What's new

jerome baker glass

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Where is the studio on maui?
Been here two days and cannot find the studio.
Could use some direction...
Anyone?

MileHighGlass

FYI Jerome Baker setup a factory in India over a decade ago. They had problems running it and ultimately abandoned the project. So that American glass everyone was buying wasn't so American. :)

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
My wife still has an original Jerome Baker from back in the day. Cool piece, we bust it out every now and again. I heard he consults for other companies like Galaxy glass and such. But sold the jerome baker name to another company.

Kalyx

I still have my original JBD Pepe le Pew tube, now going on 18 years old. Only use it on special occasion, its a very sentimental piece for me and the longest surviving one I have owned. I will have to go break him out and get some pics now.

-Kalyx

lawlrus

I thought it was Jason Harris who was the main blower/ran the business, Jerome Baker was just a nom de plume, and they sold off the name to some Indochina glass company like 10 years ago? First bong I ever used was an original Jerome Baker some 12 years ago back in the grommet days before glass on glass took over.

JBD on hash church

JBD on hash church

Jason Harris was on hash church weeks (months?) ago and laid out the whole story of Jerome Baker Designs and name.

Jerome - Tribute to Jerry Garcia
Baker - Tribute to Cannabis

Jason, Mark and others also pointed out the many occasions they had a good laugh when people said they knew or had met Jerome Baker themselves before....lol

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As far as I know his studio is private...

He can occasionally be found at the Makai Glass Studio in Haliimaile

Jason is a very nice guy. Very humble. And just generally cool.

Aloha