What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Freeze drying and Rosin? Any uses

I wish I had something to add, but I basically have the same questions. Have people tried freeze drying any hash other than bubblehash? I've seen TC labs and Nikka T freeze drying bubblehash, but have never seen it used elsewhere.

bloyd

Veteran
I'm interested in one of these for drying buds should enable max terp retention.

Check out this : "Sand Dollar Hashish" https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=305374

Also as a "bonus" :

Tony V posted yesterday on (IG) about there (Bubbleman brand) usage of the harvest right in some of there production processes.

Thanks for the leads man. It's interesting to read that people are freeze drying their buds, with a cold trap to collect terps, and then running it with CO2.

I'd be interested if there were someway to replicate what you've done with "Sand Dollar Hashish" and apply it to Rosin/BHO/CO2... or if it would be a waste of time.

Ollie

Veteran
The SDH (Sand Dollar Hashish) shown, is made by Green Dot Labs.

In regards to applying the "tech" to the concentrates You stated, I think its a question thats based upon medical/recreational or (do You care or just want to get ..) ?

I guess most people will still prefer the existing sap/budder/crumble/etc. (bho) and there (rosin) to be thin, transparent and gooey.

However the new products from Tony V is really pushing the boundaries, both shelf/product stability and handling wise. They are in there own category.

But for the most people, at current times running there bho/rosin/co2 in a freeze dryer would be highly counter effective as to what they are looking for.

The SDH (Sand Dollar Hashish) shown, is made by Green Dot Labs.

In regards to applying the "tech" to the concentrates You stated, I think its a question thats based upon medical/recreational or (do You care or just want to get ..) ?

I guess most people will still prefer the existing sap/budder/crumble/etc. (bho) and there (rosin) to be thin, transparent and gooey.

However the new products from Tony V is really pushing the boundaries, both shelf/product stability and handling wise. They are in there own category.

But for the most people, at current times running there bho/rosin/co2 in a freeze dryer would be highly counter effective as to what they are looking for.

I think I ask the question for the sole reasoning of "Lets see what happens, FOR SCIENCE!" We can assume that we would lose some quality by freeze drying rosin, and we know that we will lose the aesthetics that people love, but the fascinating thing to me is the unknown.

Can we freeze dry hash, break it down, and press pills? Can we do the same process and have a more efficient way of making liquid based infused products? Would we lose cannabinoids in the freeze drying process that make the whole process a waste of time. There are so many unknowns in my head, I wish I had a unit so I can just answer my own questions.

Ollie

Veteran
For "Hashish pills" drysift would be the way to go with a pill press, then its a question on getting the texture/microns rights or put the sift in capsules.

For infused products, I think the work/path is a bit different, if the perfection is the goal.

I hear You in terms of the "thoughts of interest", Im all in the same boat.

Big up and happy new year!

Latest posts

Latest posts