What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to make best use of a poor plant

Dblbogey

It was suggested by another poster on another thread that instead of throwing away a plant I have that only has Trichomes, and no Calyxes, and nearly no potency, to make hash out of it.

Don't know how to do that and was wondering what I could expect if I go the route of some kind of extraction process which would provide the best potency or will i just be wasting time. Don't want to make cookies with it, but if that's the best I can expect, that is what I will do.

Any help appreciated.

starke

Your least expensive and most simple option would be QWISO. Lots of good info on here on how to do it. Do a search.

HarvestMoon303

Cookies can get you pretty high. I wouldn't write them off just yet. Hash looks like a possibility, either bubble or QWISO as mentioned above. Is the plant dry yet? How does it look?

ULMW

Yes as all have said quick wash iso makes a decent oil or if you have the bubble bag set up then you could do a water based extraction from them.
If the plant matter is dry and there are any buds that might contain resin the dry sift is also an option just bounce small amounts at a time to avoid to much contamination.
Sort thru these IC mag pages and you will surely find something that matches your interest and skill base too. I pray you find something useful and get to enjoy the plant you grew. You will also find that even giving a bud a long cure , could awaken the potency. Then again if there is nothing there to begin with , it may be a wasted effort. Go with what you feel best. Every grow is a learning I had some Auto Amnesia domesticated seeds for outdoors that worked half of the time and the other half were like hemp. with next to nothing high , more headache! I learned I did not need to keep repeating the same strain as the hit miss ratio really was annoying. Now I go with some great Landrace strains and some tried and trusted breeders who stand by their seeds and are online here helping people with their grows even.
Last little idea of what to do with the plant is coconut oil extraction , make some coconut canna oil , very delicious in coffee and in foods too. Simple to make too.
Happy growing !