What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chem/Diesel/OG/Blueberry crosses

TheBlaze

I'm a big fan of the genetics listed in my thread title. Only strain I have running at the moment that doesn't match the title, is a Purple Envy (purple urkle x gdp x grape ape) mother.

I was recently gifted some golden tree genetics. So, going forward, there will always be some of his stuff on display here as well.

Here are some pics to start the thread off.

Some strawberry diesel I harvested recently. This is the fireball pheno. It has a spicy cinnamon smell like hotshots or those fireball jawbreakers. Tasty stuff.

20171123_202449_zpscitu1rpy.jpg

Darlin's Net #1 (my #1 labelled cut. the only one that survived) clone.

20171125_162550_zpsdlgogwut.jpg

Purple Envy mother

20171125_162558_zpseoenmzpy.jpg

GT's LV420 (chemdog 91 x blueberry) 11 days old

20171125_162617_zps90ghyjsy.jpg

New Blue Diesel (NYC diesel x blueberry) 11 days old. Had 3 6yo beans. Only 2 popped. Hope I get a nice female.

20171125_162629_zpstquwxuju.jpg

Looks good. I love the strawberry diesel as well. Which breeder is it from? I have a strawberry diesel that smells just like strawberry candy and get's nice and purple in cool temps. Came from Devil Harvest Seeds.

TheBlaze

Thanks Puff

Mine is from Holy Smoke Seeds. I've heard good things about Devils Harvest though. I've seen their SSD in action, and it looked really good. I think their cross of strawberry diesel uses sour diesel, while HSS uses nyc diesel.

I've popped another 4 beans, so stick around if you're keen to see them in action. I made a critical mistake last time, and cut them back aggressively before flipping them. They flopped all over the place in flower, and never progressed properly. Was a constant uphill battle. Had to use 45 plant ties to keep the buds up on 2 plants. This time, I won't cut away the mains like that again.

Definitely will. I was happy with the Devils Harvest Seeds version but I am a big fan of Sour Diesel. I used to have a great mother of Rez's SD IBL.

The Devils Harvest gave me two different phenos that I've grown for the last year but one's on its last run. The second one was more narcotic of a stone with a subtle flavor but not that classic diesel flavor I'm seeking for my garden long term.

Hope you get a good female from the New Blue Diesel. That sounds great.

~star~crash~

one year i grew out the original DJ short BB it was in the mid 1990's i think i have a pic if i can find it i will post it ... it was some of the tastiest and unique flavor of marijuana ... it was not very stable i had different pheno's some were better all were good ...potency was quite acceptable but it was mostly about incredible flavor ...she had big fat calyx's

TheBlaze

Definitely will. I was happy with the Devils Harvest Seeds version but I am a big fan of Sour Diesel. I used to have a great mother of Rez's SD IBL.

The Devils Harvest gave me two different phenos that I've grown for the last year but one's on its last run. The second one was more narcotic of a stone with a subtle flavor but not that classic diesel flavor I'm seeking for my garden long term.

Hope you get a good female from the New Blue Diesel. That sounds great.

I've heard great things about Rez's sour diesel. His legacy seems to be tainted with some BS though. Never know what/who to believe in this industry. I once ran a sour chiesel (don't laugh) and that was pure candied grapefruit. Probably the best tasting and smelling strain I've ever come across. Although new blue diesel and a few other strains are right up there as well.

The nug pictured above in my first post has a nice diesel taste to it. Just slightly lacking in potency, although still a solid smoke. Nice and mellow, with the giggles if you're in the right mood.

The new blue diesel I've grown in the past (same seed stock) has a great diesel and soap taste. Sounds disgusting, but it's not. In flower, it smells like mango or passion fruit but in the jars it takes on a fuely/fruity/dank smell. It kicks like a mule as well. Not sure why it was discontinued. MJ Passion said it herms easily, but I've never had that. I think my beans are S1's though.

one year i grew out the original DJ short BB it was in the mid 1990's i think i have a pic if i can find it i will post it ... it was some of the tastiest and unique flavor of marijuana ... it was not very stable i had different pheno's some were better all were good ...potency was quite acceptable but it was mostly about incredible flavor ...she had big fat calyx's

I would love to see a few photos of that if you can dig it up Star. A lot of the blueberry crosses I've run over the years have that funny leaf crinkle. Like it's pinched in the middle. You can see it the photo above as well. The blueberry used in the LV420 from GT is an early blueberry as well. Man, I love a good blueberry cross. Blue Venom from G13 was fantastic.

Bmac1

Veteran
I currently have a plant 2 weeks into flower and it is the sour diesel riri cut that was hit with a dj blueberry male. Looking nice so far at just over 2 weeks into 12/12.

Love that chem 91 x bb combo.

~star~crash~

Here's a DJ Shorts Original Blueberry

Here's a DJ Shorts Original Blueberry

grown by me in the late 1990's as i'm remembering >>>
picture.php

TheBlaze

I currently have a plant 2 weeks into flower and it is the sour diesel riri cut that was hit with a dj blueberry male. Looking nice so far at just over 2 weeks into 12/12.

Love that chem 91 x bb combo.

I'm going to have a look see at that journal of yours bud. Sounds interesting.

Bmac1

Veteran
Ive been slacking on updates so not much on it. I have been snapping pics though so a massive update is in order.

Here's a nug of the Strawberry Diesel during trimming

picture.php

And one of it flowering in cooler temps

picture.php

I've just put in Chemdawg #4 (feminized) from BlimBurn Seeds into flower. Fast vegger. Blew past the other two.

Last edited:
Thanks not a great yielder but she keeps me happy. I'm down in Colombia and I brought some to the weed expo in Medellin recently and received positive feedback.

TheBlaze

Flower tent at 34 (darlins net dmt phenos) and 31 days (dnet GG#4 phenos) of 12/12

Seedlings at 17 days old (LV420 and New Blue Diesel)

Got my new phone today, so I decided to take the camera for a spin. I'm still getting the hang of it though. So the photos are not great, but this camera has potential. Definitely better than my old G3. More options though, so more to learn.

There is no real order to these photos.

The large veg girl is my purple envy mother, and the smaller veg girl is my dnet mother.

Latest posts

Latest posts