What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pot stocks (U.S.)

gladysvjubb

Veteran
After spending two years being the market’s whipping boy, pot stocks are about to come back in favor big time.

One easy way to get involved in this trend now is by owning the benchmark Horizons Marijuana Life Sciences Index ETF (HMLSF). It holds a basket of top legal cannabis names… And it will give you exposure to the entire space.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I came here thinking thought your title said 'Pot sucks'. :biggrin:
It's all good now.:tiphat:

hamstring

Veteran
I did a search on stocks and I was surprised to see very little discussion.

Federal Cannabis Bill

First lets say it does pass the Senate. Not probable but just for discussion sakes.
How can we, the little guy, share in the profit that big corp guys will surely flood the market with? I know nothing about the stock market except that my 401K is in it.

What stocks would you invest in if you had a little insiders info on this passing? Why shouldn't the guys who have put a huge part of there lively hood and even freedom at stake for this plant benefit from it.

There are a lot of smart people on this site with very diverse backgrounds. Surly someone has some thoughts on the subject.

G

The psychedelic stock sector is where its at.
Single stock plays are going crazy right now. Lots of money to be made.
Take a look at MMEDF, ATAI, CYBN, NUMI.
But many more good plays to be made.

G

What the hell is a psychedelic stock?

Burgeoning companies (mostly in Canada) that are doing trials on Ketamine, DMT, LSD, MDMA, psilocybin etc. They are the new hot thing with addressing mental health issues. Most have not been uplisted to to the NASDAQ and the plays are mostly penny stocks or <$5.

shithawk420

Veteran
Huh.i can't see this being profitable now but can definitely see it in the future.might be a good idea to buy now but I don't know.seems risky as hell

calisun

Here's some pot stocks I like
ZBISF looks pretty good to me for a cheap play.
Other ones I like ACB, HEXO, CURLF and MMEDF for a psychedelic stock.

Green Squall

I've got a little money in YOLO, THCX and VFF, the later of which is sort of a hybrid stock, pun intended.

"Village Farms International, Inc. engages in the management and operation of agricultural greenhouse facilities in United States and Canada. It operates through the following segments: Produce Business; Energy Business; and Joint Venture Cannabis. The Produce Business segment focuses in the production, marketing, and selling of product group which consists of tomatoes, bell peppers, and cucumber. The Energy Business segment offers power that it sells per a long-term contract to its one customer. The Joint Venture Cannabis segment covers the production and supply of cannabis products to be sold to other licensed providers and provincial governments across Canada and internationally through Pure Sunfarms. The company was founded by Michael A. DeGiglio and Albert W. Vanzeyst in November 1990 and is headquartered in Delta, Canada."

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a little bit of THCX also GS....and a few more TOKE, CGC, ACB and CNBS ....I’m hoping down the road they will pay off. It’s fun to watch them go up and down ....the up part is a bit more fun but it’s all good :)

Green Squall

I have a little bit of THCX also GS....and a few more TOKE, CGC, ACB and CNBS ....I’m hoping down the road they will pay off. It’s fun to watch them go up and down ....the up part is a bit more fun but it’s all good :)

I've heard MSOS is another good one. I want to add one more to my portfolio, so its between either that or CNBS. Still need to do a little research. I think both cannabis and green energy are great choices for a long term investment. And it certainly is fun watching them go up and down, as long as you can keep your cool and not freak out everytime you see a little red!