What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please help me decide which seeds to pop first!!

FJ2000

shitcanned the male NL

shitcanned the male NL

I shit canned the male NL... done with that...
Did a DIY SCROG with PVC got lots of tops on the AI and the 2 kings kush are coming but the AI will dominate the tent.

Made some clones of the AI if it’s any good I’ll keep a mother, if not,
into the mulch pile with the Nirvanas NLs....

DTOM420

What is “damping off?”

I’d have started with Autos or, at least, feminized photosensitive strains - just to avoid one of the problems you’ve had. All my seeds go into media with zero (or close to it) nutrients. The seedling doesn’t need any nutrients at all for st least 2 weeks and providing them at that early stage can kill or stunt them. Also, you mentioned watering every day...cannabis likes a dry out period and doesn’t like constantly wet soil. So, watering thoroughly (to runoff) and then letting them be until the top 1.5”-2” are basically dry before watering again will really help. Overwatering is one of the biggest problems newer growers have and it can really encourage fungus gnats - a problem you definitely don’t want!

Hope this help. Happy growing!

FJ2000

Lesson number 568...

Lesson number 568...

Getting ready to flower so I switched from MH to HPS, I’ve been running the Solis tek 600w MH at the 400 “Boost” setting at 18” above the canopy and they’ve done great.
I switched to the Hortilux super HPS and ran it at a full 600 watts, and after about 5 hours the plants freaked out. I had the light raised 36” and added a fan low near the passive intake. My temps read 78° and 50% RH. But I just the light was just to much, fan leaves on the KK stood up almost straight and started to canoe, the AI fan leaf tips all curled under... back down to 400 boost....

Canoed fan leaf

AI Scrog

What is “damping off?”

I’d have started with Autos or, at least, feminized photosensitive strains - just to avoid one of the problems you’ve had. All my seeds go into media with zero (or close to it) nutrients. The seedling doesn’t need any nutrients at all for st least 2 weeks and providing them at that early stage can kill or stunt them. Also, you mentioned watering every day...cannabis likes a dry out period and doesn’t like constantly wet soil. So, watering thoroughly (to runoff) and then letting them be until the top 1.5”-2” are basically dry before watering again will really help. Overwatering is one of the biggest problems newer growers have and it can really encourage fungus gnats - a problem you definitely don’t want!

Hope this help. Happy growing!

Damping off is fugus/mold attacking seedlings when they are in an overly damp environment.

I’m in coco, watering multiple times a day brings in not only water/nutrients but also oxygen. Drying out coco causes salt build up and ppm spikes.
You can grow big plants in small pots with coco, I’m in 3 gallon smart pots and my next run I want to use 2 galllon.

Thanks for checking out my grow.

FJ2000

Come on!!! BIG BUDS!!!

Come on!!! BIG BUDS!!!

Switched to 12/12 on Monday, the KK are really catching up with the stretch. The one on the left was topped once and on the right,left to do its own thing, see if I get a big ass main cola. h3ads formula has kicked ass so far, I haven’t used any epsom salt with no problems, but watching closely. The AI cloned very easily all 5 cuttings rooted in 10 days or so in small grodan cubes with Bontone powder from HD.
Keep waiting and watching for them big buds.

FJ2000

Thinning during flower?

Thinning during flower?

Just Finishing week 2 and the stretch for the last 2 weeks has been ~14" for all 3 plants. Buds are setting all over and it seems to be moving along nicely. Still using H3eds 6/9 formula but I think this will be the last week. Im going to switch over to 6/12 for a week then drop the micro all together and do 0/12 for a week.
Ive had some swings in temps 82-68 which sucks but I'll figure it out for next time. Thinking ahead, I may invest in a light rail rather then move to a 4x4, can see the uneven growth at 400w and If i go up to 600 i get the coverage but then the temps become a problem again. Im only growing for myself and it seems a 4x4 can give me more then i could smoke if all goes well.
Question, should I thin out lower leaves this far into flower? Some leaves are covering bud sites and I just push them under to expose the tops, can I just chop these out?
Sorry for the shitty pics, once i get some nice buds Ill hook up a better camera to shoot photos.

Thanks for checking the grow out
FJ

Mengsk

Looks great, that's the way it's done.

It's a pita but if you can pluck the fan leaves and tuck all the growing shoots horizontally under the screen one more time it will likely help fill and even the screen. Try to have the tallest branches on the perimeters or in the corners.

FJ2000

Hmmmm, nute burn or Ca/Mg problem?
Deep into week three here and some of the new/high mid leaves have some “burnt” looking tips. It’s only in the one small KK.
I’ve been feeding at 720-740 ppm 5.8-6.1 pH.
3 times a day with some run off.
Added some Epsom salt at 1 gram per gallon, bumped 720 up to 770. See what happens..

AI and KK week 3

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
sorry

sorry

Sorry for opening my big mouth earlier bro. I shouldn't try and give a pro advice! My mistake! I'm a newbie! Blown away! Super Grow! Learning a lot from this thread. Thanks

FJ2000

Hahaha!!

Hahaha!!

Sorry for opening my big mouth earlier bro. I shouldn't try and give a pro advice! My mistake! I'm a newbie! Blown away! Super Grow! Learning a lot from this thread. Thanks

Hell no dude!! I’m open to ANY comments, suggestions, constructive criticism! This is my first grow in 20 years and I’m literally just following the directions in the stickies. This site it’s packed with insane knowledge!! I never thought this grow would go this well and I’m actually getting more anxious waiting for the fuck up that eventually comes to us all. I’m just emulating the pros who have done the real work, losing crops, burning plants trying to find the right nute ratios etc...
I’m lucky enough to be doing this for fun, some dudes are taking risks that could mean the difference between paying the rent and being ass out.
Hang Loose Brother!
FJ

FJ2000

2000K sucks for photos!

2000K sucks for photos!

Week 5.....
No more micro, just bloom at 6.0-6.2
The AI is getting really resinious and has a crazy grapefruit smell.
The kings kush is definitely a week behind and has lost the grape soda smell that was coming off of it when flower started. The buds are more like balls with long internodes, rather then the tight shape of the AI, is this the OG influence? Sorry the pics suck, will get some good pics when the buds really start to fatten up.
Peace!

DJXX

Veteran
hey buddy ...for not growing in 20 years, it looks awesome...beauty work my friend..DJXX

FJ2000

Day 35

Day 35

Day 35 of the Aurora Indica and Kings Kush. Trying to stay focused and not think to much about the next grow. Defiantly going to run the Seedsman Cheese and Skunk #1. Looking at 4x4 tents now, thought about 5x5 but at that point I think I’d just build out a room. Anyway..
Feeding just GH Flora bloom at 9ml/g in 50ppm tap water for a total of 380(+\-10ppm). Had some rain and my rh spiked to 68 but it’s been steady in the 28-40 range with temps ranging from 68-81. I think with a bigger tent I’ll get more control. I’m running an open hood and would like to air cool it in a 4X4, 2x4 is just to tight for the ducting and the 16” Phresh filter.
If I was going to add one additive at this point what would it be? Am I to late to make a difference? I see tiny brown tips now on the buds, is that burn or deficiency? It’s only the tiniest bit.
Here some pics
FJ

Latest posts

Latest posts