What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post Your winner males!

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
Hello I been wondering what kind of males everyone is working with for breeding/ or just playing around please post your Male Pics.
I will upload some of mine too :tiphat: all the best

kinger

Veteran
I have a kushplant male (whitefire x bubba bx),he is gonna dump on some whitefire,bubba,white s1,gorilla grape and chem4.

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran

well this is a little experiment Im doing with some House og, afghany bull rider, and an unknown og.. Pollinated with Herojuana and a Medicine Man lets see what happens

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
hashberry male

attachment.php

attachment.php

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I think doing a LST, and make your Male bend completely horizontal would be a great way to make the pollen fall on a collector. Instead of maybe falling down to another leaf.

supermanlives

Veteran
a male in full bloom gives plenty of pollen. i tilt plant and shake lightly othertimes i take a cut about ripe and put in glass water

spring fed

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn Joe, that hashberry male looks tight!
I'm no breeder, but I do enjoy chucking a little pollen. I collect my pollen in an envelope and then use a small paint brush to dust select branches. No fans or venting for a few hours after to try and minimize broadcasting pollen throughout the room.
For this run I used a Sour Bubble male on Blue Dream and West Coast Dog. Next run I plan on using a really nice looking Witches Weed male.

SB Male
picture.php

picture.php

HueJass

Dr. Dank, is that saran wrap attached to that wooden frame you are using to capture pollen? I've got a few males that I am looking to put to use but I am terrified of pollinating my entire room. How all you dudes preventing your rooms from getting entirely pollinated?

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
Dr. Dank, is that saran wrap attached to that wooden frame you are using to capture pollen? I've got a few males that I am looking to put to use but I am terrified of pollinating my entire room. How all you dudes preventing your rooms from getting entirely pollinated?

Hey The plastic around the wooden frame is Greenhouse Plastic That i bought a while ago at the Big evil Wal-mart I build it for experimenting and now im using it for Male plants so wind doesn't blow the pollen all over my place.

If you only want to pollinate one plant or a specific bud all you have to do is touch some male pollen with you finger and let your oils from your hands get ahold of it... ones you want to pollinate take your plant away from flowering room touch where you want your seeds and the hairs should turn burn... wait 24 hours.. spray down with water so it kills any left over pollen an bring back to room.
Hope this helps.

Here Im tapping a Medicine Man Stud from Mr.nice seeds collecting the pollen in Glass.. Im storing the pollen in medical Vials to use later in future projects :)

:jump: and here we have it! all the best!
Please Post your male flowers.
also would like some info on when is best to pollinate you plants 2 weeks into flowering?

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
i pollinated mine on week 2-3 and seen a signifigant loss in yield, after seeing that i asked chimera what his thoughts were, and he said it probably would have been best if i pollinated around week 4-5...

i found that once i pollinated the bud growth stopped and the calyxes started to swell up with seeds and all the plants energy was put into reproduction instead of making seeds..

so in the future to get a bigger seed harvest i plan to pollinate a bit later than i did this time.

Here's a POG #8 male, from an older breeding session, with some revegging females and mostly-still-flowering females (fresh from the bloom room) fit for breeding... this particular chamber doubles as a veg room, and the occasional pollen/breeding room. When breeding in my larger rooms, I apply pollen manually for a few hundred seeds, the smaller room (when not a simple veg chamber) is for seed-cropping, and will produce thousands of seeds in a sitting. I'll often pollinate while revegging to kill two birds with one stone, or one plant as it were... the females usually produce viable seeds in the two or three weeks it takes to reveg under 20/4, at that time I harvest off the older growth with the seeds included, and can begin re-flowering the freshly vegged females.

3_100_4067.jpg

2_100_4071.jpg

1_100_4068.jpg

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
Thanks Joe that makes sense, Chimera was the right breeder to ask :) He makes some serious Genetics. Badkittysmiles thats a pretty nice Male you got there! wow! Mucho pollen! haha I love how the flowers cover the whole branch.. What does POG stand for?
Great shot! Thank you guys keep em coming!

Latest posts

Latest posts