What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are the earliest OGs???

JetLife175

Veteran
Was having this debate with a fellow grower/lover of cannabis genetics and wanted some input.

For the heads that were around late 90s to mid 2k which were the first ten or so that popped up to gain popularity and are they still around? These are the ones I came up With.

Kush/OGers/OG now the Josh D. The original.
XXX/Tripple from CALM
Larry
Skywalker
Legend from CALM
Topanga/Pure/Hollywood on
Poison OG
Abusive
Diablo from RDC
Fire OG

anyone have any others they can remember?

JetLife175

Veteran
Not trying to this into a chem is OG thing. I'm trying to gather a list of proven old cuts with the OG moniker on it.

Tahoe and SFV? How the fuck did I forget those haha.

Frank mentioned some gems. The BTY and Fcut were killer!!!

Anyone know the difference between Skywalker and Skywalker g cut?

fvasquez

Was having this debate with a fellow grower/lover of cannabis genetics and wanted some input.

For the heads that were around late 90s to mid 2k which were the first ten or so that popped up to gain popularity and are they still around? These are the ones I came up With.

Kush/OGers/OG now the Josh D. The original.
XXX/Tripple from CALM
Larry
Skywalker
Legend from CALM
Topanga/Pure/Hollywood on
Poison OG
Abusive
Diablo from RDC
Fire OG

anyone have any others they can remember?

First OG I ever bought at a dispensary was the Fire OG from RDC. Spear-shaped nugs that smelled like deep earth with the usual gas overtones. Did the Fire OG originate from RDC as well as the Diablo? Haven't had a bomb Fire OG since then.

JetLife175

Veteran
First OG I ever bought at a dispensary was the Fire OG from RDC. Spear-shaped nugs that smelled like deep earth with the usual gas overtones. Did the Fire OG originate from RDC as well as the Diablo? Haven't had a bomb Fire OG since then.

The fire comes from raskal. RDC sure had some fire way back when.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Not trying to this into a chem is OG thing. I'm trying to gather a list of proven old cuts with the OG moniker on it.

Tahoe and SFV? How the fuck did I forget those haha.

Frank mentioned some gems. The BTY and Fcut were killer!!!

Anyone know the difference between Skywalker and Skywalker g cut?

I found my killer og pheno in a pack seeds that I bought as an og kush. Inside of the pack said chem 91 s1. 9 years ago. Now phylos says chem 91 is mother of ghost, triangle and many others.

Chem 91 and chem d are not the same. You guys can hash out the details.

CrushnYuba

So I'm not sure what was really first.
The first "og" i ever saw was the grass valley Nepalese. It later got renamed to tahoe og when it traveled an hour east to tahoe. I believe this one was the first off you aren't counting chem 91.

Ghost og and sfv popped up around the time that the Nepalese became tahoe. All other OGs came after.

The nep has been a grass valley staple since the 90s. There are still guys running it hard, but new cuts are probably better.

therevverend

Veteran
I thought the OGs were manufactured in a Monsanto/CIA/Phylos lab during the 2nd Gulf War. To flood the USA with evil trademarked genetically mutated Roundup ready bastardized couchlock opiate-like weed forcing the enslaved coffee addicted masses to cover California with Greenhouses to spread the strain like a plague world-wide. Replacing all other forms of cannabis enslaving the human race in addiction to high potency mark of the beast herouana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uL53dafh80

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
What does OG stand for?
I thought the OG kush, was basically the Kush circulated as cuttings between a lot of OG members. Used to breed most of the others on that list. Many of which I have never heard of.

The guy that told me this is quite worthless, so it's no surprise to be wrong. I can't search for a two letter string though, so this hole in my knowledge has been niggling at me for ages

Mohadib

Veteran
What does OG stand for?
I thought the OG kush, was basically the Kush circulated as cuttings between a lot of OG members. Used to breed most of the others on that list. Many of which I have never heard of.

The guy that told me this is quite worthless, so it's no surprise to be Weingärtner. I can't search for a two letter string though, so this hole in my knowledge has been niggling at me for ages

There's a bunch of different stories floating around, but according to the most credible one, 'OG' was a tag that was applied to a specific cultivar that entered the Californian Cannabis scene in the mid 90s. This cultivar was called 'Kush'.

After it spread throughout the 'scene', people quickly realized you could charge enormous prices for this 'Kush' weed, because of it's outstanding quality and because it was pretty hard to get (well, and because of the hype that surounded it). It didn't take long until 'Kush' became a name that was slapped on pretty much everything because it sold so well. The 'OG' prefix was added by the people that brought it to the scene to indicate was the original Kush. Hence 'OG' simply means 'original'.

Just search for 'Josh D', 'Matt 'Bubba' Berger' or simply 'OG Kush' - you'll find tons of info ;)

Gaslit

Get yourself some of BOG's gear the viney ones that pop up are OGK phenos, not watered down bluedreamOG bullshit real deal fresh OGK+his personal touch.. Might be strawberry or blueberry flavored instead of lemonpinesol, but its on the same level. only one i found in his pure SourBubble was a male so cant speak on the viney pure SB

Gaslit

I thought the OGs were manufactured in a Monsanto/CIA/Phylos lab during the 2nd Gulf War. To flood the USA with evil trademarked genetically mutated Roundup ready bastardized couchlock opiate-like weed forcing the enslaved coffee addicted masses to cover California with Greenhouses to spread the strain like a plague world-wide. Replacing all other forms of cannabis enslaving the human race in addiction to high potency mark of the beast herouana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uL53dafh80

Find UP's description of the Forum cut its fuckin hilatious

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
There's a bunch of different stories floating around, but according to the most credible one, 'OG' was a tag that was applied to a specific cultivar that entered the Californian Cannabis scene in the mid 90s. This cultivar was called 'Kush'.

After it spread throughout the 'scene', people quickly realized you could charge enormous prices for this 'Kush' weed, because of it's outstanding quality and because it was pretty hard to get (well, and because of the hype that surounded it). It didn't take long until 'Kush' became a name that was slapped on pretty much everything because it sold so well. The 'OG' prefix was added by the people that brought it to the scene to indicate was the original Kush. Hence 'OG' simply means 'original'.

Just search for 'Josh D', 'Matt 'Bubba' Berger' or simply 'OG Kush' - you'll find tons of info ;)

There's something to this. I worked with Bubba for a few weeks. I don't claim it's truth to the utmost but his story told to me essentially tells of an unfortunate/fortunate cross which by any measure was an accident in a basement.

And if you have a particular Tahoe, you're lucky. I didn't know the Nepalese connection until now but that plant is awesome. The one I'm working with is a suspected Swerve variation, which even if it's not the true Tahoe, is excellent. Perfect structure, huge buds.