What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rookie Aero Flo Grow Together

SouthernHaze

Man I was sure this thread was dead. Nice guys.
I still use my af18 after idk 7ish runs. It doesn't quite disappoint. I have been working on a vertical aero unit for anothe rroom but I still plan on keeping my 18 in operation. I would say your good with the 18 until it bores you and you want to go bigger and better. Just read what nutes we had success running and you will be fine. My lemon diesel is loving the unit.

mr. gt

Now its your turn Damageinaz to re-vive this thread by posting your grow. There was a lot of respected growers in this thread that would happily help you on your journey. Best of luck!

~mr. gt

mr. gt

Man I was sure this thread was dead. Nice guys.
I still use my af18 after idk 7ish runs. It doesn't quite disappoint. I have been working on a vertical aero unit for anothe rroom but I still plan on keeping my 18 in operation. I would say your good with the 18 until it bores you and you want to go bigger and better. Just read what nutes we had success running and you will be fine. My lemon diesel is loving the unit.

Vertical aero sounds very interesting and time consuming. The problem I have with horizontal aero is its not vertical and, at least my state, not very conscience of plant count.

It would be cool to build an aero system where you could grow semi-trees to keep count down.

Damageinaz

Give it my best shot

Give it my best shot

I think I need 50 post to put up pics so my be a bit but Ill give it a try still waiting on seeds White Widow Big Bud all Female seeds. any day now. Just plan to stick them right in the Aero with planting pucks don't have all the first grow bit limited with the tools I have .Have an Aero 18 using all slots so have to keep them small. Got all the Dm nutes just follow the steps I hope got T5 lighting 4 foot 8 lights says its good for 40k and seen some other good grows from them. So hopping for the best

mr. gt

I think I need 50 post to put up pics so my be a bit but Ill give it a try still waiting on seeds White Widow Big Bud all Female seeds. any day now. Just plan to stick them right in the Aero with planting pucks don't have all the first grow bit limited with the tools I have .Have an Aero 18 using all slots so have to keep them small. Got all the Dm nutes just follow the steps I hope got T5 lighting 4 foot 8 lights says its good for 40k and seen some other good grows from them. So hopping for the best
start posting!! once we can see pics its a lotttt easier to help

Damageinaz

Here we go

Here we go

Put them all right in the aero in pucks no nurts yet 5 of 18 broke ground this am. Water temp 80 have to get it down now so pump 30 on 15 off still putting ice bottles in it hourly to keep it down to 75 ac in the house set at 78 have a air stone in the res to keep the mix on. Few looking a tad yellow. Using T5 ho lighting only 4 of 8 on 6 hr of the day lights about 4 feet from the deck. Yellow to much light Im thinking so off with the lights and just letting in the sun room get some good light in it. RO water is 40 ppm PH 6.0 hoping to get a small fridge one with the small little freezer in it thinking I can put the air pump in the freezer to get the temp down the hole for the air line and plug should let air in are a water cooler riged up to chill the water. Got to be cheep you know. So any Idea why a few looking YELLOW.

Normlizer

Here is my latest grow in a aeroflo 20 using the same 400w and 224w led. Its a homemade cross using JLP amnesia haze x c99 and a g13 labs pineapple express. Its my first and only run of this. Its seems to be almost all haze. Its 7 weeks in and looks to be about a 12-13 week strain. I started flower when they were about 6" and now they are just monsters.
UzxVtSO.jpg

Damageinaz

3 more broke ground one had brown on the tip but its just the seed husk tried to get it off no luck PH jumped to 7 only got 17GL res so used an eye dropper with the PH down. Flushed the water with tap a few days ago caz used pool shock in place of zone added to much clean now tho. RO Im getting is 60 PPM ended up with 90 PPM after flush added 15ml potash, silice, than A&B 3 hours later up to 240 PPM. My Q is if I started with a base of 90 PPM and nurts put me at 240 I truly only have 140 PPM nurts in right so I have an 90 PPM - . Man they grow fast an inch over night really just 6 hours. Moved all the ones that broke ground to the same row and lower the water so the roots get air or the root I should say as one little root hanging out of them right now.

mr. gt

3 more broke ground one had brown on the tip but its just the seed husk tried to get it off no luck PH jumped to 7 only got 17GL res so used an eye dropper with the PH down. Flushed the water with tap a few days ago caz used pool shock in place of zone added to much clean now tho. RO Im getting is 60 PPM ended up with 90 PPM after flush added 15ml potash, silice, than A&B 3 hours later up to 240 PPM. My Q is if I started with a base of 90 PPM and nurts put me at 240 I truly only have 140 PPM nurts in right so I have an 90 PPM - . Man they grow fast an inch over night really just 6 hours. Moved all the ones that broke ground to the same row and lower the water so the roots get air or the root I should say as one little root hanging out of them right now.

sounds like a PH problem. Aeroflo should be 5.5-6 PH I THINK! not 100% sure. PLease put the light back on them. The natural sun light will not help. It may stress them? or think they're growing too late in the season? Either way it has nothing to do with the lights. the lights should be 1-1.5 feet away.

Are the roots supposed to get air? Im not a big aero guy but I never read that before. Can you post a link to where you read that, so if its true i could further educate myself on the topic. thanks

~mr. gt

Damageinaz

Got a cooler

Got a cooler

Got a mini bar from a friend for 25 bucks. Pumping water in to a jug of water with 20 feet a tubing coiled up and back out to rez and have my air pump sitting in it to. Should do the trick have to wait and see if my temps come down from 77 to 80 that Iv been in.

Damageinaz

almost 3 weeks

almost 3 weeks

Almost three week added silica, potash waited 3 hours than a&b all just 15ml have 17 gallon res.

First few days they really took off like 4 more leafs and later looks like a few got burn as the very tips on the bottem leafs yellow and brown and looking like they are taco kinda. water is 72d ph 6 PPM 300 RO water 18HR lights T5HO running pump 30 min on 15 off to keep heat down. Had to make a chiller from a water cooler as mini fridge I got was not working. I used copper tubing in the res to transfer heat is copper tube bas in res water would that make leaf go taco plants look good and healthy other wise.

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 19
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 20
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 19
  • p4.jpg
    p4.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 17

Damageinaz

Update

Update

At 6 weeks now and growth is jumped in just 3 weeks running just the basic DM A&B with Potash&Silica. Res temps was a daily battle made a home made chiller that's working got a water cooler and put the coils in a cooler that has a 10 foot coil that is just tapped of the pump and run into the cooler and change out 2 litter out.

Have like 15 2 litter in the freeze change out 3 to 4 every few hours keeps the temp to 70 to 75 next run Ill buy a fridge and strip it down and make a chiller out of that. Shit at one point I ran a line to my freezer and back but was killing my fridge.

Temp is a bitch house ac is set at 82 really thinking about a geo chiller digging a dam 4 foot hole 10 feel long and lay some copper line as I want to grow 2x to 4x next few runs and that's going to take one hell of a chiller.

Anyway back to the grow Im getting cheetah spots and lower leafs thinks a cal def ph 6 and gose up and down with PPM at 420 been posting for help no one seems to answer me guess caz Im new. But all and all for a first grow its growing and Im learning a lot keeping my head above the water so far.

Attachments

• 20140816_091350[1].jpg
    20140816_091350[1].jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20140816_091338[1].jpg
    20140816_091338[1].jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 20140816_091324[1].jpg
    20140816_091324[1].jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 20140816_091300[1].jpg
    20140816_091300[1].jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 20

B4O2N0G

Hey damage your plants are looking pretty good.i do have some advice though.

I have read that copper pipe is not good for chilling a reservoir because copper breaks down in salty nutrient water and leaches into the water and your plants causing deficiencies.

Your plants may be showing signs of copper toxicity but it could also be a calcium issue because of ph problems.

You should use a stainless steel wort chiller instead of copper.

Im planning to build a water chiller with an old window ac,stainless steel wort chiller,pump and hose but I haven't got around to it yet.

mr. gt

At 6 weeks now and growth is jumped in just 3 weeks running just the basic DM A&B with Potash&Silica. Res temps was a daily battle made a home made chiller that's working got a water cooler and put the coils in a cooler that has a 10 foot coil that is just tapped of the pump and run into the cooler and change out 2 litter out.

Have like 15 2 litter in the freeze change out 3 to 4 every few hours keeps the temp to 70 to 75 next run Ill buy a fridge and strip it down and make a chiller out of that. Shit at one point I ran a line to my freezer and back but was killing my fridge.

Temp is a bitch house ac is set at 82 really thinking about a geo chiller digging a dam 4 foot hole 10 feel long and lay some copper line as I want to grow 2x to 4x next few runs and that's going to take one hell of a chiller.

Anyway back to the grow Im getting cheetah spots and lower leafs thinks a cal def ph 6 and gose up and down with PPM at 420 been posting for help no one seems to answer me guess caz Im new. But all and all for a first grow its growing and Im learning a lot keeping my head above the water so far.

so glad this thread is back up....now only if I didn't have to worry about plant count....

Damageinaz

12 days into flower

12 days into flower

Most are about 22 in and seem to grow an inch every other day man if it was not for this forum id never of made it this far tho I never seem to get any answers to asking Q about Deficiency no matter where I post them Iv still manage to get by from reading mostly just changing the rez clears things up.

Thanks people and most of all hats off to aerokrafter for the knowledge Im well on my way to bigger grow next round still need to make it by this one and hope its good stuff in the end. Heat was the biggest problem but got it down now tho bigger grow means more heat to deal with but that's later.

Attachments

• 20140903_172006.jpg
    20140903_172006.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 20140903_172015.jpg
    20140903_172015.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 21