way the bigger fish have something to eat. Monetary policy feeds the biggest fish in the hope they are messy eaters, and drop enough crumbs to feed the smaller fish. So a Keynesian wants government programs that return tax money to the lowest levels in society in the belief that the poorest will spend it, and generate the economy from its base up.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Flylow, well to put it simply, a Keynes guy feels that the way to feed all the fish is to make sure the little fish are fed, that way the bigger fish have something to eat. Monetary policy feeds the biggest fish in the hope they are messy eaters, and drop enough crumbs to feed the smaller fish. So a Keynesian wants government programs that return tax money to the lowest levels in society in the belief that the poorest will spend it, and generate the economy from its base up.

I stock my pond with little fish for the same reason. They don't last long.

ButterflyEffect

Oh, I’m just a simp with no financial industry background out day trading my wife’s boyfriend’s stimuli checks. As a matter of fact, I only really know 3 things in life... how to catch a fish, how to twist some wires together and make some ‘tricity happen, and adding the gubbament into any equation concerning money is a bad thing... very bad thing. That being said, I like the stock

Does your wifes boyfriend know you're out talking shit? That's a way to get your bananas taken away.

In all seriousness, after today's runup, it's obvious that this is now a battle between some whales and the hedgies. It appears that the HFs have been rolling over their FTDs into Coinversion plays to keep 'legally' kicking their short position can down the road. I'm too smooth-brained to tell whether or not they'll be able to do it indefinitely, but the SEC sure as hell isn't gonna do a damn thing to help retailers. About all we can do is follow in the wake of whales that smell blood in the water and are hoping to capitalize on the upside.

Oh and that CNBC/MW thing was some bullshit. I watched that shit happen in real time. I saw them backpedal and change the timestamp on the story. Some fucking balls. They let the veil slip when they published it too early. Must be a hell of a check from Melvin/Citadel to shill for them, as it's patently obvious that they were told ahead of time about the attacks to drive the price down.

Hold to the moon, or bust ape!

Badfishy1

Does your wifes boyfriend know you're out talking shit? That's a way to get your bananas taken away.

In all seriousness, after today's runup, it's obvious that this is now a battle between some whales and the hedgies. It appears that the HFs have been rolling over their FTDs into Coinversion plays to keep 'legally' kicking their short position can down the road. I'm too smooth-brained to tell whether or not they'll be able to do it indefinitely, but the SEC sure as hell isn't gonna do a damn thing to help retailers. About all we can do is follow in the wake of whales that smell blood in the water and are hoping to capitalize on the upside.

Oh and that CNBC/MW thing was some bullshit. I watched that shit happen in real time. I saw them backpedal and change the timestamp on the story. Some fucking balls. They let the veil slip when they published it too early. Must be a hell of a check from Melvin/Citadel to shill for them, as it's patently obvious that they were told ahead of time about the attacks to drive the price down.

Hold to the moon, or bust ape!

Shhhh don’t tell him otherwise he will turn the interwebs off and take away my crayons. Apes still hold, the limp wrists sold out after their stop loss triggered

ButterflyEffect

Shhhh don’t tell him otherwise he will turn the interwebs off and take away my crayons. Apes still hold, the limp wrists sold out after their stop loss triggered

Listen here my diamond-handed friend, I am a Crayon Artist in training and I'm here to tell you that your tendies are safe. Also, what's a stop loss?? /s

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
What is this CNBC you hate so much? Is it a show a Chanel a website a you tube thing, ?

Badfishy1

I do have to say, the pure shitposting and trolling of the HF managers is truly amazing. 2021, the year a meme stock singlehandedly rescued every known primate on the planet while simultaneously pulling away the mask of the paper tiger stonk market and revealing the incestuous relationship between Wall Street and MSM. What a fucking timeline. Buckle up lads

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I wish the retail swarm would get serious about my silver.

silver haired devil.jpg