What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I do love a good cup of Coffee

ElGato

Veteran
I prefer a Medium Roast, and lately I've been drinking Pete's Cafe Domingo

what're you having?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- Oh boy - do I have a song for this thread - 'Java Jive' by the Inkspots (1940) and another version by The Manhattan Transfer years later -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP6IUqrFHjw
- Inkspots version -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XxsasUHzaQ
- Manhattan Transfer version -

*been drinking the Aldi supermarkets 'Espresso Blend' ground coffee lately - its a dark roast -

picture.php

I prefer a Medium Roast, and lately I've been drinking Pete's Cafe Domingo

what're you having?

superx

Veteran
Another coffee thread, why not...

Usually Lavazza oro to start the day,

Not a fan of the cheap grindy crap like coming of speed...

St. Phatty

I started weighing it.

0.65 ounces of Arabica, ground.

makes it STRONG.

where's the Caffeine Jitters emoticon ? :hotbounce

ElGato

Veteran
- Oh boy - do I have a song for this thread - 'Java Jive' by the Inkspots (1940) and another version by The Manhattan Transfer years later -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP6IUqrFHjw
- Inkspots version -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XxsasUHzaQ
- Manhattan Transfer version -

*been drinking the Aldi supermarkets 'Espresso Blend' ground coffee lately - its a dark roast -

View Image

love the Inkspots! ..my favorite by them is "we three" (my echo my shadow and me)

Cappuccino Boogie - Wayne Hancock(who also covered Inkspots "we three")

[YOUTUBEIF]sddcRgy-HXU[/YOUTUBEIF]

ElGato

Veteran
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gypsy Nirvana again.

EsterEssence

Veteran
66 years old and I have never had a cup of coffee, I like the smell of the grinding beans, the brewed smells ok, but I cannot get past the taste, I have friends that use the best coffee and brewing systems but it’s not for me. I wish cannabis was as excepted as coffee, I don’t see much difference, it’s a plant that you brew up and it gives a feeling...

dddaver

Veteran
Ever since I was in my teens, and I am 65 now, I have always absolutely LOVED the taste of a cup directly after smoking. The taste is phenomenal.

ElGato

Veteran
Organic Sumatra beans from Fresh Roasted Coffee. 10 lbs. a month - my wife is a caffiend.

wow, 10# a month ...how many 12oz cups is that a day?

I would never be able to sleep lol

I'm good for 1 or 2 cups a day at most, usually just one and then sometimes a cup of Decaf in the evenings

White Beard

I love my coffee, but I won’t drink it black...I add some molasses and cream

My stock is in Costco’s Colombian Supremo, a medium roast, and my French press

ElGato

Veteran
I love my coffee, but I won’t drink it black...I add some molasses and cream

My stock is in Costco’s Colombian Supremo, a medium roast, and my French press

I cant do black anymore, just too hard on my stomach, I do some cream and honey or sugar. Nothing but 1/2-n-1/2 for me, none of those flavored or fake creamers.

and yes>> French press is the best Coffee I've had, I have a GSI outdoors French press, it's really for camping but i use it at home too ...it's a great little press

just like this one

mexweed

Veteran
sumatran or a couple other dark roasts black at 2 tbsp per 6oz water, I had two 18oz cups this morning with about an 1/8 of blueberry headband

the mentalist from bulletproof, sumatran peruvian blend from boyers, mocha java from dazbog, sumatran blend from westrock, sumatran from solar roast

I have a fine mesh strainer and a pyrex measuring cup that I use as a pour over with a paper basket filter, I microwave the water in the pyrex for 3 minutes, pour it into my cup then do the pour over

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
A nice fruity Ethiopian from a local roaster made in the Chemex is a great way to start the day, with a very even low acid Brazilian for after dinner.

I do miss living in the San Francisco bay area and having a Pete's nearby...thats some good java too. They had opened one in the city where i live now but sadly it only lasted about six months.

picture.php

darn sideways image.