What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BOREAL LIGHTS Semi Auto

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Boreal Cloud

Boreal Cloud

May as well give you the background on it.

Boreal Cloud was a stupid accident.

I made them the first time I had a NL auto seed run (not BL). I had to drive 30 minutes on the ATV, and it was a very hard drive, through thick bush and a semi cleared forest to get to the site. The farmer cut down the forest, then the government stopped the tax incentives, so the farmer just stopped and left everything where it was. He'll start up again once the government kicks off another round of agricultural land incentives.

I had a few LSD-25 Auto that would turn jet black when they were ripe for harvest. Bag appeal ++ and such a smooth smoke. I'm prone to paranoia but this just made me lay back and enjoy the ride. I was running low because a few gift baskets depleted my stash. So off I went looking for another site. I usually locate potential sites with Google Earth (timeline) an few KML files (elevation, wet lands, water, Soil makeup etc...), and do a site visit before I put a check mark on it. What looks like an amazing spot can quickly be given a thumbs down the instant you see it. In this case, I was just enjoying the ride discovering natural trails and following natural drainage when I happened on this cute little site. Up on a ridge with a nice view of the farmland below. It was way too far for me to usually consider using it, but hey... it was early spring so I though... why not. I drove back to HQ, gassed up, and picked up a couple dozen seedlings and headed back out for my 2 hour zigzagging trek. I brought my trusty drill and auger and really messed to the holes, dropped in a couple handfuls amendments and planted the seedlings. No cages, which is always stupid, but wtf. Turned out they were all untouched the whole season. But there are Coyote/Wolf hybrids in the area so the varmint population is kept in check in that area so that made sense in hindsight.

I only visited a couple times and when flowering time was close. Turns out they were *way ahead of the game to find they had ALL been pollinated. At first I thought... wow... big calyxes. But Faaaaaaaaack.

So I abandoned them. Fast forward to October. I was bored and the wife and I were out on the ATVs and I decided to show her the site. We get there and my wife points and says "Hey isn't that where you put the NL?". Off in the distance I could see a very large dead elm standing all alone, which happened to be in the same spot my NL seed run was happening.
[iframe1]vbSWdG6xDT8[/iframe1]

Ok, so NL x LSD... May as well collect them. I stripped the plants of seeds and off we went. I had them in a jar for a couple years and decided to grow a couple. I wish I had done it sooner. What a fun smoke. The initial rush freaked me out a little but it calmed down quick enough and gave me that familiar soothing feeling I loved in the LSD-25. If I smoke more after the initial rush, I usually stay calmed. But this took me right back up. Had another scare until if brought me back down to a soft landing. It's a fun smoke for sure. I had one person tell me it fucks him up which surprised me because I'm a lightweight smoker and he dabs, so...

The color darkens indoor, but I think the cool outdoor night air, like with other strains, really brings it on. Not black like momma, but still makes a beautiful bag. Bud structure is good, but a little leafy. No foxtailing at all. Small plants and numerous small nugs, which is surprising since the seeds are so big.

Grew Two of these outdoors last summer. Unfortunately both were males.
Fast growth, 5-6ft even after topping in 3 gallon fabric pots.

I did save plenty of pollen and have a cross with a auto cheese. Hoping the Boreal
genes add size and mold resistance.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Hey Tycho. Ive been planning breeding autos and had some questions about the Boreal Lights Semi Auto seeds you sent me I grew 2019.

Trying to get an Idea of what generation the seeds are at and since I only grew them outdoors if they need sibling selection and crossing of auto x auto to stabilize the autoflowering trait?

Have you crossed the Boreal Lights to anything and grown out progeny to assess if the explosive vigor during stretch and flowering is passed on?

F1 generation photoperiod x autoflower cross yields 100% semi auto seeds. F2 semi auto x semi auto cross yields 25% photoperiod, 50% semi auto and 25% autoflowering seeds. F3 autoflowering x autoflowering cross yields 100% autoflowering seeds and is minimum number of generations needed to stabilize autoflowering trait.

Originally Crop King Northern Lights Auto feminized (minimum F3) seeds, then you obtained the assuming F4 seeds from the 3 plants your wife tortured lol. The seeds you sent me end 2018/beginning 2019 from the open pollination must be F5 at least and nearing stabilized.