What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Duke_Diamond’s Dominion Seed Co.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Here we go...last updates before I chop. Some are coming down soon, some are coming down later. Each pic came from different plants in the same garden bed.

Mold/bot hasn't been too much of an issue. Found a spot on one of the Dominions, but it wasn't bad...cut that top off and moved on...no big deal.

Had some two-spotted mites try to get a foothold on a few of them, but I got those fuckers under control using predator mites and a couple rounds of Dominion Organics Lacewing BE.

Easy plants to grow...buds are fat and tight as a drum. Not a huge yield on any of the plants, but it's all for personal use, so no worries. Smells are funky...not roadkill, but very funky, skunky...more to follow on that in my next update.

Dominion Skunks:
picture.php

picture.php

Granny Skunks:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'll post up some dried nug shots and some smoke reports when the time comes.

Cheers,

HB.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Hey was wondering if you ever plan on posting the bud shots from this grow? Nice job by the way.

Thanks. I do have some pics and thoughts on the strains from Duke that I ran. Let me just say that I've seen Duke being interviewed and I think he's a good dude that is committed to the plant. While there were some positives in these lines (very mold resistant, tight bud formation, decent yield), there were some negatives (no skunk smell after the cure in any of the plants I ran, one granny skunk hermed on me and seeded some of my other plants, high was just alright).

A little background...I started smoking herb here in Norcal in 1980-81. I used to get the best herb from an old head that would come into town every week to have pizza and beer at my local pizzeria...He had a connect that grew skunk in Mendo and another connect along the coast near Big Sur. He used to bring me lots of excellent NL and Purple, but the neon green skunk he used to bring up was my favorite at the time. Heavy hitting and very skunky...red eyed, shit eating grins are what we got after smoking that stuff. Some very good herb at a time in history where all the import started to go down in quality.

That said, I know what skunk is because I was smoking it back then...and this is not it. I'm not even sure where this whole "roadkill" thing started, but we never called it that back then. It was just "skunk" or "KGB"...that's what we called it.

Sorry if I'm disappointing some of you, but I have to be honest here. I have no agenda and absolutely nothing against Duke himself. I get seeds and grow them out the best I can every year. I will say that the best plants I've ever grown in the past were from seed I got for free or in trade from other growers who were dedictated to the craft and not in it for the money.

I myself don't grow for profit...In fact, I end up giving away most of what I grow every year and keeping the best herb I find for myself. I've been giving away most of Duke's gear that I grew out and people are generally pleased with it. Most people when asked what they think about the smoke say it's alright...which it is...it's just not my cup of tea. I will say the bud makes excellent rosin though, so there's that...

P0btxGal.jpg

Granny skunk that didn't herm. Smells spicy mostly...cinnamon pumpkin with some fruity hash thrown in. High is pretty good from the flower itself, but I prefer to make rosin with this and smoke it that way. High is mostly aimed at the body, so it makes for a decent night time smoke.
vFm7XG0l.jpg

Dominion skunk...this one is probably my favorite out of the lot. Smoke is not harsh at all, very smooth. Makes really good rosin, most people like this one the best. Has that same spicy fruit smell that the granny has, but it's different...not really hashy smelling, more fruit and spice. High is better than the Granny skunk, imho....a little more uplifting and works ok for day time.
pNIH3EEl.jpg

Granny skunk that hermed. Must have happened in the later weeks of flower because the pollen didn't travel too far. Some of my other plants in the bed got hit, but it wasn't too bad. Haven't smoked this one...haven't even made rosin out of it yet.
KidjYsCl.jpg

So, that's it...my unsolicited advice would be to look elsewhere if you're trying to find that true skunk funk because I didn't find it in the plants I grew. Not saying it isn't there somewhere...it's not like I popped whole packs, but it wasn't there in the examples I grew out. After having chased the skunk for years, I'm starting to think it just doesn't exist anymore...at least not in the way I remember it...which is fine because there are so many other solid strains to grow out these days, it almost makes it a non issue...at least for me.

Cheers,

HB.

H.Stoner

thx a ton for ur honesty. as suspected nice weed don't make it the real deal. i no longer hunt for RKS cause too much available.

JimmyToucan

I've never seen the Dominion Skunk advertised as being RKS. Half the people that talk about RKS grew up in the suburbs and never seen a dead animal on the side of the road in their life, let alone a skunk. Forget about getting them to understand the difference between a little skunk spray and a rotting carcass.

My DS were all stocky well branched plants that did not like fulvics later in flower and were not heavy feeders. Fuck that up and you'll see a few late banners. Smells were right out of the book; hot black rubber, chemical hash funk. The Chem, skunk and puck all came through and the grow followed along with the notes provided.

The biggest issue is the Roadkill tourrettes people seem to have; any time skunk is mentioned someone manages to relate it to the RKS and then come the angry villagers pissed off they didn't find the kill. Yerp

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
I've never seen the Dominion Skunk advertised as being RKS. Half the people that talk about RKS grew up in the suburbs and never seen a dead animal on the side of the road in their life, let alone a skunk. Forget about getting them to understand the difference between a little skunk spray and a rotting carcass.

My DS were all stocky well branched plants that did not like fulvics later in flower and were not heavy feeders. Fuck that up and you'll see a few late banners. Smells were right out of the book; hot black rubber, chemical hash funk. The Chem, skunk and puck all came through and the grow followed along with the notes provided.

The biggest issue is the Roadkill tourrettes people seem to have; any time skunk is mentioned someone manages to relate it to the RKS and then come the angry villagers pissed off they didn't find the kill. Yerp

Thanks for the info, Jimmy...did you grow your DS inside or out? I fed all my plants at least a couple times with AACT and I also gave them a few SST feeds during veg and flower. The holes were precharged with a dry fert 2-3 weeks before they got transplanted during early veg. Other than the compost tea and SST applications...the plants got nothing but filtered water...no overfeeding issues (as you can see from my pics above) and one of the granny skunks still hermed on me. Yerp.

Do you have any pics of your plants or maybe some dried bud shots? I’m curious to see how yours looked.

Thanks,

HB.

Drewsif

The biggest issue is unqualified opportunistic wannabe breeders with no education or morals, who really want you to believe 10 random seeds from random shoots of random plants is worth 100 a pack if the name is cool enough and there dealing connections reach far enough. Maybe one of these Americans can afford w High Times ad one day, but they seem to enjoy sticking with Internet clientele for the time being.

RKS didn't exist anywhere before the internet forums, proving a marketing and branding move (I've seen the hard pack art) I'm more convinced you're the confused one, Jimmy. No one is reminiscent for a skunk spray-rotting meat combo. When they say RKS, they are talking about an exploded scent gland with no hash, not a rotting carcass funk. They say Skunk in the real world, not RKS. Thats just internet slang, probably from Europeans who didn't know what a "flattened skunk" description indicated and assumed dead meat was the attribute. . At least in my part of the country (the middle).

In fact you cant smell the carcass of a dead skunk over the exploded scent gland. If you think you can, youve probably mistaken a flattened kitty for a flattened skunk. Its okay, my skunks all think they are cats, i fed black and white somethings last night, who knows, it can get confusing when half the neighbor cats are black and white.

Anyways, anyone misusing the term, you tend to blame the person charging money if you're a brain bearing human. What does a mislead customer have to gain? We know who the assholes in this industry are: The unqualified opportunistic salesmen of an infantile market, silent unskilled salesmen with no sales pitch other than a name to ride or a word to exploit, and no other opportunity or skillset to carve out a living for themselves than to sell bagseeds for 10 bucks a pop, of the only plant on earth who's breeders do not know the names of plant parts..

I can grow a Skunk that tastes like vanilla, or one that tastes like lemon lime pinesol sewer water. Or one that taste like hashless skunk weed. Name one breeder that will save me the time from growing the bad mismatched flavors, and I'll give them the first actually deserved credit any Cannabis breeder will get. All these wannabee clowns pretending we know how they grew the shit? Or that what they claim is even remotely based on reality (new Cindy 99 sucks dick)? Or think the soil doesn't matter? Name one breeder with a disclaimer against shitty grow practices or an exact number on how many phenos in each "strain". They obviously don't care. Non of these breeders care. They are selling beans for 10 bucks a pop and that's all they care about. Its like buying a bike from Walmart with the brake cables all twisted and the handlebars on backwards. They dont give a fuck,they just sold a heap of scrap for 100 bucks, they don't fucking care.

Got the 6 mill after seeing some flowers of her in line for seeds at the 2018 Emerald Cup.
6 mill is Screaming Eagle x Local H...
and a friggin beast in Big Rootz Soil and 200 gal smart pots.
Here's two pics from today. Pheno 1 and pheno 2.

JimmyToucan

The biggest issue is unqualified opportunistic wannabe breeders with no education or morals, who really want you to believe 10 random seeds from random shoots of random plants is worth 100 a pack if the name is cool enough and there dealing connections reach far enough. Maybe one of these Americans can afford w High Times ad one day, but they seem to enjoy sticking with Internet clientele for the time being.

RKS didn't exist anywhere before the internet forums, proving a marketing and branding move (I've seen the hard pack art) I'm more convinced you're the confused one, Jimmy. No one is reminiscent for a skunk spray-rotting meat combo. When they say RKS, they are talking about an exploded scent gland with no hash, not a rotting carcass funk. They say Skunk in the real world, not RKS. Thats just internet slang, probably from Europeans who didn't know what a "flattened skunk" description indicated and assumed dead meat was the attribute. . At least in my part of the country (the middle).

In fact you cant smell the carcass of a dead skunk over the exploded scent gland. If you think you can, youve probably mistaken a flattened kitty for a flattened skunk. Its okay, my skunks all think they are cats, i fed black and white somethings last night, who knows, it can get confusing when half the neighbor cats are black and white.

Anyways, anyone misusing the term, you tend to blame the person charging money if you're a brain bearing human. What does a mislead customer have to gain? We know who the assholes in this industry are: The unqualified opportunistic salesmen of an infantile market, silent unskilled salesmen with no sales pitch other than a name to ride or a word to exploit, and no other opportunity or skillset to carve out a living for themselves than to sell bagseeds for 10 bucks a pop, of the only plant on earth who's breeders do not know the names of plant parts..

I can grow a Skunk that tastes like vanilla, or one that tastes like lemon lime pinesol sewer water. Or one that taste like hashless skunk weed. Name one breeder that will save me the time from growing the bad mismatched flavors, and I'll give them the first actually deserved credit any Cannabis breeder will get. All these wannabee clowns pretending we know how they grew the shit? Or that what they claim is even remotely based on reality (new Cindy 99 sucks dick)? Or think the soil doesn't matter? Name one breeder with a disclaimer against shitty grow practices or an exact number on how many phenos in each "strain". They obviously don't care. Non of these breeders care. They are selling beans for 10 bucks a pop and that's all they care about. Its like buying a bike from Walmart with the brake cables all twisted and the handlebars on backwards. They dont give a fuck,they just sold a heap of scrap for 100 bucks, they don't fucking care.

Lol. No doubt there's plenty of opportunistic fucks out there but if you haven't found one single breeder whose gear you like that's on you. Best of luck.

JimmyToucan

Thanks for the info, Jimmy...did you grow your DS inside or out? I fed all my plants at least a couple times with AACT and I also gave them a few SST feeds during veg and flower. The holes were precharged with a dry fert 2-3 weeks before they got transplanted during early veg. Other than the compost tea and SST applications...the plants got nothing but filtered water...no overfeeding issues (as you can see from my pics above) and one of the granny skunks still hermed on me. Yerp.

Do you have any pics of your plants or maybe some dried bud shots? I’m curious to see how yours looked.

Thanks,

HB.

I should have some on my old phone I'll have to check. Never grew the granny but have had zero problems with anything I have run so far. Still got the Local and Polecat to go through.

HydroOrganicFla

Veteran
That DD looks great! Nice job

Thank you!

Duke's breeding makes it easy.

His breeder notes are without a doubt, the most helpful I've ever seen. Pretty close to actual instructions.

It shows just how much testing and stability has been done on a strain.

Back in the day, the Amsterdam and BC seed companies did a great job with breeder notes for the most part.

Over the last few years, it seems that detailed breeding info has gone out the window for a lot of these "seed companies".

I see some strains advertised that only list the parentage.

Some don't have that even.

That's why I only buy from a handful of breeders, myself.

G13Fan

I am growing about 10 diff strains of DD they all are kicking ass. I popped a ton of seeds almost 100 percent the plants are really really nice hope they blossom out well and smell oh so yummy and different .

HydroOrganicFla

Veteran
I am growing about 10 diff strains of DD they all are kicking ass. I popped a ton of seeds almost 100 percent the plants are really really nice hope they blossom out well and smell oh so yummy and different[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83250&pictureid=2055537&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83250&pictureid=2055540&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] .

Right on, you're running the Dominion Diesel outside?

That should turn out well. The smells I'm getting from mine are great. Can't stop smelling them. As of now, looks like it'll go about 70 days indoors.