What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Watermelon kush?

T

TakenByTheSky

Has anyone grown this strain? I see it listed on a few dispensary websites but no real info from anyone that has grown it.

George

Has anyone grown this strain? I see it listed on a few dispensary websites but no real info from anyone that has grown it.

Gonna be fake cut anywhere you look. It’s not out like that. It’s just people just trying to take your money sorry.

T

TakenByTheSky

Gonna be fake cut anywhere you look. It’s not out like that. It’s just people just trying to take your money sorry.

What do you mean? I have a cut of it, from a fairly trusted source. Seems the fit the description as it is a sloooow growing indica Dom.

My cut took a beating trying to get it to root but I'll see what it can do in a few months.

I also didn't pay for it so nothing lost

Last edited:
T

TakenByTheSky

Thanks 40, I never heard of it myself before I got it so wasn't sure if it was worth hanging on to. The most info I could find on it was on Leafly which I take with a grain of salt. It looks a lot of ppl really like the euphoric high even tho it's very indica.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nah the leafly is accurate actually. You will definitely be able to smell watermelon and I am jealous...This is a very hard cut to come across.

T

TakenByTheSky

Nah the leafly is accurate actually. You will definitely be able to smell watermelon and I am jealous...This is a very hard cut to come across.

On nice, I didn't realize it was so rare, I just figured the lack of info was because it wasn't well known or not popular, definitely glad I finally got it to root.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The lack of info is how underground this cut is /wink. I couldn't find anyone anywhere with it. Not even the guy I got fresh buds from which originated from Oregon. I have been scouring genes for watermelon terps since I smoked that shit 5 or so years ago on a new years eve night. Like no one out of 25 or so people disputed smelling watermelon. No one was told shit or where it came from and all said or thought, "holy shit watermelon". Like I had had a lot of melon terps but not Watermelon....It is a legend cut like the OG's, bubblegum, blueberry indica, cookies, roadkill skunk, banana OG, cali-o et cetera imo. You just don't find terps that distinct and matter of fact.

If you are smellin watermelon 40 days in get at me I want a smoke report :p

T

TakenByTheSky

Ah gotcha. I'll post some pics when it straightens back out. It took an act of God to get my cut to root and it's going thru a reveg thing right now.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is a good sign. Hydro cloning with hormex in correct environment = never fear with OG's and hard to root plants. If I can always 95%+ with TK, Chem 91, and all OG's so can everyone else.

T

TakenByTheSky

I use peat, I think the main issue was my snips came off a not so perfect mother plant, I got a few strains at the same time all took weeks.

You should have seen this cut when I got it to root it basically looked dead, I had one root and was able to bring it back to life.

I've had to cut back on my growing the last 3 years just fucking around with some outdoor and one indoor run per year at someone else's house. I finally have my own grow space again it feels good to have some new strains to fuck around with. I got another very
Famous super fruity terpy strain I grabbed and Corey stardog.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use peat, I think the main issue was my snips came off a not so perfect mother plant, I got a few strains at the same time all took weeks.

You should have seen this cut when I got it to root it basically looked dead, I had one root and was able to bring it back to life.

I've had to cut back on my growing the last 3 years just fucking around with some outdoor and one indoor run per year at someone else's house. I finally have my own grow space again it feels good to have some new strains to fuck around with. I got another very
Famous super fruity terpy strain I grabbed and Corey stardog.

Yeah peat and straight coco I always had issues with ;\ Found rockwool like all the big cats use and hydro to be most dependable. I actually do both because one is a back up in case of power loss. Wishin you the best man.:tiphat:

To extrapolate for others. Coco and Peat = higher chance of damping off. It's just too hard to get correct medium saturation. Half the shit goes out the bottom half the time and half the shit gets absorbed the other time. Too much yin and yang in those mediums. Also basic environment matters way more vs the two options I said. You can really abuse rockwool and hydro cloning as far as temps and humidity go.

Booyah!

I found a male with distinct Watermelon terps this last year. Basically the only reason I opened this thread. Now ya'll got me wanting to pollinate the Watermelon Kush

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I found a male with distinct Watermelon terps this last year. Basically the only reason I opened this thread. Now ya'll got me wanting to pollinate the Watermelon Kush

But does it pass it on? Want to clue us in on genes? I have a good stock of supposed watermelon terps but most ofem come from Bodhi.

Booyah!

I am hoping it passes it on. I just found it so no testing yet. It came from my PK Topanga breeding project.

Last edited:
T

TakenByTheSky

I believe this short little fat lady is legit, but obviously won't know until I can flower her out.

picture.php

TPFTFW

Veteran
The watermelon kush is likely an Adonai pheno.. of which I’m popping the rest of the remaining seeds shortly..

T

TakenByTheSky

From what I've read it's of unknown origin. I still haven't flowered it out yet myself, so I have no idea.

If no one knows what it is then anyone can make up anything, to be honest never heard of Adonai until yesterday.

picture.php

TPFTFW

Veteran
What do you think made watermelon zkittlez?
Adonai was bred in 2002 and was given to Kyle kush man and others who spread it around.. it’s pure watermelon terps and is a kush/OG/SSH/sweetooth type hybrid

That’s cool you think I’m making it up but I’m trying to tell u what’s likely true..

u do u

also I ran this cut about 6 years ago.. same group of friends as cannarado..

and from pictures I’ve seen of the Adonai... yes watermelom kush a pheno or hybrid of Adonai

Latest posts

Latest posts