What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New L.E.D. Arrays & LowRyder2

threeeleven

dav zap said:
And an observation of my own; light doesn't seem to hinder the plant or root development. Friendly challenge; find it in text from some kind of authority on the subject. I'll bet you won't find it other than an old myth. :rant:

Personally, when I used to use 1 or 2 liter soda bottles I used to get nasty algae growth all around the inside of the container... Switched to regular black square pots and never looked back... :rasta:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Oh can I play?

dav zap said:
Thanks for visiting and participating. Before I forget:

ULTRA-VIOLET Frequency#B also will be employed for the express purpose of THC decarboxilation.

Decarboxilation will occur with proper drying and Curing

In other words, more potent THC.

:laughing: More Potent THC can not be "Induced" thru lighting.....you may very well create a more "Potent" over all plant matter. (more gland Heads)

But not more potent THC.........thats Genetic's

Remember in nature the UV is on all day. Indoors and you gotta bring it in too. In the drobe I use a UV light from the pet shop. Lizard Lamps. They require UV-B.

And an observation of my own; light doesn't seem to hinder the plant or root development. Friendly challenge; find it in text from some kind of authority on the subject. I'll bet you won't find it other than an old myth. :rant:

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
ahh, well it sounds like you didn't need help. :redface: whatever gives you restults, :yes: i am by no means an 'expert' cannabis cultivator; i was just trying to help.

i've got my fingers crossed for a healthy baby girl!! good luck dav!
be peaceful; :kos:
natty

dav zap

appointment with DrBudGrengenes

appointment with DrBudGrengenes

Hello there. The reason that I am going with the LR2 is actually because it is a dwarf, which keeps it an easy size to deal with. Thank-You for visiting. The LR2 gives a good but limited yield. Decent buzz.

dav zap

threeeleven roulette wheel

threeeleven roulette wheel

Its funny what gets algae and what doesn't. In my three foot DWC the red plastic lid gets a tiny bit of algae but not the white basin. The clear plastic used for the DWC with the LEDs is dumped and cleaned at every change of nutrient, so it never develops. At all. Also, a little algae won't harm anything anyhow.

dav zap

re-schedule DrBudGreengenes

re-schedule DrBudGreengenes

I used sloppy terminology, excuse me and thank-you for the illucidation. The THC is what it is BUT U-V will develop the plant material, (decarboxillate the precursors to THC.) So there will be more (not stronger)
THC. In the end, = more better stoned, eh. How's that hit ya? Its as good as I can remember. No getting around it, UV-B.
PEACE

dav zap

Nattynattygurrl

Nattynattygurrl

Hi again and thanks for not letting me bug you. I didn't mean to. Nice to see you, though. Thats two of us hoping for a girl. Thank-You for visiting and please don't stop participating. OK.
PEACE :wave:

dav zap

knna greetings man.

knna greetings man.

Hey man, nice to see you again, dude. Hey I just got to tell y'all about a great new thing that developed; I cut a deal to replace my older original LEDs from the company, so that this grow will be with all new "XB" series arrays. (XB = extra bright) About double the brightness of the older originals. And since I know the old ones will produce adequately, the new ones should be very competitive to HID. Thanks for visiting and I'll look forward to seeing you later in the grow show. :rant:

slohemian

What did that cost you, and where did u buy from? Im anxious to see how this goes, this is what i wanted my 1st setup to look like.

Last edited:

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
good luck...

LED's don't grow good plants...and they sure as shit don't flower good plants. You might be saving energy my man, but you are wasting time.

T5's are a good low energy source of light for indoor gardens...and they work!!

DownDrome

Hi, bloody intersting this is, i was thinking of trying it myself. but from what i remember thoes spot light arrays weren't all that cheep.

does anyone know of a thread of a LED grow from start to finnish?

slohemian

sunnyside said:
good luck...

LED's don't grow good plants...and they sure as shit don't flower good plants. You might be saving energy my man, but you are wasting time.

T5's are a good low energy source of light for indoor gardens...and they work!!

Its proven that LED's can definitely grow good plants. It is also proven that the yield is smaller. Potency did not differ. The only thing you dont get with LED's that you do with HID's is yield.

Although, i havent seen a light setup like this guy has. Im sure of its potent bud, but the yield is up in the air.

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
slohemian said:
Its proven that LED's can definitely grow good plants. It is also proven that the yield is smaller. Potency did not differ. The only thing you dont get with LED's that you do with HID's is yield.

Although, i havent seen a light setup like this guy has. Im sure of its potent bud, but the yield is up in the air.

then show us the proof? I have "my ear to the ground" on this one. I have asked a lot of questions to a lot of growers and sellers of LED's. I am convinced that they do not work the way they want you to think they work. LED's do not grow good plants. I've seen the results with my own eyes...

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
thanks for the link TK...

3:55 into the clip...you can see for yourself the difference. One is done...one hasn't even gotten started.

slohemian

sunnyside said:
then show us the proof? I have "my ear to the ground" on this one. I have asked a lot of questions to a lot of growers and sellers of LED's. I am convinced that they do not work the way they want you to think they work. LED's do not grow good plants. I've seen the results with my own eyes...

Video Evidence:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=b7Weu61rrBk&feature=related

Its the yield thats changed. Thats it.

And one more for good measure:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oytUFZz9SGM

Last edited:

dav zap

Hello slohemian

Hello slohemian

Hi. The main thing that I am trying for here is what you are looking for, too. Yield. I've grown with less units before and the bud was more potent than HPS. So I was up the stream already, I added more lights to get yield.
Fingers crossed.

PEACE & POT