What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ex Cigarette Smokers

Bobby Boucher

I started sourcing whole leaf tobacco and shredding/stuffing my own smokes for 10 bucks a carton about a month and a half ago. The first few days without my store bought cigarettes I had some really strange withdrawal symptoms.

The constant pain in my left forearm has almost completely subsided.

Seems like these will be easier to quit without all those additives.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I've never liked the smell or taste of tobacco. My girlfriend has had this habit the past few years of social smoking. Doesn't smoke everyday but on lunch breaks with coworkers or while out drinking with friends she has one or two. She probably goes through a pack every few months so I wouldn't say it was an addiction. I can always tell when she's smoked cause frankly, it makes kisses taste like shit. Hate being that guy, but I've really been riding her ass for it.

St. Phatty

I've smoked at times. If I was stressed out about moving, had to pass a drug test.

Those 'life changes' where you use the Tobacco to help deal with anxiety, I guess.

Camel and Marlboro.

I have been in situations where I dealt with the general mechanic public (as opposed to the general public), and sold tools.

Of course if you get 2 tool users, machinists, mechanics etc together and the conversation often lasts 1/2 hour.

So talking with folks, I observed a lot of people living with chronic pain, that they commented about, and smoking Ciggies.

I always wondered what kinds of pain they were treating with the Cigs.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It takes an average of 30 tries to quit cigs from a recent study. I think I went around that number. I would quit for a couple hours to several months. So if you failed a few times just keep at it.

DHEA for restoration of lung function I already posted a link. On pain the nicotine helps with just about any problem. Tired? Smoke a cig. Nervous? Cig. Pain? Cig. I doubt there is any less pain after smoking but it gets your mind off it a bit.

Green Squall

I have been in situations where I dealt with the general mechanic public (as opposed to the general public), and sold tools.

Of course if you get 2 tool users, machinists, mechanics etc together and the conversation often lasts 1/2 hour.

So talking with folks, I observed a lot of people living with chronic pain, that they commented about, and smoking Ciggies.

I always wondered what kinds of pain they were treating with the Cigs.

Were they on any kind of pain medication. Cigarettes can compliment the effects of opiods I've noticed. At least this is what I saw with my friend RIP.

Personally, I've considered taking up the habit to deal with pain indirectly, but decided the trade off isn't worth the risk in the long run. I have a horrible gastrointestinal disease and there have been studies that have showed tobacco use can lead to remission and the repair of the colons mucosal layer. IBD is extremely common with ex-smokers, especially if someone in your family has it. I actually remember an old "House" episode where he prescribed 2 cigarettes a day to a patient lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESoYS9SZW-4

JohnnyChicago

It takes an average of 30 tries to quit cigs from a recent study. I think I went around that number. I would quit for a couple hours to several months. So if you failed a few times just keep at it.

DHEA for restoration of lung function I already posted a link. On pain the nicotine helps with just about any problem. Tired? Smoke a cig. Nervous? Cig. Pain? Cig. I doubt there is any less pain after smoking but it gets your mind off it a bit.

I smoked for 20 years and 8 years ago I quit cigs at my first real try. Bought a vaporizer and had enough weed, but also vaped other herbs like valerian, hop etc. I was stoned and tired all the time and when I felt the need to smoke, I simply inhaled another balloon. But the most important probably is the will.

Last year I started smoking again, but only pure weed and almost only pure sativas because that is what's working best for my joint pain and now I'm smoking almost daily, but no need and no desire of smoking tobacco.

I really don't understand why smoking sativas works better for my pain, but actually I feel better than ever.

Have few friends who don't understand, I'm going back to combustion... But I don't care. Enjoying my life much better now, with less pain and smoking with friends or in public is much more enjoyable than vaping alone or having to carry your vaporizers around.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Yeah, I have a good vape I guess but it does not get used really. I smoke just a bit so what the hell right? The high from smoking is more intense and satisfying to me.

I take a chillum or joint toke into my mouth and let it set a second then inhale. Takes the bite out of smoking for me, not inhaling hot air into my lungs. I also left the indicas behind for the moment, they take the energy out of me too much.

I had to quit smoking pot when I quit cigs as the two went together so well. I was off pot for 20 years due to that and also my contacts got lost. I see lots of older people going into the pot shop. I grow my own though, never had any pot shop pot that was to my liking very much.

BombBudPuffa

Veteran
I finally quit smoking a couple months back. Tried everything before and nothing worked. This time I quit cold turkey and it wasn't too bad. Trying to quit a bunch of times before mentally prepared me, I guess.

RB56

Veteran
Celiac can also flare after quitting smoking - happened to my GF. Took months to figure out.

Were they on any kind of pain medication. Cigarettes can compliment the effects of opiods I've noticed. At least this is what I saw with my friend RIP.

Personally, I've considered taking up the habit to deal with pain indirectly, but decided the trade off isn't worth the risk in the long run. I have a horrible gastrointestinal disease and there have been studies that have showed tobacco use can lead to remission and the repair of the colons mucosal layer. IBD is extremely common with ex-smokers, especially if someone in your family has it. I actually remember an old "House" episode where he prescribed 2 cigarettes a day to a patient lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESoYS9SZW-4

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
only read first page but id say it might be ferts in yer weed, I smoked cigs 35 years been quit almost a year, I grow my own weed and puff no issues but im organic and water only last 4 to 5 weeks for super fade. but I just went to californ ia for a month and could barely smoke the weed out there from the dispensary it was complete garbage, sometimes would find weed smooth enough to enjoy. how do you grow yer weeds?

edit:and the Carts in cali make my throat hurt something fierce . complete garbage, ive made oil and hash of all sorts and it doesn't taste like that they are selling , think ill stick to homegrown, water only, good dirt ftw

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
only read first page but id say it might be ferts in yer weed, I smoked cigs 35 years been quit almost a year, I grow my own weed and puff no issues but im organic and water only last 4 to 5 weeks for super fade. but I just went to californ ia for a month and could barely smoke the weed out there from the dispensary it was complete garbage, sometimes would find weed smooth enough to enjoy. how do you grow yer weeds?
I found the terp profile plays a role in the degree of harshness. I am not denying that improperly flushed weed can be a culprit, but, it is not the only thing. e.g my dutch treat is creamy and smooth (vaporized) whilst Gdp is a little more on the harsher side. I was told it was the myrcene content that gives off the peppery taste that hits me at the back of the throat. Upon research it seems it is caryophyllene that provides the spicy peppery profile. AAMOF Gdp contains 3X the amount of caryophyllene when compared against NL. NL is a beautiful smoke/vape.

Not all things are created equal :tiphat:

Green Squall

edit:and the Carts in cali make my throat hurt something fierce . complete garbage, ive made oil and hash of all sorts and it doesn't taste like that they are selling , think ill stick to homegrown, water only, good dirt ftw

My weed is very clean with a white ash. I've always gone by the motto less is more when it comes to feeding my plants. In veg I usually only give it fish hydrosolate and always stop giving it flowering nutes weeks before harvest, which I use sparingly. I remember back when I used to buy my weed, It wouldn't be uncommon to hack up some nasty phlegm. I've noticed this hasn't happened since I started growing my own and I'm mostly a joint guy nowadays. I've come to realize my dads lungs are probably just fucked from a lifetime of cigs. Even a vape makes him cough.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I use a cup of organic amendments at planting time and that's it. Last year I had a patch in a freshly cleared forest. I figured all that black forest humus would be the bomb. It was and bombed terribly. Most were about 2-3 feet tall with barely any branching. The same stuff in a pure 50 year old chicken manure pile were monsters and smoked beautifully.

I figure the trees took every last drop of nutes out of the soil. Just a guess though. But I did get some rodelization late November from them.

picture.php