What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It's my first time... be gentle ;)

NKOTS:

They are in a walk-in closet. It is about 4x6x8. They are under a shelved area, so they kind of have a "ceiling" above them at around 5'. There is a somewhat small window in the closet, across from where the plants are, but higher up. I have a fan exhausting air out of the window during the day, but at night, I close the curtain (it is a blackout -- no light leaks, I tested. I keep the window open, but the curtain closed), and another fan blowing air IN to the room at ground level.

As far as watts go... I think it is roughly 300 watts total? I calculated lumens the other day, and I think it came out to something like 25000 lumens for the 2T12s, 4T8s, and 4CFLs? The lights, aside from the 2T12s, which are vertical between the two plants, are all super close to the plants (maybe 1-2" away).

Temps... I don't know. I am not really properly measuring. I am going by how I feel. It has been REALLY HOT outside (upper 90s), but the room is somewhat comfortable (and I HATE HATE HATE HATE HAAAAAAAAAAAATE heat. If I am somewhat comfortable, it is maybe in the mid to upper 70s? A couple times it was uncomfortable in the room -- to me, uncomfortable is anything above 80.)

pH -- I just have strips. The water's been just above 6 for plain, right at 6 when I add the Morbloom.

Ummm... can't think of anything else :D This grow's just for me, with a little kicked back to the friend who gave me the clones, so I don't need huge yields or anything... just enough to last until next time (and a gram lasts me a while, so I think I'll be good!), and to learn as I go.

Pistil color change

Pistil color change

So I know the pistils turn color as they mature, but I am starting to see this on my LP now, and she is only 26 days in flower. Keep in mind she's a mystery, so I don't know how long she is "supposed to" flower. My CD4's pistils are still super white.

Is it "normal" for the pistils to start changing this soon? I will see if I can get a decent picture up. I love her pistils... they are the exact color of the flesh of a lime. Kinda... sad in a way... to see them starting to change.

SunGrown

it can happen from spraying teas or anything foliar at times.

Chances are it still needs at least 3 weeks. The mass really packs on the last 2 weeks. Be patient!

it can happen from spraying teas or anything foliar at times.

Chances are it still needs at least 3 weeks. The mass really packs on the last 2 weeks. Be patient!

Oh, I know she needs 3+ more weeks (unless she's some sort of crazy, super fast strain, which I doubt). I was just kind of surprised to see some turning already. The trichomes are still clear, though :)

I did lightly spray her with a very weak solution of Age Old Fish and Seaweed the day she fell over and was pinned between the pot and the wall. I tend to spray that if a plant is super stressed in some way (mostly have done this with my tomatoes), so I just tried it on her as well. Perhaps that is what made some of her pistils turn.

SoulSurfer

I think, I jjust. Busted a nut. Yep.. I did.
Those are some beautiful looking women you have there I'd have to say. Great job, keep it up!! I'll be watchin!!

K

kiwi_growa

LTTG, i agree with what you said. The pistols probably changed colour after making contact with the foliar spray you gave her after the accident.
Your buds look great though sis! better than most first timers i see.

Trouble in "Paradise"?

Trouble in "Paradise"?

Ugh. I have a feeling I know what this is. My CD4 girlie has decided she wanted to be a shemale, right? Bleh.

Could this be from my fucking cat munching on some of her leaves? You can see the nub of a munched petiole below the bud.

This is a lower, really small bud, but when I was inspecting this morning, I saw this. Grrr. I combed the rest of them and didn't see any more, but now I am going to inspect the hell out of her every day.

I used a tweezer to pluck the bunch off.

SunGrown

That sucks! especially when you only have two girls!!

I have to doubt it is from your cat, but maybe it stressed it enough. But I doubt it. You probably just got a cut with herm tendencies...because I have moms that get thousands of cuts taken from them at times and they never herm, so I don't think a cat nip would do it....

watch it closely or cut it down, either way I feel for ya!

Neekz

A few S1's never hurt anybody... I mean that's how Chem was found anyway am I right? Goodshow LTTG!

Last edited:
B

Bag

yea id take the nut and dust couple nugs on each plant and label, let seeds mature 30 days from pollenation, free seeds, female seeds to boot, of quality genes, winning !

I already disposed of the nanners. I only have two plants, this one Chemdawg 4 (the one that hermed) and one labeled "Lemon Pie" that I cannot find any info on. They are 4 weeks into flower today. I don't know anything about pollinating... I am wayyyyy new. I don't think I should attempt breeding with my first grow :D

But eh... if she throws any more, should I just leave them alone, or continue to pluck them?

I will take the girls' 4 week photos later on today :)

SunGrown

you dont want s1's from a plant that hermed 3 or so weeks into flower. not all dawgs do that, and the local chem 4 here sure doesn't. my opinion though, and others will differ. At least you are in a state where you should be able to get good genetics for your next go.

Like bugman52 said, keep plucking them...that lemon pie is an awesome genetic so far !!! good luck

"Lemon Pie" at 4 weeks flower

"Lemon Pie" at 4 weeks flower

Here's pretty, tiny Lemon Pie...

From the top... she is leaning toward the camera:

And one for scale... to show how tiny she is...
(she leans away from the camera in this shot.)

Last edited:
K

kiwi_growa

WOAH that hermie girl looks very crystally. They look awesome LTTG, that is gonna be some tasty bud!

WOAH that hermie girl looks very crystally. They look awesome LTTG, that is gonna be some tasty bud!

I just hope I can get it to harvest without fertilization! LOL!

Did you see the LP, KG? I took a pic with a lighter so you can see how teeny tiny she is. She's still my fave. Maybe CD4 is herming-out from jealousy...
:laughing:

Latest posts

Latest posts