What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lacto Bacilli: process and discussion

MrFista

Veteran
jaykush said:
if we were only at this a few years back before enzyme d came out fista could be rich..

I was rich (ish), then I lost it on the stock market. Carry on, that's what a mans got to do, just carry on. I'm glad I lost my money in a way, now I am helping people who, like me, don't have it.

I got a friend who pays $200 a month for someone to come and spray bacteria in his grease traps. It breaks it right down to CO2 and water. Love to know what that is for fish composting...

ENZYME D! LOL.

southpaw

Pure culture with a small amount of molasses added.

A word of warning, have some incense going before you separate the serum from the milk solids. Only rough part of the process. :nono:

Will be diluting this tomorrow 20:1 as per the instructions. One dose will then be added as part of a flowering tea. Another will go into watering the container garden, and some will put the finishing touches on a close-to-harvest worm bin. We're also going to give the unused pure serum a run as organic Drano.

Thanks Jay!

Last edited:

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A word of warning, have some incense going before you separate the serum from the milk solids. Only rough part of the process.

hmmm i dont think the smell is that bad. but then again ive smelled some nasty stuff

looks good though, let us know how it works out for you. or any benefits that you come across..

fista...i told someone about the catpiss cure....they loved me. this cat kept coming around and pissing in their yard and patio. few sprays later. BAM no more catpiss smell.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heres a little info update. i checked the serum in the fridge and so far its all good with the microbes. theres still lots of life. going to check again in two weeks.

MrFista

Veteran
I'm thinking I could help the local animal shelters with their budget by supplying them free cat/dog piss cleaner. When they swear by it I'm putting it in bottles and they can sell it with 50% for themselves, perhaps...

Going to check patents, I doubt folks own the bug, just a variant they've isolated, or a technique for extraction. I'm sure I can give it away and get a name for myself amongst animal welfare groups in the meantime.

Then there's the zoo, those otter and seal enclosures smell, no pleasanter way to put it, fucking awful.

No better marketing than giving away an excellent product to the industry who'll use it the most.

Imagine going to the zoo and it doesn't smell - WHY? - you ask - Mr Fista's Smell Shifta. 100% organic, beneficial to people plants and animals... Bwa Ha Ha!

Feel free to cash in in your area too, check legalities and if you can you could go for it, it cost pennies to make, thanks Jaykush.

ps: Variants of milk might produce interesting variants of culture. "Are you lactating, Dear?" :laughing:

Last edited:

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Imagine going to the zoo and it doesn't smell - WHY? - you ask - Mr Fista's Smell Shifta. 100% organic, beneficial to people plants and animals... Bwa Ha Ha!

lmao that shits funny. .

ps: Variants of milk might produce interesting variants of culture

ahhh true, good thinking. will see if i can try some different milks in the future.

pss: Still active after 2 months in the fridge, no molasses.
nice to know, you checked em up close or what?

southpaw

I love the bubbling in the pure serum. Find me a bottled product that does that.

Yeah, I'm thinking about hawking some for cheap at the farmer's market next year. Kitchen science for the masses. :rasta:

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
why not be like the main article the lacto culture came from and just teach the recipe to the masses? you learned it for free after all right. if someone wants to thank you and donate now i have nothing against that.

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome thread... im off to rinse some rice, will basmati do the trick?

Wonder if this works at lower temps like in a fridge? :chin:

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome thread... im off to rinse some rice, will basmati do the trick?

if its rice im pretty sure itl work, as long as you get the cloudy rice wash.

Wonder if this works at lower temps like in a fridge?

it should work, but unless you want to wait 10x longer for each step( and it already takes 2 weeks to make) its not worth it. its stored in the fridge AFTER its made.

just stick to the simple instructions first its not hard, and when you get it down good enough, you can start to experiment so you can tell actual differences instead of just observations.

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah cool i am starting a batch and following your instructions to the letter. :yes:

I was thinking along the lines of using the bacteria to get rid of that pongy, old fridge smell... once its been made.

S

spiral

Awhile back G33k speak posted this "spraying the LB on the hydro media seems to have eliminated the fungas gnats"

Now my question, is this possible? And if so how? I ask because I had fungas gnats, didnt treat for em with anything, and the other day I was watering and noticed something missing, the gnats. Dudes this still has me scratching my head. Whered they go? I ve never known fungas gnats to just pack up and leave. I know BT can get rid of em, but LB too. That would just be sweet! What do you guys think?

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
spiral so you sprayed/used the LB on your media and then they left? or they just up and left without the spray/application? cant really say why yet. still lots of learning to do when it comes to lacto B. i mean who knew it would rid the smell of cat piss haha, accidental discovery right there!

S

spiral

yeah I ve been giving them the LB as a soil drench about once every other week for about 6 weeks, one day their there and BAM there just gone, no larva crawlin in the soil, no little gnat carcasses lying around, just gone.

Last edited:

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
very nice, it could be related. but for now we can just assume. when it fixes the problem for more and more people we can begin to change that assumption.

what are your application rates? other than once every other week. like how much per how much soil or something like that. doesn't need to be exact measurements.

S

spiral

Your totally right we can only assume, and the only reason I said anything was cause someone else did. But I'm not complaining either way.

For application rates its 4 tablespoons to 1 gal of water, watered onto a 5 gal pot.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yea we can only assume FOR NOW haha, if it starts working for other people all over the globe then it slowly becomes fact.

the fact that its worked for two people now is better than one person saying it. hopefully in time more will come up and tell experiences and benefits they had with lacto B.

cool on the application rates. im sure that will help someone.

MrFista

Veteran
DANG - got rid of all my insects before I got to test lacto b on them. I'll be sure to whip some out if I see the fungus gnats again.

Got interview with zookeepers shortly - Can I remove the smell from the sea lions? We'll find out!

Latest posts

Latest posts