What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

blue cheese 12/12 from seed oxypot style

Scrogerman

Veteran
Thanks!

Thanks!

You've really inspired me man, im thinking now of going with a Sealed cab with LED, DWC or Coco, & Co2, with a little Heater & Stat-(for Cooler Months), & that my bro is a killer set up & alot more stelthy than noisey exhaust fans etc. i may well have to get on the bandwagon here bro. Cheers for the inspiration ;)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
the reason for the light was because i seen a grow on 420mag where some dude has just grown a super lemon haze under a led panel with less watts than this and i was impressed with his results ;)

also i didnt want the hassle of extraction and temp controls etc etc when running hps i like to keep things simple and this light is plug and play .

ive just gotta master the correct heights at the different stages of growth to maximise my yields:)

i have a small heater in my tent and the only reason i bought it was to keep night time temps high so as not to induce stretching in my babies when i did this 12/12 from seed and it looks like it paid off ;)

i noticed you mention about getting a different airpump but i cant understand why when in each of my buckets i have an airstone and also the hydor ario which sits inside the bucket and reduces noise even more, both these provides more than enough oxygen for my plants needs and they really aint that loud in fact my 6 inch clip on fan makes more noise than my bubblers ;)

again this is just a pure experimantal thread where i can weigh up different things about my growing style,on my next grow after ive seen my results from this 1 i will be able to take what i have learnt and put on a proper show ;)

i think its gonna take a couple of days for my plants to readjust to the new spectrum and then hopefully we will see some explosive growth in buds (at least thats what im hoping :) )

take its easy bruv

peace

Scrogerman

Veteran
Oh right you have the hydor inside too, well thats plenty in a single bucket split with that 300lph, i see what you mean. I was just trying to say i prefer more powerfull pumps to the cheaper versions, usually compressor pumps, i have exactly the same haiena pump your running there & just use that for my spare res, to oxygeate it before the weekly changeout, my last DWC effort i was running 40litres per minute(Not per Hour) through a 70litre tank with two plants sitting at top, tote style. A bit of Overkill on the Oxygen i know but imo its a struggle to overkill the D.O(dissolved Oxygen) and thats whats DWC is all about for me bro!
Anyway now you have No ventilation what you doing about Co2 Bro? a plant will use all of the available Co2 in a little tent in no time at all, less than an hour levels are gonna drop right down & hinder growth potential, just thought id mention this to you bro, something to consider, i anit tellin you how to grow bro, i just thought id mention it & ask what you doing about Co2? thats all bro!
peace & respect.........Scroger!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
never even thought about it fella as the tent as vents on it i keep the door open a little and have a fan on constant 24/7, im only growing 2 plants at the minute but obviously when i step up my game i might have to invest in 1 of them co2 machines if its gonna make a big difference.

im gonna do a bit of researching and find out more about co2 as you got me thinking now ;)

what would you recommened then for a 120x80x180 tent then i also have a 1mx1mx2m tent in my garage that i can use at a later date

peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 42 from seed

i had a look around at a few diaries but i cant see any mention of co2 being used in their systems so i think im just gonna roll with the setup i have for the time being ;)

a few leaves on my plant are showing signs of nute burn however my ph and ec is dialed in and hasnt moved
ive checked my ec pen and checked my ph pen and both are accurate so i cant understand why the plants are showing signs of overfeeding :(

ive gave them both a fresh res and added pk 13/14 to 1 res which im gonna be doing over a 3 week period, all i have done is take the total amount needed and divided it by 3 and spreading it over the 3 weeks ;)

other than the slight burnt tips the plants look healthy but its fuked me off cause i cant pin point whats caused it

a few pics of the plants

110620101401.jpg

110620101400.jpg

110620101399.jpg

110620101397.jpg

110620101395.jpg

110620101394.jpg

110620101392.jpg

090620101391-1.jpg

peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
These have come on really nice Skotty! Bet they stink like fuck now do they?!!

yeah they smell quite a bit ive just been checking out you big devil diary and have to say you are flying along ;)

hopefully now ive got my new light setup i should be able to keep up with you in the bud developement stages and push the boundries a little bit on my next grow :) i noticed your on day 63 and im ony day about 44 (i think) but my buds look very comparable to yours so im hoping some big yield off mine this time round :)

ive held off on the pk 13/14 on one of the buckets and in the other 1 im spreading it over 3 weeks to see if it makes any difference

o yeah i noticed you said you was doubling up on the canna boost dosage , in my grow im growing 1 with canna boost and 1 without it and the 1 without is doing the best :( just thought id give you the heads up on that but the results will be in the finished product

cheers for dropping in fella ill get some recent pics up soon and you can have a look at my bud structures ;)

peace

yeah they smell quite a bit ive just been checking out you big devil diary and have to say you are flying along ;)

hopefully now ive got my new light setup i should be able to keep up with you in the bud developement stages and push the boundries a little bit on my next grow :) i noticed your on day 63 and im ony day about 44 (i think) but my buds look very comparable to yours so im hoping some big yield off mine this time round :)

ive held off on the pk 13/14 on one of the buckets and in the other 1 im spreading it over 3 weeks to see if it makes any difference

o yeah i noticed you said you was doubling up on the canna boost dosage , in my grow im growing 1 with canna boost and 1 without it and the 1 without is doing the best :( just thought id give you the heads up on that but the results will be in the finished product

cheers for dropping in fella ill get some recent pics up soon and you can have a look at my bud structures ;)

peace
I'll look forward to that Skotty! Yeah, day 63 is quite advanced but during the early stages the Onyx was that big i struggled to get any light to the Big Devil.
That's going to be an interesting experiment with the canna boost cause that's the most expensive part of my grows! £50 odd quid and doesn't go far when you're doubling up on the stuff!
Think you should have a good yield of the cheese, they're looking pretty big! How do you find your hydrolab tent for grow management?

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
I'll look forward to that Skotty! Yeah, day 63 is quite advanced but during the early stages the Onyx was that big i struggled to get any light to the Big Devil.
That's going to be an interesting experiment with the canna boost cause that's the most expensive part of my grows! £50 odd quid and doesn't go far when you're doubling up on the stuff!
Think you should have a good yield of the cheese, they're looking pretty big! How do you find your hydrolab tent for grow management?

yeah the whole cannaboost thing is to see if its purely worth the money cause its expensive stuff and so far the plant without it is outperforming the 1 with it,but time will tell

what do you mean how do i find my tent??

i have 2 hydrolab tents and i also have a 1mx1mx2m secret jardin tent i do prefer the doors better on the hydrolab,all 3 have 95% mylar reflectivity the only difference is both companys do varying sizes.

all i have running is

1 x 345 watt led panel
2 x oxypots (i have a spare for res changes ;) )
6 inch fan
1 x heater for night temps

im off to take some pics and ill update later

peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 44 from seed

both plants are still on .6 ec and ph 5.8

im starting to see bud formation taking place and it looks like there gonna have some nice flowers in the coming weeks

1 plant has pk 13/14 in the tank and im still holding back on the other 1

a few pics to asses progress i have to apologise for the quality of the pics but the led is so bright its just fuking my shots up ;( im gonna put my cfl back in the cab tomoz for purpose of picture taking ;)

the first plant is the 1 with the canna boost and pk 13/14

130620101419.jpg

130620101421.jpg

130620101413.jpg

130620101411.jpg

130620101414.jpg

this is the plant with canna boost and no pk 13/14 yet

130620101416.jpg

130620101415.jpg

110620101406.jpg

130620101417.jpg

peace

Iron Lungs

Loving how these girls are going! i need to check out that tent set-up where did you get it from? and you said a 6" fan is it exhaust or intake?

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Loving how these girls are going! i need to check out that tent set-up where did you get it from? and you said a 6" fan is it exhaust or intake?

6 inch fan is a clip on fan for air circulation in my tent i have no need for air intake and extraction becaue

1. i dont have heat build up
2. i have my vents open and grow with the door open a little so im always getting a fresh supply of air
3. i grow right next to an airvent which is always brining in fresh air from outside and is postioned right next to 1 of my open vents ;)

my setup is designed for quick growth and cheap to run hence im doing away with all the intake/outake nonsense and the costs of running hps.

the tent is from a company called hydrolab and they are a quality made tent very similar to secret jardin except i have 2 double doors which is very usefull where on my secret jardin tent i just have 1 door

the tent is lined with 95% reflective mylar in fact all my tents are lined with this :) some people argue against it saying it cuases heat spots but because im growing with cfl and led i dont have heat to deal with

hope this helps

peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
blue cheese is always a winner and always a top quality smoke ;)

to be honest the new panel is easy its just plug and play both plants are moving in the direction of the light so it must be appealin to them

im looking forward to doing a full grow with it ive only had the light for 7 days and already my plants have increased in size and struture, on the website it says its comparable or better than a 600 watt hid light but ive never used that type of light so cant really comment. its pissing over my cfl lights though

what i will say though is its producing buds and thats all that matters would be nice to see if i can get some phatt flowers but i think that will depend on my growing style and hitting my plants at the right time with the nutes
i was expecting to see an improvement in their feeding and thought that with the new spectrum it might encourage them to want more but this hasnt happend yet,they seem happy at .6 ec which is how its been right from the start
i did read somewhere that blue cheese doesnt put on weight untill the latter part of the grow but as long as the buds keep forming then i dont mind waiting :)

peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
i think the panel will pay for itself over time and its cheaper to run than 2 250 watt cfl lights so im already saving on leccy, its even cheaper to run than your hps ;)

shame i didnt get to share my results over on thc as it woulda been nice to share with them what led can do and i know a lot of peeps over their were intrigued to see it pan out :(

you been growing long then fella ?? you seem to have your shit under control anyways

I'm losing patience with the server as are a lot of people over there! This Big Devil is my 3rd Grow.
I did some Barneys Farm LSD and Nirvana Northern Lights before Christmas
Then the Onyx and now the Big Devil and Trainwreck!

Think i'm the same as you mate! Just enjoying what i'm doing and learning along the way with trial and error!:smoky:

My plants seem to thrive in their current environment but going to try some different lighting techniques soon!
Maybe an outdoor grow too if we get any summer! :)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
yeah boy every grow is a learning curve in our experience ;)

outdoor growing does seem cheap and easy i might invest in a green house and keep my outdoor activities on the low down,its just the smell id get scared of its not like i can have a carbon filter running outdoors

whats these new light techniques you got planned the you investing in more hps or is it a top secret project? :)

Thinking about keeping a 400w HPS but with a better reflector but also about hanging cfls all aroung the room attached to the walls for maximum light potential! Just for when I've got more than one plant on the go!