What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Compressed Jamacian: aka - 'Ses'

Mampi

Hey all I aint seen any of this kind a weed for about a year now, usually gotta wait until I bump into a Jamacian friend of mine.... He's always got a nice bit on him and sotred me out with a couple of J's :joint:

I dunno if any of yas will recognise this stuff or not but here's a lil description of it to jog those stoner memories back into action! :D I am shit @ describing smells so bear with me :pointlaug

The bud has an earthy, yet chocolaty/bovril smell to it... when ground down there is the slightest hint of a hashy frangrance creeping past the other smells described above.... my mate seems to think this I due to the compression and the natural 'oils' being confined to the bud, hmmmmmm! :chin: lmao!! Well I dunno about that and he dunno I grow so I didn't say anymore but to tell the truth he may well be correct as I have no idea.

Anyways this bud has obviously been grown outdoors, has'nt had the best manicure but it's not too shabby either, I found a bean in the bud, but there are very few in say 7grams (which is what the my mate had) a maximum of The color has definately been effected by compressing the bud but the taste and high sure aint and they're very pleasing indeed..... a fantastic daytime smoke and if yas overload a J it could keep ya couchlocked for an hour or so.

As ya can see I found 1 bean in my bud and might try and grow it out for shit's n giggles :D

CiaO!

Last edited:

Mampi

Been thinking of trying to pop her.... prolly put it into germ 2night keep your eye's peeled mate!

Mampi

If it's authentic Jamaican then pop that bean.

It sure is mate... the dewd has a trusted source ;) We'll see what it brings check mi shiva skunk thread fer updates! prolly end up with some 7ft tall 'outdo only' monster, lol...

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
Mampi said:
It sure is mate... the dewd has a trusted source ;) We'll see what it brings check mi shiva skunk thread fer updates! prolly end up with some 7ft tall 'outdo only' monster, lol...

No doubt! it will probally take a long time to finish too. Good luck! hopefully it will be a nice female. If it turns out to be a female then make sure you keep a cutting from her so you can preserve her.

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
lol that's what used to be called commercial in the uk about 7 years ago. The cheapest weed ever sold at that time. No one wanted it. I wouldnt waste time on growing that stuff, spend a few quid with nirvana if money is tight, or someone else if not so tight.

Mampi

Lmao! GMT that's a grand claim.... it's not that crap!!! :D And see mi signature, I got good strains already and know good weed mate....

I have or have grown NLxSKunk, LUI, NYCD both pheno's, SourD (rez's), NL, Sage & sour, Skywalker... and the list goes on, and on... and then some ;)

As I said above this is not 'commercial', for straters as you would know 'commercial' is filled, no actually riddled with shit loads of seed and would'nt give anybody a buzz not if you'd been smoking good shit anyways.

This is definatley what they send over from jamaica! sometimes comes in a tube shape.... very heavy in weight compared to size. I have had it from various sources over the years and I did'nt even smoke 'commercial' 7 years ago bro. I only ever bought this type back then....... it's what they refered to as 'high grade' in certain circles ;)

Anyways..... just so we don't get our wires crossed this is what I am puffin right now.

Excuse the pic quality!

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
You can laugh all ya want mate, I'm only trying to save you some time and space. Grow it if ya want it doesn't bother me at all. I'm just pointing out that over here 7 years ago, jamaican ses was considered and priced at commercial grade. I'm not questioning your general experience, and I'm sure you're a fine grower, but I'm not in the habbit of making grand claims to screw with people. Perhaps it is a different type of weed, but the picture sure looks the same as used to come over in cans back in 98/99, and the same name. Whether ses is a general name given to exported weed from jamaica I can't say, and I havent smoked the piece you have so I can't be sure, but I really wasn't trying to put you down or big myself up at all. I wish you well if you choose to grow it, but I really do believe that there would be better uses of your time and space. As for not smoking commercial 7 years ago, well I'm not getting into a pissing contest, lets just say it was sensible business to have choices, and when you have the ses, even soap bar can be overcharged for and the skunks can be charged the earth for in comparison. I have no idea what commercial is like these days, as all I do is grow my own rather than go for hunting and trying different weeds.

G

ill smoke your weed bro and not try and one up you with a witty remark, id smoke it for nastalgic purposes...actually id just smoke it. If i had room id grow it too. You never know what youll get probably more interesting then the generic hybrids that float around the UK.

peace

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Mampi said:

....The bud has an earthy, yet chocolaty/bovril smell to it... when ground down there is the slightest hint of a hashy frangrance creeping past the other smells described above....

CiaO!

You just described what we here in NorCal call "Mexican Brickweed". Earthy indeed but with a hint of something tasty inside. Highly compressed and harsh and bought as a last resort, goes for about 100.00 a half Oz. in this area.The high is about a 5 out of 10. Grow it out just for fun, you never know! Good luck!

Mampi

I guess I need to straighten a few things out,

I dunno what the strain is but it's not that crap that used to come in from eastern europe aka - commercial... cheap, very very leafy, high seed content and generally crap! :D This is some shit that comes in from JA in very small amounts from what I can gather and not around in abundace, never seen it in 'can' size only tube sized when I say tube I mean like half the size of BOG roll paper :_ I remember many people trying to pass crappy commercial of as 'ses' but it sure was'nt the same.

It may look like crap, but is not I can assure you. I have smoked the commercial you refer to GMT... it is as you describe boring, crappy and doesnt get you high...

Why anyone would smoke soapbar over it is beyond me though :rolleyes:

The commecial u describe is prodemantly leaf! Very small bud content... As you can see even in the dodgy piC :D there is only a very small amount of leaf on the bud.

Maybe I threw u off with the 'chocolate' description as I recall a commercial named chocalate which was a lil better than the usual shite but shite all the same.

lol that's what used to be called commercial in the uk about 7 years ago. The cheapest weed ever sold at that time. No one wanted it. I wouldnt waste time on growing that stuff, spend a few quid with nirvana if money is tight, or someone else if not so tight.

I wasn't being funny, but unless u have smoked something how can u have such a strong damnation of it?

KGB47 nah it's not that crap either ;_

CiaO! & best wishes to all!

BTw GMT I grow my own too and the couple of spliffs I got from my mate were a gift, I aint bought weed for a while.....

Last edited:
Hey Mampi I tink GMT is confusing that sess with african brick weed ,
Im currently growing out some african 'boot weed ' it's looking great.

That Sess does look authentic JA for sure. I 've met a few Rasta's that will only smoke sess ,they say the skunk's too strong ,

There are no indigious strains from JA ,they were all brought to the island mainly by african's ,
There is alot of hybridization happening also , so there could be a number of genetics in that Magic Bean ,

ndnguy

Mampi said:
Lmao! GMT that's a grand claim.... it's not that crap!!! :D And see mi signature, I got good strains already and know good weed mate....

I have or have grown NLxSKunk, LUI, NYCD both pheno's, SourD (rez's), NL, Sage & sour, Skywalker... and the list goes on, and on... and then some ;)

As I said above this is not 'commercial', for straters as you would know 'commercial' is filled, no actually riddled with shit loads of seed and would'nt give anybody a buzz not if you'd been smoking good shit anyways.

This is definatley what they send over from jamaica! sometimes comes in a tube shape.... very heavy in weight compared to size. I have had it from various sources over the years and I did'nt even smoke 'commercial' 7 years ago bro. I only ever bought this type back then....... it's what they refered to as 'high grade' in certain circles ;)

Anyways..... just so we don't get our wires crossed this is what I am puffin right now.

Excuse the pic quality!
I know the stuff he talking about and its not shit weed, they call it chocolate or something very heavily compressed, but fucks you up for sure. No ditch weed by any means just a fews things done wrong and it would be top grade , hard to not seed anything in Jam. these days. And if it was cured right , bam. lol

Mampi

skunkmaster's got the idea :)

glad to hear yas have sampled the delights mate.

ND I have had that chocolate too and its 'OK' but it's no ses ;)

I reckon you would have to smoke it to see what I'm on about, seek teh nearest friendly rasta for further info :p

peace!

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Looks like compressed Thai/Mexican bud too...I wonder if it's actually from Jamaica? In New York City, most Jamaicans smoke mid-grade Mexican bud that's actually pretty good....lime green and crystally. Grow it out and let's see what you've got, mate! :D I love growing bag seed.