What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

@StickyBandit pics... after the dehydrator sweat, one month in, two months in.

Feed back welcomed, my first go at it.

Attachments

• 20240305_214036.jpg
    20240305_214036.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
  • 20240315_122313.jpg
    20240315_122313.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
  • 20240422_200213.jpg
    20240422_200213.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25

Baba Karuna

I wasn't getting notifications and missed multiple pages 🙃 Opened up some more Peruvian Heirloom that used to smell fruity like artificial cherry candy and black pepper while growing but now it smells like mild cherry, sweet, with strong notes of Cacao. Which is great because the area of the jungle were I collected seeds grows prodigious amounts of heirloom cacao. Chewing a bit of this cob is super groovy and entheogenic 😋 It was a leafy expression but it holds tremendous power.

Attachments

• tempImageb8skAT.jpg
    tempImageb8skAT.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 24
  • tempImagedTJryL.jpg
    tempImagedTJryL.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 30
  • tempImagef5xTfx.jpg
    tempImagef5xTfx.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 23
  • tempImageLp0jLL.jpg
    tempImageLp0jLL.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 24

Baba Karuna

You can only excel at this through practice, as its an art form not a mechanical process.

The best cannabis curers take their understanding of this beautiful plant from growing the right strains, through harvest and curing to consumption its all related.
Words of wisdom brother 🙌 This practice is pure art, with the right strain, the right conditions, and patience masterpieces can unfold 🙏🏼 We must continue to practice and then practice some more 😉

Last edited:

Baba Karuna

Nice Baba! And flawless that looks great to me i love a dark cob. Crazy colors in there:) as long as it doesnt smell like a straw heap, ammonia smell you are perfect. Even with that smell its on for effects just flavor is a little off for my tastes
Dark cob is my passion, I find if I sweat pure "sativas" at 108F they come out nice and dark with a delicious psychedelic and spiritual component. Plus it enhances a type of weightless body buzz. It can also be the varieties that I am selecting to work with, more experimentation is required 🙏🏼

CDNINCA

Nice work there @flaw.less.finish! If she's still a little wet, it might continue to evolve further, possibly further than you might want it? It's all personal taste at this point. If you like the smell, and don't want it to change too much more, let it air dry a bit which slows the process down then seal it up for a while. Check it after a week or two, and go from there. Even when you think it is dry it will still have a little moisture inside and will continue to evolve, albeit at a slower pace. I've made cobs from pretty much "dry" material (RH 65% 'ish) and they change slowly but really nicely in my opinion. I'm patient, and it seems to pay off!

Cheers, follow your gut and you can't go wrong!

Tangwena

Veteran

WoW! you got a lot of good comments from fellow cobbers brother.
Their is no right way only the way that you prefer its the experimentation with the basic recipe that is where the knowledge is from.
We have members here that have many years of harvests under their belts their personal experience and preferences are worth their weight in gold.
My preference is for the more colorful cures but darker cures can be amazing as well.
The changes to the highs can be very intense if you start with the right material in the beginning.
My own personal stash has both kinds that I mix in varying percentages depending on what type of high I'm after that day.
The combinations are infinite.

Tangwena

Veteran
Here's another cob I opened the other day. Mother's Light that smelled like savory meat and perfume mixed with diesel fuel while growing. Now it smells like old man cologne and chemical licorice candy. So mellow, dreamy, happy and meditative. Real high vibe herb 🙏🏼 View attachment 18991946 View attachment 18991947 View attachment 18991948 View attachment 18991949
Hi brother I was looking at those three and thinking I had just unwrapped some cobs I bought in Africa years ago ha ha.
Looking good.

Buzzzzd

DSC05988.JPG

My quest continues...So far I have figured out that about a 1/4 to 1/3 of what I was using is better!!!
Plus, I'm hoping that all the good stuff will migrate into the chocolate and I don't have to chew it......so this time I ground the cob and added it to chocolate chips and melted them down....I made a few hearts right away and then let the rest sit in the chocolate for the afternoon. The first heart was taken at 3:30, you could really feel it at 5:30 and pretty much wore off at 10:30. So I call that a win and tonite will try the longer infusion hearts. Oh Yeah....the chocolate that stuck to the jar was used in my coffee this morning...it wasn't much but now an hour later I can feel it kicking in....might be a good day after all !!!
This should do me for awhile and the next time I will grind my cob in a coffee grinder.....the quest continues....:dance013:

Last edited:

Buzzzzd

Quick update...it is now closing in on 2 hours of taking my choco-cobbo-coffee and I'm thinking I may have to rethink my dosing again!!! :whee: I just took a nice walk thru my forest...and a few times when I stopped momentarily to look at something, in that time span I would forget how to walk!!!! I would search my data banks and finally decided that if I just leaned forward that automatically my legs should do it!!!
Anyway...there didn't seem to be much chocolate in that jar, so, tonites experiment will be with much less than a full heart, just to compare!! OK - Time for lunch!!!!

Tangwena

Veteran
Quick update...it is now closing in on 2 hours of taking my choco-cobbo-coffee and I'm thinking I may have to rethink my dosing again!!! :whee: I just took a nice walk thru my forest...and a few times when I stopped momentarily to look at something, in that time span I would forget how to walk!!!! I would search my data banks and finally decided that if I just leaned forward that automatically my legs should do it!!!
Anyway...there didn't seem to be much chocolate in that jar, so, tonites experiment will be with much less than a full heart, just to compare!! OK - Time for lunch!!!!
Its always fun working out the correct dose for each batch of cobs.
Last night while fishing on the town jetty one of the local hooligans tried to intimidate me as they seem to think its fun threatening the tourists in their town.

I was tripping balls on some Mulanje feeling like I was invincible ha ha.
I moved real close to his face and asked "do I know you?"
I could see deep into his soul, his pupils stretched wide and I could see he was at heart a small frightened child looking for love he never found due to his shitty home life.
It unnerved him and he left muttering to himself.
I dont think I will be getting any more trouble from him ha ha.

Its happened before many times on that cob its like I can download their inner feelings I think I should have been a doctor.
Here lay on this couch and tell me all about it ha ha.
Sometimes the information you download is so beautiful like the time a young girl at a checkout smiled back at me such a beautiful soul it was touching so innocent and pure.

WoW! you got a lot of good comments from fellow cobbers brother.
Their is no right way only the way that you prefer its the experimentation with the basic recipe that is where the knowledge is from.
We have members here that have many years of harvests under their belts their personal experience and preferences are worth their weight in gold.
My preference is for the more colorful cures but darker cures can be amazing as well.
The changes to the highs can be very intense if you start with the right material in the beginning.
My own personal stash has both kinds that I mix in varying percentages depending on what type of high I'm after that day.
The combinations are infinite.
@Tangwena Thank you. I do prefer the look of yours over mine. The lighter colour and you can still see the characteristics of the flower. I have re opened it to air dry 24 h or so. It's not wet but not dry somewhere in between. Thank you everyone

Tangwena

Veteran
@Tangwena Thank you. I do prefer the look of yours over mine. The lighter colour and you can still see the characteristics of the flower. I have re opened it to air dry 24 h or so. It's not wet but not dry somewhere in between. Thank you everyone
The look of your cobs is fine more of a over fermentation thats all.
The shorter sweats are what gives the lighter colors a light hand on the sweating 6 hours at 40c is my normal time or no sweat just stored in warm temps 30c.
Nice sticky semi dried buds compressed and kept warm give the terpy colorful cobs, after 3 months they should knock you off your feet when you open the bag.
The sweet fermented smell is what your after you will know when it hits you right between the eyes.
Then slow drying to preserve the cured buds at that moment in time its nothing short of magic.
I'm going up on some 3 month old Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian lightly seeded cob at the moment ha ha Soaring euphoria and joy to be alive its what I love about cobbing this strain its just magic.

Nextgeneration73

Hi my friend the cross section cuts look the goods, seems like you got a good cure there. Just be aware that the freshly dried cobs are usually quite stony/narcotic but get a lot less stoney as they age after the cure. After about 2 or 3 months the stone just about disappears altogether and a very clear trippy effect results.
Chewing about 0.25g into dust in your mouth for 5 to 10 minutes then swallowing the dust should be very effective after it has dried. It will be even more pleasant chewed after it has aged a very special high IMO.
Let me know what you think of both smoking and chewing ect.
Respect my friend for trying this.
Tangwena
This sounds amazing 🤩